Jump to content

Permanent Rumour Thread


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

 

Danault, Caufield and a 1st draft pick? that two past 1st rounders and another 1st

Danault is a UFA. Why in earth would the Sabres make that deal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dlbalr

    1348

  • The Chicoutimi Cucumber

    1314

  • Commandant

    1105

  • DON

    834

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, obviously he'd be acquired to play center.

The PK trade will never make sense.  You can keep Weber and price together until they are 50.  That is not going to change the fact that it was a horrible trade and a colossal mistake:  we lost the tr

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

The point is that a prospect, even a blue-chip premium prospect, has risk associated with him. If he's 80% likely to become an elite NHL player, for example, he will have less value than a player who already is elite at the NHL level.

 

At the moment I am not convinced that we would be able to get Eichel at any sort of reasonable price.

Yeah. I doubt if we can get him at a reasonable price  - as much as I’d like Eichel.

 

Having said that, I also think there is a risk associated with Eichel as well. He’s starting to have a steady stream of injuries.

 

the other thing is we absolutely can’t keep trading all of the decent young dmen we draft.  As much as I want a superstar. Centre, we need a stud D more. Weber does not look like he is an elite Dman. His performance has fallen off as much, or maybe even more than Giordono - and despite being the captain and winning a Norris just two years ago, most fans and media in Calgary want him traded to rebuild.  Given his age, I think Petry will probably start declining in at least the last year of his deal.

 

now if we can swing a Eichel and Dahlin deal. Than I’d be all in on moving Romanov and Caufield - too bad Milbury isn’t the GM in Buffalo (their GM sucks, but he isn’t quite milbury bad)!!😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:


Yeah I agree with this. 
 

I wouldn’t be against calling Caufield up to replace Gallagher. Let’s see what he’s got

I wouldn’t either - once Caufield has played a few games in Laval.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

the other thing is we absolutely can’t keep trading all of the decent young dmen we draft.  As much as I want a superstar. Centre, we need a stud D more. Weber does not look like he is an elite Dman. His performance has fallen off as much, or maybe even more than Giordono - and despite being the captain and winning a Norris just two years ago, most fans and media in Calgary want him traded to rebuild.  Given his age, I think Petry will probably start declining in at least the last year of his deal.

Maybe in 2022 or 2023 Weber will be ready to contemplate hanging up his skates, and we can offer him a nice front-office job to keep him in the organization. Of course this might induce some panic in Nashville ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Danault is a UFA. Why in earth would the Sabres make that deal?

Get a 2C at a discount that can stabilize the Center position, a very good prospect in Caufield to be part of their core and a shot at another good prospect to the rebuild plus sufficient cap room to lock any of their core or resign Danault or get another key piece for their lineup

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Get a 2C at a discount that can stabilize the Center position, a very good prospect in Caufield to be part of their core and a shot at another good prospect to the rebuild plus sufficient cap room to lock any of their core or resign Danault or get another key piece for their lineup

Right. But they could just sign Danault in July, with no incremental cost to them ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Danault is a UFA. Why in earth would the Sabres make that deal?

You do know Sabers can workout a contract with danault once they get him.... That's if they're interested in him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomh009 said:

Right. But they could just sign Danault in July, with no incremental cost to them ...

Assuming he doesn’t re-sign with the Habs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Assuming he doesn’t re-sign with the Habs.

 

If you are trading for Eichel, its a move you are making in June and not now anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

You do know Sabers can workout a contract with danault once they get him.... That's if they're interested in him. 

Why would they want to give up their beat player for a UFA? when. they have zero chances of making the playoffs and can get him for free?  There is not gaurantee that Danault would want to sign there???  given how badly that team has been run for over a decade, why would Danault want to sign there?? I can’t see even Mike Milbury gong for a deal like that!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

If you are trading for Eichel, its a move you are making in June and not now anyways.

The OP was saying Sabers could sign Danault in the summer without including him into a trade for Eichel.  Which is assuming Danault doesn’t re-sign with the Habs or anyone else first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why would they want to give up their beat player for a UFA? when. they have zero chances of making the playoffs and can get him for free?  There is not gaurantee that Danault would want to sign there???  given how badly that team has been run for over a decade, why would Danault want to sign there?? I can’t see even Mike Milbury gong for a deal like that!!

Their is no guarantee they can land him in an open market especially if other teams want him. Trading for him and getting an upper hand on signing him first is a better option. 

 But I for one don't think buffalo would trade Jack unless he wants out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On Danault, they could ask him what contract would make him happy in BUF, offer a conditional second if he signs or sign Danault with the understanding he would be traded to BUg... the contract can be worked out if there is a fit

 

but on the pieces value, I think it can work

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, this is the rumour thread.  If you're posting in here, it should be to discuss a rumour, not hypotheticals or any other discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Guys, this is the rumour thread.  If you're posting in here, it should be to discuss a rumour, not hypotheticals or any other discussion.

Rumor has it Brian gets grumpy when the thread rules aren’t being followed.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Rumor has it Brian gets grumpy when the thread rules aren’t being followed.

 

That's not a rumour - that's a proven fact...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Only presenting this because of the blue checkmark, but if Hoffman is indeed heading to the north division there is a 25% chance it is to Montreal...

 

33.3% if you take into account Winnipeg is probably not looking for another scoring forward. BUT WE GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF HOFFMAN CAUSE DUBAS KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT US AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO EDMONTON YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS OUR 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF HOFFMAN AT THE DEADLINE. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF HOFFMAN IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF HOFFMAN AT THE DEADLINE! KEN HOLLAND?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT THE DEADLINE!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We also know the Habs were among the teams showing interest in Hoffman heading into the start of the season to the point where they were exploring cap dump trades.  That one wouldn't shock me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

We also know the Habs were among the teams showing interest in Hoffman heading into the start of the season to the point where they were exploring cap dump trades.  That one wouldn't shock me.

This is also the year to do it because the pandemic will stop Hoffman's toxic AF girlfriend from bullying any of the other wives of the players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

Only presenting this because of the blue checkmark, but if Hoffman is indeed heading to the north division there is a 25% chance it is to Montreal...

 

33.3% if you take into account Winnipeg is probably not looking for another scoring forward. BUT WE GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF HOFFMAN CAUSE DUBAS KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT US AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO EDMONTON YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS OUR 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF HOFFMAN AT THE DEADLINE. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF HOFFMAN IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF HOFFMAN AT THE DEADLINE! KEN HOLLAND?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT THE DEADLINE!

You Berra math?  ... "Baseball is 90 per cent mental. The other half is physical."

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

You Berra math?  ... "Baseball is 90 per cent mental. The other half is physical."

Steiner Math

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Still a few others to fish for (Ryan Suter, Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Zach Parise ...) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

 

Still a few others to fish for (Ryan Suter, Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Zach Parise ...) 

 

Getzlaff was an absolute beast in his prime, made for the playoffs. Talented, tough, strong and mean. However he is now 35 and his production has fallen significantly, kind of like Weber.   He likely wouldn't be cheap and I am not sure he would be the answer at this stage in his career but he and Perry might have fun playing together again. A 25-30 year old Getzlaff would fill a huge hole but they are hard to find. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

Getzlaff was an absolute beast in his prime, made for the playoffs. Talented, tough, strong and mean. However he is now 35 and his production has fallen significantly, kind of like Weber.   He likely wouldn't be cheap and I am not sure he would be the answer at this stage in his career but he and Perry might have fun playing together again. A 25-30 year old Getzlaff would fill a huge hole but they are hard to find. 

Man we really blow that 03' draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...