Habs vs Flyers - Feb 12th, 2010

bar

Pierre McGuire rocks and is back in my good books. I was irritated with him over the summer criticizing our UFA acquisitions but time has passed since and time heals all wounds. I tend to go into similar periods of annoyance regarding Don Cherry and especially Bettman.

As far as Subban goes. I was very impressed with how during the earlier course of the game he played well in his own zone. He was present in the slot and rushed a flyer center and stopped a one timer from happening. He defensively cyclyed well in the zone and played a good get your feet wet 1st period. After he had played conservatively for 4 shifts he then made his move and went for a rush. I think he last night demonstrated what the coaches will want from him. The right time to make your picks. I hope they get that point across to him and/or he realizes that if he is patient and he waits for the right opportunity he will make the enemy pay. His clearing and outlet passes were superb last night I have to admit.

I am going to have a 10 mile wide smile on my face if he gets "Monster" mention from McGuire. But CBC has the game so we'll never know

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic