Think Lapierre is gonna be suspended ?

JoeLassister

I think he will. As much as I like him when he grinds and play a little dirty, this was maybe a little too dirty. If it had been done on a Habs player, I would scream for a suspension. Can't believe the no-call there. One game should do it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this does, how about the Moore crosscheck into the sharks post less than 2 minutes later? This is another blatent cause of the cause/effect. Are you punishing the cause or the result of the incident? Buddy on the hit to Spacek got nothing for his hit, and that was more brutal than this.

If he does he suspended, I'm cool with that. I hope his line keeps playing tough like that...if they have to edge into dirty territory, thats fine with me, thats how you win in the playoffs.

What happened with Lapierre? I missed the game last night.

My prediction, if there's an injury, there will be a suspension. Otherwise, nothing will happen. The NHL only punishes results.

If it were Ovechkin there wouldn't be any suspension but guys like Lapierre will get those suspensions.

probably 2-3 games

Agreed. It'll be a 2 or 3 game suspension...and it's well deserved! But that's OK. It's nice to see a little grit from MaxLap!

Well deserved maybe...if they look at what Blake tried to do to Plek, or the Moore hit where he was cross checked into the sharks net, thats the problem I have. On it's own Laps hit was terrible, but in the context of the other shit that went down, it was par for the course.

I don't know but if he's suspended and O'byrne ends up in a 4th line

to dress Mara, out west then the decision not to bring a body for D'Agostini

can cost a game. Remember O'byrne on a 4th line looks like a guy who lost his purse.

ADD: A clip of the hit, nothing about hearings or possible suspensions or whatever.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Just saw the hit. I dunno... If Nichol doesn't swing his stick in frustration, none of this happens. I don't think Laps hit him that hard. I think 4 games is ridiculous.

Well deserved maybe...if they look at what Blake tried to do to Plek, or the Moore hit where he was cross checked into the sharks net, thats the problem I have. On it's own Laps hit was terrible, but in the context of the other shit that went down, it was par for the course.

That was just as dirty as what Laps did. Laps was in the heat of the moment, trying to catch a guy on a break away. Blake threw plek to the ice, ripped off his helmet, and tried to smash his head into the ice. Both deserve suspensions in my opinion.

Just saw the hit. I dunno... If Nichol doesn't swing his stick in frustration, none of this happens. I don't think Laps hit him that hard. I think 4 games is ridiculous.

I think he's not swinging his stick in frustration, but he seems to try to hit the puck way over his head. That's stupid cuz the goal would not have been allowed anyway...

I think he's not swinging his stick in frustration, but he seems to try to hit the puck way over his head. That's stupid cuz the goal would not have been allowed anyway...

Yeh, I think you're right. It's just a reflex to try and hit the puck in... your brain doesn't have time to process that it's too high.

Still, that move puts him off balance and sets the stage for what happens. Granted, Laps should identify that he's in a vulnerable position, but really... he barely touches him.

Whereas I think he got what he deserved. I hate p----- who hit you when your back is turned, yet don't have the guts to face you when you're not.

Mike Milbury when he played was a prime example of a dirty player who loved to hit people from behind into the boards.

The guy that Lapierre hit could've broken his neck on that hit. I think the NHL should start giving more than a paltry 4 games for blatant attempts to injure like that. In this particular case, the play was already going the other way, when Lapierre decided to perform his thuggery.

And for those of you who think it's okay, you'd probably be screaming bloody blue murder had it happened to someone like Markov. (And yes, that hit on Moore into the post should also have been punished by the NHL.)

I thought the play was somewhere between clean and dirty. It was not much of a cross check, nor was it much of a push. Seemed like he a bit off balance when Max shoved him and that's what caused him to go down. Two minute penalty for hitting a guy without the puck, and two minutes on Nicol for unsportsmanlike. He acted like he was in agony and as soon as he saw the ref wasn't buying it he was up trying to chase down the guy who hit him.

I thought the play was somewhere between clean and dirty. It was not much of a cross check, nor was it much of a push. Seemed like he a bit off balance when Max shoved him and that's what caused him to go down. Two minute penalty for hitting a guy without the puck, and two minutes on Nicol for unsportsmanlike. He acted like he was in agony and as soon as he saw the ref wasn't buying it he was up trying to chase down the guy who hit him.

Nichols swung at his rebound when Laps shoved him. So its not interference. However it certainly is a penalty and suspension worthy. He should have hooked the stick from above and tried to pin it down to prevent nichols getting the rebound. Don't be shoving guys from behind at full speed!

Lapierre has a history of blatently shoving guys in prone positions into the boards...hence a 4 game suspension.

The fact he won't stand up for his cowardly actions is why I don't want him on the team. He wants to be Claude Lemiuex but he's too afraid to actually back it up.

Lapierre is NOT good for this teams persona.

I want guys to play hard, gritty hockey on the 3rd and 4th lines...Lapierre has the skills to do that. However, that means playing on the line and standing on it...he runs way past it and then runs away to hide. Stuff like what happened to Moore are likely a RESULT of Lapierre's ANTICS...

Lapierre has a history of blatently shoving guys in prone positions into the boards...hence a 4 game suspension.

The fact he won't stand up for his cowardly actions is why I don't want him on the team. He wants to be Claude Lemiuex but he's too afraid to actually back it up.

Lapierre is NOT good for this teams persona.

I want guys to play hard, gritty hockey on the 3rd and 4th lines...Lapierre has the skills to do that. However, that means playing on the line and standing on it...he runs way past it and then runs away to hide. Stuff like what happened to Moore are likely a RESULT of Lapierre's ANTICS...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Terrific post...

I'm not alright with this suspension, if the other incidents don't even warrant mention by the Media, Moores hit, Blakes attempt to clean the ice with Pleks face. Other (see: better) coaches would point this out, but JM, seems too cowardly to speak out against anything/