Caps @ Habs - February 10th, 2010

bar

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. that was roughing???? that is embarrassing for the league

You can have a goal called back for infringing on the goalie without getting a penalty. I think the reason is that puck was out until Ovie gave a push to price when they were all down.

So why wasn't their a penalty then?

I think the rule is incidental contact. It's no goal but not a penalty either. Been a few calls like that this year

Yep, something like that. It is fairly stupid they use the same term for both. What just happened should be called goalie obstruction.

What ticks me off when they changed the rules to make the game faster (puck over the glass) yet they rarely call anyone knocking the net off.........guys coming back to "help" their goalie out slide to block a pass etc and they knock the net off yet no call..

What ticks me off when they changed the rules to make the game faster (puck over the glass) yet they rarely call anyone knocking the net off.........guys coming back to "help" their goalie out slide to block a pass etc and they knock the net off yet no call..

I forget where I heard it and I kinda thought it was silly when I heard it, but whoever said it was completely right: the old school net moorings need to come back. Theres simply to many guys going like a bat out of hell directly at the goalie. Its a win win scenario. You either score or maime the other teams goalie. Put the old imovable posts back in and that bunk stops instantly.

The Ovie hit goal should have counted. Gill had the puck in his feet and was looking for it. OV destroyed him and pushed Gill, the puck, and Price into the net. Explain the call on that. Hey I'll take the no goal, but I can't think of a rule to explain why it wasn't a goal.

Gill never actually touched the puck, so maybe player interference. OV kinda made contact woth Price, but the puck had crossed already.

Edited by BCHabnut

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

The Ovie hit goal should have counted. Gill had the puck in his feet and was looking for it. OV destroyed him and pushed Gill, the puck, and Price into the net. Explain the call on that. Hey I'll take the no goal, but I can't think of a rule to explain why it wasn't a goal.

Gill never actually touched the puck, so maybe player interference. OV kinda made contact with Price, but the puck had crossed already.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Musta been it, but I think the puck crossed before that.

In the event that a goalkeeper has been pushed into the net together with the puck by an attacking player after making a stop, the goal will be disallowed. If applicable, appropriate penalties will be assessed.

In the event that the puck is under a player in or around the crease area (deliberately or otherwise), a goal cannot be scored by pushing this player together with the puck into the goal. If applicable, the appropriate penalties will be assessed, including a penalty shot if deemed to be covered in the crease deliberately

Gill, didn't have the puck and it should have been an interference call against Ovie...he may have even launched himself, Gill is a tall boy. I'm enjoying the game...balls to the wall, backs up against it..they have nothing to lose...love this style of hockey. JM pay attention!

Price is playing very well.

Gill never actually touched the puck, so maybe player interference. OV kinda made contact woth Price, but the puck had crossed already.

you cant allow players to knock dmen into goalies to create scoring chances.

Why not put MAB on point, and OB by their net, and when the Bergerbomb goes off and goes near the other teams dmen just have OB smoke their dmen into their own goalie. What a great strategey. :rolleyes: Obviously that cant be allowed. Just destroy anybody near the other teams net into their own goalie.

But then again the Cheezicannes cheezed their way to a Cup win tripping the other teams forwards and using them to block their own teammates point shots. :puke:

Edited by Sir_Boagalott