2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

JoeLassister

If anyone has received any bitter comments from Americans, or if any Americans here have any bitter comments about the game, post them here please. I may have use for them on the radio tomorrow.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has received any bitter comments from Americans, or if any Americans here have any bitter comments about the game, post them here please. I may have use for them on the radio tomorrow.

Nothing to be bitter about. US played great this tournament and surpassed expectations by a mile. Most, like me, thought they were at best a darkhorse team for a medal. Who saw them going into the gold medal game undefeated and then taking the home country into OT? The future of American hockey is bright - we had the youngest team in the field.

My only complaint towards Canada is towards those involved in the decision to close the Whistler Sliding Center to outside competition to maintain a home ice advantage. Totally not in the spirit of the Olympics. Of course, for all I know, this is commonplace for host countries to do and we only heard about it this time because of the Georgian luger's death.

Nothing to be bitter about. US played great this tournament and surpassed expectations by a mile. Most, like me, thought they were at best a darkhorse team for a medal. Who saw them going into the gold medal game undefeated and then taking the home country into OT? The future of American hockey is bright - we had the youngest team in the field.

My only complaint towards Canada is towards those involved in the decision to close the Whistler Sliding Center to outside competition to maintain a home ice advantage. Totally not in the spirit of the Olympics. Of course, for all I know, this is commonplace for host countries to do and we only heard about it this time because of the Georgian luger's death.

Well... that in no way helps me.

Thanks, though.

Wish I could get you over to this private site I'm part of Triz, lots of American butthurt. Been putting up with American douchebaggery for a week now. They've resorted to taunting us that we're not in the World Cup and telling us they're still much better in the Summer Olympics. Don't know if thats the kind of bitter you're looking for. It's pretty hilarious to watch though. Canadians have been coming up with stuff like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/jet...260047_3106.jpg

Good stuff.

Oh. Just saw another one, taunting us that we've never been to the moon. Internet trolls are awesome.

Anyway, pretty f*cking good cherry on top of Canadian domination. New record for Gold medals. Plenty of other moments as well but these games definitely belonged to Canada. I guess I have to do the HWL sim now but I'll be getting drunk and laying waste to 17th Ave. after. :D

Sure, I'll take a look after the sim. Not going out until after I see the Closing Ceremonies anyway. It's all pretty typical forum fare though.

Theres bound to be some arguing going on over at HockeysFuture too. Maybe you can find something there?

Sure, I'll take a look after the sim. Not going out until after I see the Closing Ceremonies anyway. It's all pretty typical forum fare though.

Theres bound to be some arguing going on over at HockeysFuture too. Maybe you can find something there?

Used a bunch of them on The Rush today. Thanks jets!