Pyatt - Gomez - Gionta
Darche - Plekanec - S. Kostitsyn
Moen - Metropolit - D'Agostini
Maxwell - Desharnais - Lapierre

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Price

So Price gets the start tonight, hey Price...you're struggling, here's your chance to make an impression on the new GM, oh yeah...5 regulars out of the lineup (Pouliot, Mara, Bergeron, Cammalleri, A. Kostitsyn), so play well or..you know...you're a failure and you'll never make it. The team will get you one goal support..maybe, infact you better get a shutty tonight if ya want us to love you!

All kidding aside, tough game. Markov has to play big tonight, he's been a bit shakey lately, Price has to be the star tonight. Pyatt on the 1st/2nd line...I dunno.

Neat fact, the NHL's longest winning streak belongs to the 1992-93 Pittsburgh Penguins who won 17 straight games, caps sit at 14. Edited by bar

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While this is a tough start for Price, they did the same thing to Halak, tossing him into a tough game after a long period of bench warming.

Realistically, the team has little chance for a win. I think all Price needs to do is play well and give the team a chance. He can't win this on his own and he can't be expected to. His upside is to play incredible and actually steal a win. That would be fantastic.

Oh, and I won't be surprised if his first goal against is a bit soft. He has to be rusty and will need to get into the feel of a game again. Hopefully people won't freak out and will give him some time to settle in.

As for the rest of the team, they better be skating they butts off tonight. Washington is not a very good defensive team, but if you sit back in defend mode you will lose. They have to keep them in their own end and hope Ovie is half asleep. Don't wake him up!

This is probably THE tough game for Price. He's been sitting for a while, has to play the top ranking team in the NHL with arguably the worlds best player that is currently on a 14 game winning streak. Not to mention the 5 key players we are missing.

Sucks to be Price...

Ah, what's the use? Tom Pyatt? He gets called up and in 19 games has 0 points. Obviously he's called up to play defensive hockey because it's the Caps. Just looking at JM behind the bench gets me angry these days. We are going to lose anyway, may as well go all out and shoot it out with the Caps, I'm sick of these 'hold your breath" games, win big or lose big :clap:

Can you imagine if McGuire was the GM..................you get called into his office for a quick chat and you gotta listen to him ramble on, and on and on......... ^_^

By the end you're wishing you're sucking dirty pond water, and you'd want to Kabonk him!

And we're back sounds like Pierre was yapping through the whole TV timeout..............Pierre's Playhouse!

why do I have the feeling Ovie's gonna have a dozen or so shots before this game is said and done?

bad play by Darche. you can't play soft with one hand in front of your net and faced to the best player of the NHL

Could someone explain to me what is the point of dumping pucks in the corners, work your butt off to dig it out and then just send it to the point and give it to your talentless defensemen who couldnt hit the net if their life depended on it?

... and the stupid refs screw us again. F**k 'hem.

Well, good first period by Price... boys need to pick it up offensively again.. they are starting to get outworked.

Oh crap... that was not good.. that was brutal.

that might be a broken jaw... and another one goes down...

Scary thing for the guys to watch there. the good thing is that it was at the end of the period so the guys can get a status update and be somewhat back into the game when play resumes. (assuming the news isn't bad of course)