If you were an athlete...

JoeLassister

If you were an athlete...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What sport would you like to practice the most in the WINTER Olympics Games ?

• Bobsleigh
    • Luge
    • Skeleton
    • Biathlon
    • Snowboarding
    • Freestyle skiing (mugles)
    • Freestyle skiing (aerial)
    • Nordic combined
    • Ski jumping
    • Alpine skiing
    • Cross country skiing
    • Curling
    • Hockey
    • Short track speed skating
    • Speed skating
    • Figure skating

I vote for Freestyle skiing (mugles).

Most. Spectacular. Sport. Ever.

It is unbelievable, how fast they motor down that hill. Especially with that camera that follows them down, stunning.

It is unbelievable indeed. Probably the most exciting event out there.

But I'm not sure I'd like to be a mugler. Must be nerve-wreckling. I'd prefer be playing on a team sports like hockey.

BTW, anyone heard Gretzky on RDS talk about Salt Lake and how Lemieux, Yzerman and Brodeur put the pressure on their shoulders and carried the team? Maybe I'm too partisan, but I always thought Joe Sakic almost single-handed gold to Canada. He was dominant.

I voted for biathlon There's something about being able to shoot a gun at a sporting event....... I was telling my wife if that was me I'd shoot the other skiers (only in the foot/leg) :lol:

What biathlon SHOULD be like.

I was an avid cross-country skier in my days, and was a good shot. So biathlon would probably be what I'd try first, but it's a crazy sport. You kill yourself skiing and then you have to become an immobile sniper all in a sudden.

Any sport that involves going down something fast would kill me. Any sport when I have to race with other people would kill them.

Funny enough, the most boring sport to watch (ski jumping) is the one that must be the easiest, most fun to do. It's like flying.

I just which they'd have a 3-ski ride-ons freestyle jumping event. I practice all my childhood winters for that!

Most boring???

Dude thats the most exciting thing to watch!! So beautifull to see how they fly! Those guys are just crazy, i love it. SkiJumping and Hockey are my two favourite parts of the olympics.

And i tell you, its not easy at all. 100km/h and your timing to jump needs to be perfect. And then with all the winds coming from all sided, it blows you right away. I have truly respec for those guys.

This should be an "other than hockey" poll, lol.

Well... Hockey is a winter games sports so it counts.

I voted curling since curlers are the only athletes capable of mixing alcohol and competition at the same time.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the 500m men speed skating finale, I could be tempted to reconsider this statement.

I voted Curling. I've tried it a couple times and enjoyed it, but after really getting into it this Olympics I'd like to join a club.

I used to think Biathlon was stupid, but I have a new found respect for it for some reason. I have no idea how someone could calm their bodies and shoot so accurately.

Curling was actually something we did pretty often in gym class in high school. We'd go play at the Calgary Curling Club (where Cheryl Bernard plays) every week. Loved it, it got me and a couple friends to join for a couple years. I always threw way too hard though so they made me skip just so I could knock everything out, lol. If you ever get a chance to try curling though, you should. It's lots of fun.

I went with snowboarding though. I'd love to be in the snowboard cross, I go up to Lake Louise and Nakiska as often as I can. Even out to Fernie in BC too, I love snowboarding.

Hockey would be nice but I can't skate worth a damn. I only play hockey in the summer when all I need are my Nikes.

Curling was actually something we did pretty often in gym class in high school. We'd go play at the Calgary Curling Club (where Cheryl Bernard plays) every week. Loved it, it got me and a couple friends to join for a couple years. I always threw way too hard though so they made me skip just so I could knock everything out, lol. If you ever get a chance to try curling though, you should. It's lots of fun.

I went with snowboarding though. I'd love to be in the snowboard cross, I go up to Lake Louise and Nakiska as often as I can. Even out to Fernie in BC too, I love snowboarding.

Hockey would be nice but I can't skate worth a damn. I only play hockey in the summer when all I need are my Nikes.

I'll be trying it on march 11th with my job's "social club". Like Peter Puck said, one of the only sports where you can have a beer DURING the game !!!

And also the only sport where you can see a good looking woman scream "HARD, HARDER" !! :clap: