Pittsburgh at Montreal | Game Thread

lazy26

Gionta finally found his legs back. HAbs needed that badly.

Gomez, Plekanek are 1a 1ab when they have support from 3-4th line.

White belongs to the NHL.

There was no depth, suddenly Guy Boucher created some.

Lapierre and Metropolit still stinks.

Who misses D'Agostini ? See what hungry players can do.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because that forced 4 guys into the lineup who's coaching came from Hamilton. JM has not had time to teach them his defensive, puck possession game yet. :wacko:

Another strong game.

Could someone explain to me why we had to wait until February and Cammalleri getting injured before finally seeing this team play with focus, intensity and aggression for 60 mins?

Edited by brobin

Because that forced 4 guys into the lineup who's coaching came from Hamilton. JM has not had time to teach them his defensive, puck possession game yet. :wacko:

I've been thinking that for a while now. Between, Carle, Belle and their composure early on, to Darche, Trotter, Dejairnais. and White, we have a bunch of no names, who come up ready. Man that fourth line was impressive.

If he's not replacing MArtin next year, the HAbs should certainly give Boucher a raise. Give him a salary that is the equivelant of what rookie NHL coaches get, so he isn't too tempted by any vacancies that open up. I'm sure the Molsons would write that cheque.

Maxwell hasn't really impressed me much, but those 3 certainly did (as did Darche). I'd send Maxwell back before I sent back any of those White Horses.

Really uncomfortable with all the positivity in here. Real Habs fans wouldn't let a good game get in the way of bitching someone who played out. I'll step up and be a man.

Halak was poor. Price would have had a shutout.

What was Pleks final stats he got 2nd star.

Really uncomfortable with all the positivity in here. Real Habs fans wouldn't let a good game get in the way of bitching someone who played out. I'll step up and be a man.

Halak was poor. Price would have had a shutout.

Hehe...not touching this one, but I think tomorrow they should put Price back in the nets..he's like 7-1-1 lifetime vs. Boston, we dont want to do to Price what Halak had happen to him with sitting too long.

What a paradox. We need MAB off the fourth line to have it play fast and fierce to draw penalties, but we need MAB back on the PP so we don't go 1 of 7 again.

Spacek didn't really impress me on the point, and I would like them to try SK74 back there every now and then.

Edited by JacksonJ

What a paradox. We need MAB off the fourth line to have it play fast and fierce to draw penalties, but we need MAB back on the PP so we don't go 1 of 7 again.

Spacek didn't really impress me on the point, and I would like them to try SK74 back there every now and then.

Heh, kind of true. Although to me we still only had 3 good lines tonight. I suppose Maxwell-Metropolit-Lapierre wasn't bad, as they had a couple decent shifts to go a long with a couple of duds.

Well, let's give Markov and Spacek some time to see if something can work out there while Bergeron is out. I think missing Cammalleri, Kostitsyn and Pouliot also hurts a LOT on the PP.

So on the player grades it say Gio was a minus 1 and had 3 points. Pitt only scored 3 goals, how could he be a minus 1?

Man that fourth line was the star of the game though.

PP goals do not count towards +/-

PP goals do not count towards +/-

Correct - I did a bit of a double take when I saw that myself. It means that the Gionta line was on the ice for all of Pittsburgh's goals (Gomez and I believe Markov were minuses as well).

So on the player grades it say Gio was a minus 1 and had 3 points. Pitt only scored 3 goals, how could he be a minus 1?

Man that fourth line was the star of the game though.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20092010/GS020856.HTM

On the ice for: Dupuis goal against at even strength (minus), his first goal at even stregnth (plus), got a point on Gomez's goal on PP (no plus/minus effect), Guerin's even strength goal (minus), his second goal also at even strength (plus), Malkin's short handed goal (minus).

So he has 2 goals, 1 assist, and had 3 minuses and 2 pluses, so he was -1 overall.

that was one hell of an effort! :clap: if they come out the same way tomorrow, they will continue to add to the pooh bears losing ways! i felt for ryan o byrne today....very glad he played a solid game after that "watch out for that blueline moment" ,especially after his mothers passing.

Heh, kind of true. Although to me we still only had 3 good lines tonight. I suppose Maxwell-Metropolit-Lapierre wasn't bad, as they had a couple decent shifts to go a long with a couple of duds.

Well, let's give Markov and Spacek some time to see if something can work out there while Bergeron is out. I think missing Cammalleri, Kostitsyn and Pouliot also hurts a LOT on the PP.

Concerning Lapierre, I did not see the game but in the box score of the Montreal Website, it shows Lapierre with the least ice time of everyone in the game, even less then the 3 rookies called up. Can someone who watched the game explain it to me, did Max play badly or was it simply the flow of the game with the 4 lines? It appears the rookie fourth line played more then the Max third line.

If he's not replacing MArtin next year, the HAbs should certainly give Boucher a raise. Give him a salary that is the equivelant of what rookie NHL coaches get, so he isn't too tempted by any vacancies that open up. I'm sure the Molsons would write that cheque.

Maxwell hasn't really impressed me much, but those 3 certainly did (as did Darche). I'd send Maxwell back before I sent back any of those White Horses.

This I agree with. We're a wealthy organization. There's no salary cap on scouts, coaches and all that jazz. Let's keep Guy Boucher, pay him well. Maybe he can become our Lindy Ruff.

What a GREAT game!!! :clap: Fantastic effort out there by the Bulldogs players!! This is what I have been watching all year in Hamilton. :D

me to!!!

the bulldogs

and i've been preaching about white and a few of these dogs for a while now watching first hand what they've been doing in hamilton....

it's not all boucher you know? they got some good players down there and this is not the same bulldog team as last year!!

MAB & his PP pros vs "a quality energy forward"

i'm not gonna sit here and completly bash MAB floating on the 4th again because this game (although only 1 game) should have shown first hand what ive been trying to get across all along about the kind of players we need vs MAB on the PP point. white and trotter might not have scored tonight (but darche did :P ) like MAB has on occasion but they are very much responsible for this win as well as the rest of the group.

the powerplay

the habs biggest problem tonight on the PP was gaining the zone and setting up..... spacek's biggest problem was being scared to pull the trigger.... on that 5-3 for example everytime marky passed it to him he'd stop the puck first.... he's gotta fire that slapper on the 1-timer or we need to find another lefty who will!!

jackp and brobin need a seperate thread...just for the two of them.

I hope everybody here notices how fast some people here jump on anyone who mentions how well Halak is playing. My name got mentioned and I didn't even make a comment!

Seems like we have a thought police going...