What do you think of these moves?

REV-G

I read on one of the boards that the following deal is being discussed by a few "experts" out there who think it could happen. What do you think?

To Montreal: Cogliano, Brunnstrom, Smid and Dallas #2 2010, #1 2011.

To Dallas: Grebeshkov, Horcoff, another prospect player from Edmonton and Montreal's 3 in 2010.

To Edmonton: Price. Richards, a Habs Prospect, a Stars #2 next season.

Weren't we trying to sign Brunnstrom as an undrafted FA and Dallas got him instead? Anyway, from our end this seems a little unappealing especially since we'd be giving up the player with the highest potential ceiling going forward, but a few other questions come to my mind.... First, why on earth would Dallas wanna do this deal? I thought at first it may be just trying to shed salary, but looks like Richards' contract will come off the books at season's end anyway, so he'd be a rental, in which case Edmonton is probably the last place that makes sense for him.

Total bull. Dallas is going to trade a 1st 2nd 3rd, Brunsstrom and Richards for Horcoff, Grebeshkov, a prospect and a 3rd? Ya i dont think so.

AGREED, who dreams up these unrealistic trades!!, wow

From Montreal's Perspective:

Cogliano, small perimeter player, yes has speed, but gets easily pushed around....

Smid, is not as good as Gorges, and gets beat to outside all the time,

( Habs fan here, living in Edmonton, watch these players all the time)

So Cogliano and Smid, will not help..

Brunnstrom, well how would he help??

I wouldnt trade Price for the above straight up???

Hoping Gauthier doesnt get into a trade, because it being his first move and needs to make a trade, !!

I read on one of the boards that the following deal is being discussed by a few "experts" out there who think it could happen. What do you think?

To Dallas: Grebeshkov, Horcoff, another prospect player from Edmonton and Montreal's 3 in 2010.

I can't remember a trade like this ever occurring in real life. I think a smaller trade (one for one, two for one, two for two) for one of Cogliano, Brunnstrom and Smid is much more realistic.

AGREED, who dreams up these unrealistic trades!!, wow

From Montreal's Perspective:

Cogliano, small perimeter player, yes has speed, but gets easily pushed around....

Smid, is not as good as Gorges, and gets beat to outside all the time,

( Habs fan here, living in Edmonton, watch these players all the time)

So Cogliano and Smid, will not help..

Brunnstrom, well how would he help??

I wouldnt trade Price for the above straight up???

Hoping Gauthier doesnt get into a trade, because it being his first move and needs to make a trade, !!

I would. The first and the second sweeten that pot.

:puke: