Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

we don't need finished players..quebecois or not...4 years ago, he would've been a nice add to our team but we have enough depth on wings..we need centers and D-men

RDS is saying Dumont should be a Predator soon. It is believed they have reached a contract agreement.

so eklund will say: Dumont to montreal (e10) :lol:

so eklund will say: Dumont to montreal (e10) :lol:

really? Wow!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Alright bout time dumont signed somewhere getting tired of hereing he might come to mtl whe we know he wont.

Hell yes! Seriously! Enough is enough!

... so what are the chances of Carter coming to Montreal?

LOL Carter he would suck in mtl, Also 3million for someone who will struggle to get 30 goals NO WAY IN HELL! only reason he got that many goals cuz of the sedins lol. He doesn't know how lucky he had it there.

I believe it's his being in Montreal playing shinny with some Habs that's the rumor.

I'd be happy to take him, but not for much.

And if the Gagne has any truth to it, I'd forget about him.

Oh OK.

I agree aboot taking Gagne over Daze anyday, but:

I don't think that gainey likes high risk/high reward kind of players..I think he'd rather go for consistency and less bling bling.

Daze definitely has some risk involved, but not really. With Daze being unsigned, and when you consider his reccent injury history, the risk is almost nill. Bob could offer Daze a 2 way contract, that would pay $500K in the NHL, or $75K if he's sent down, so its not really a risk, more like a chance. ;)

Anybody know how long performance laiden contracts can be? Are they limmited to 1 year contracts, or can they be longer?

There's not many players out there that can be paid so little with the possibility to produce as much as Daze might be able to. Gagne is uninjured, and would produce more, but he'd cost around 5 mil/yr, not to mention who'd the Habs would loose to get him.

Zherdev does have potential, but IMO he wouldnt be worth it. The Habs would loose a current prospect to get him, + a 1st rnd pick. Something bizare is going on with him, I beleive it'd be smart to stay away from him. Like Fanpuck33 said, MacLean knows exactly what kind of talent he is dealing with, but for some unknown reason, he isnt willing to pay him. MacLean's asking price is right high for a player he wont even pay $2 mill/yr. :unsure:

According to The Code...

Daze has been offered a try-out with the Habs. If true, we will see how he looks in camp.

But....why?

He's a winger, right? Wing is where the Habs have the most depth, right? Every wing spot has been filled by a capable player, right?

So...why?

Why? :blink:

Is that a rhetorical question? :lol:

At 6-6 235 Daze will be the player whose job in the playoffs will be to push Pronger around. :king:

Daze can score. He has 4 30+ goals season, and almost had 40 1 year. Now just think those were his stats playing with the Hawks. Daze's linemates with the Habs will be way better, no matter what line you put him on. :D

With no team showing interest in him, he either signs, or retires. The puck is in Bobs rink during any negotiations. $500K 2 way contract is a worth while chance to take, because it wont break the bank or hurt to bad on the Salary cap if it doesnt pan out. However, if it does totally pan out, the Habs will have a physically large 30+ goal scorer for $500K. B)

Also Daze only got to play 1 game in the new NHL. If Daze can return to his former form, with better linemates, and the new rules, he could probably get 40+ goals.

I remembered 1 stipulation regarding contracts for injured players. Any player who fails to play in 160 games over 3 years qualifies. If Daze manages to play all 82 games this year, next year he would still qualify for a performance contract.

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

I would love to see BG take a chance on Daze, this guy is/was a monster when healthy. If nothing else he would be an awesome guy to have in reserve, in case on injuries. Like people have been saying he would come at a minimum price tag, and the payoff could be huge.

Can anyone find anything legitimate about him getting a tryout?

Rumours of the day. :rolleyes:

Habs continue to pursue Briere but Phoenix is now in the mix. (Code)

Daze has not yet accepted the try-out as he is weighing his options. i.e. if someone will sign him (Code)

Washington is interested in Grabovsky and are willing to part with Mike Green to get him. (Sly)

Habs are talking to Nashville about Legwand. The Habs are offering a prospect and would also like to pry Teemu Laakso from them. Nashville wants a goaltender prospect. (guy by the name of No B.S.?)...this contradicts Code who is saying the Preds are shopping Hartnell. Also Nashville has a great golatending prospect in Rinne...

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Washington is interested in Grabovsky and are willing to part with Mike Green to get him. (Sly)

I like that one.

we always need right handed Dmen

he has a new one at sportnations. you will need to register (for free) but don't fall for the scam to buy an insider mebership. He has the occasional public chat that is called the cowbell report. It is under the NHL trades and rumours section. He announces when the public chats take place on the Inside the Code website.

http://www.sportsnations.com/

http://insidethecode.blogspot.com/

Edited by Mr. Nasty

he has a new one at sportnations. you will need to register (for free) but don't fall for the scam to buy an insider mebership. He has the occasional public chat that is called the cowbell report. It is under the NHL trades and rumours section. He announces when the public chats take place on the Inside the Code website.

http://www.sportsnations.com/

http://insidethecode.blogspot.com/

Awesome, thanks!

I know most of these guys are full of it...but I remember this guy being pretty accurate at the deadline last year ....

we always need right handed Dmen

x10!

Right handed Dmen are highly covetted. The majority of Dmen shoot Left, so there arent a whole lot of Right handed Dmen out there. When you have 2 D's that both shoot the same, 1 of them is always on the wrong side for 1 timers.

In the playoffs last year, the Oilers PP wasnt that effective. The main reason for that was because Pronger was constantly on the wrong side. :(

You cant attempt a 1 timer if the shooters stick isnt facing the passer. The only way to somewhat get around this problem, is to have the D's switch sides. If a team has a L and R Dman, this problem doesnt exist.

I HATE THIS RUMOR!!!! :angry:

Thank what ever it is you pray to (me it's the Sainte Flanelle :P ) that this is just that; a rumor.

Grabovshy is the next big thing since the toaster, or the moon walk (by the way what decade are we in??)

but fe real though, we need to keep this kid he is no Hossa case and we will be happy that we didn't let him slip into the potholes of the mount royal when he makes Malkin look like a tart that forgot how to pop. :king:

I'll ay it again WAYYYYYYNE GRAAAAAAAAAABOVSKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :hockey: