Dominic Moore in Montreal

rafikz

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big fat shrug. 37th skater.

This looks like preparation for a second move, doesn't it? We're already over the cap and we have plenty of bodies as things are (despite the key injuries).

*goes to check Moore's numbers*

How many centers do we have?

Moore is a 3rd-4th liner

Will Lapierre be traded ?

Yeah. Moore's an average sized, thirty year old center that once had 45 points in a season but seems to usually score more like 15-30. I wonder why we'd want him.

....Could it possibly be in anticipation of a Plekanec (or Gomez) trade? Plekanec/Jack Johnson deal coming up, as I predicted. :D

Yeah. Moore's an average sized, thirty year old center that once had 45 points in a season but seems to usually score more like 15-30. I wonder why we'd want him.

....Could it possibly be in anticipation of a Plekanec (or Gomez) trade? Plekanec/Jack Johnson deal coming up, as I predicted. :D

Trade Plekanec. That would be ######ed.

i would think it as to be Metropolit being moved but you would think the other deal would of been made by now??if we are over the cap, do the nhl give you time to make room?

i really not a big fan of moore :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by KEEP26

i would think it as to be Metropolit being moved but you would think the other deal would of been made by now??if we are over the cap, do the nhl give you time to make room?

Deal's not official, trade call hasn't been made. Gauthier has until then to make a move (Maxwell seems like the immediate choice for a demotion to get under the cushion).

Huh?? Trading a 2nd round pick for a 30-year-old journeyman?!? And a rental to boot?!? WTF?!?? This team needs more picks, not more mediocrity. Even if this is prep for a subsequent move, I simply can't see how sacrificing a pick that high makes any sense for this player; maybe a 4th rounder at best. I'll refrain final judgement until I see what possible follow-up move might be forthcoming, but right now this looks like a small but significant piece of smelly dogsh*t of a deal - significant because it suggests either that Gauthier fails to grasp that this team needs to re-stock its system, not further deplete it, or else that he is just an idiot. Or both.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Just finished running the numbers, the Habs are just over the cushion (2+ mil over the cap) which confirms my concerns earlier. Something's gotta give here. One of the sites I use as a checkpoint has some bonuses coming off that are unhittable, not sure if I can get the specifics on those though like last year.

Huh?? Trading a 2nd round pick for a 30-year-old journeyman?!? And a rental to boot?!? WTF?!?? This team needs more picks, not more mediocrity. Even if this is prep for a subsequent move, I simply can't see how sacrificing a pick that high makes any sense for this player; maybe a 4th rounder at best. I'll refrain final judgement until I see what possible follow-up move might be forthcoming, but right now this looks like a small but significant piece of smelly dogsh*t of a deal - significant because it suggests either that Gauthier fails to grasp that this team needs to re-stock its system, not further deplete it, or else that he is just an idiot. Or both.

Right. The trade alone is underwhelming, but a follow-up trade appears to be looming. That's when we can judge whether it was worth giving up a second.

I want Gainey back!

+1

Dominic Moor for a 2nd Rounder - you gotta be fxxking kidding me!!

No matter what the followup is, a 2nd rounder for Moore??? That's what the leafs got for Antropov who was a 20 goal scorer last year.

We need to dump salary not pick up more. How many 3rd/4th liners does a team need. Granted we have a lot of kids in that role due to injuries, but I'd rather play those kids then deal picks for spare tire!!

Didn't really like the Gauthier pickup, unless he really hits a homerun with a followup deal, I think we are in trouble.

First it was the comment that the only had one discussion about his UFA status and no numbers have even been discussed yet, now this bonehead trade. Hell, I would have been pissed off even if the habs moved a 3rd rounder for Moore!!! :wacko:

Right. The trade alone is underwhelming, but a follow-up trade appears to be looming. That's when we can judge whether it was worth giving up a second.

If it is more futures for a misguided run at the playoffs, this team is the new Leafs.

Short of us landing something very strong, trading a 2nd for Moore is unpalatable, at best. I suggest Gauthier should win whatever deal he's up to next or he may be run out of Montreal very, very fast.

If it is more futures for a misguided run at the playoffs, this team is the new Leafs.

Correction, this team is picking up the old useless leafs :angry:

stunning trade.. finally we make the big move to take this team to the next level. Sure we have cap problems now, but with Moore we can finally dump Gomez or Plex and put together a real top line.

this team is so close now. All we need to do is trade Halak and a first rounder for a number 7 D and we are set....

Seriously.. this better be part of a bigger move or I might have to cry...

Definitely needed to upgrade the third line centre spot, Moore seems kind of like a gamble in that regard. And at 6'0", he isn't exactly going to be creating much space out there.

Not who I would have thought of first, that's for sure. He could take some PK minutes away from Gomez, though, which would hopefully keep him fresher for offensive situations.

Moore fetched a 2nd rounder last year, weird he's still going for that rate during a down year.

stunning trade.. finally we make the big move to take this team to the next level. Sure we have cap problems now, but with Moore we can finally dump Gomez or Plex and put together a real top line.

this team is so close now. All we need to do is trade Halak and a first rounder for a number 7 D and we are set....

Seriously.. this better be part of a bigger move or I might have to cry...

you had me worried until I read your last line :rolleyes: can you blame me after hearing the habs traded a #2 pick for Dominic Fxcking Moore!