Ruins @ Habs GDT - March 13th, 2010

bar

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't like the Habs game on Thursday, so I liked this in a bounceback sense. It was a big game, they dictated the play early to get the lead, and while the Bruins threatened it really was just two good chances they had to tie it. They got a bounce for goal #3, but generally didn't need spectacular goaltending to preserve the win, that one save withstanding.

Decent win.

Good point, Toronthab. The same thing happened with Anaheim on Sunday... Habs fired everything by the end and outshot them badly before tying it up at 3 after falling behind by 3 in the first. It's not just a Montreal thing. We saw it with Team Canada in the Gold Medal Game, too. And Team USA in the first Canada/USA game.

Moore was the 3rd star and won some crucial face-offs for us. Anyone still complaining about that outrageous waste of a 2nd round pick? :rolleyes:

Great game by the boys

Moore was the 3rd star and won some crucial face-offs for us. Anyone still complaining about that outrageous waste of a 2nd round pick? :rolleyes:

He was 2nd star in HW's 3 Stars (gotta get the shameless plug in there). :)

I liked the effort for the first 50 minutes but once again, sitting back was somewhat costly (we did allow a goal and lost the momentum). I think to some degree the coaches should be responsible for this but I think the players are tensing up too much down the stretch. The more they struggle late in games, the more it probably creeps into the players' heads, planting a seed of doubt. It's tough watching games knowing the inevitable letting up is coming. But enough about the negative, a pretty good game all around and the winning streak continues.

Good effort again today - kind of scary when they sat back again in the last half of the 3rd period. SK74 is looking really good the last few games - anyone still wanting him to "throw him in a package" deal??

Sk74 still needs to learn to rush back harder when play is going towards the habs end, but he looked good both on the PK and in the offensive zone in both of the last two games. Isn't that two games in a row where he was the 1st star??

Halak also came back with a strong effort, hoping he gets to redeem himself after losing badly to the rangers before the olympics.

With Cammy due to return in another week, things are looking pretty good. I'm hoping that the habs can line up Buffalo in the playoffs - I'd rather have to just beat Miller then the stacked Caps or Pens.

BTW,

I really didn't get the call on Ak46 when he hit Lucic just after he made a pass. How can they call that a penalty when nothing was called on the hit on Savard is beyond me :wacko:

Lastly, while Moore has looked good with Sk74, I still thin, a 2nd rounder is a high price to pay for a guy with his numbers who is going to be a UFA- florida was going to move him, the habs just overpaid.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Good effort again today - kind of scary when they sat back again in the last half of the 3rd period. SK74 is looking really good the last few games - anyone still wanting him to "throw him in a package" deal??

Sk74 still needs to learn to rush back harder when play is going towards the habs end, but he looked good both on the PK and in the offensive zone in both of the last two games. Isn't that two games in a row where he was the 1st star??

Halak also came back with a strong effort, hoping he gets to redeem himself after losing badly to the rangers before the olympics.

With Cammy due to return in another week, things are looking pretty good. I'm hoping that the habs can line up Buffalo in the playoffs - I'd rather have to just beat Miller then the stacked Caps or Pens.

BTW,

I really didn't get the call on Ak46 when he hit Lucic just after he made a pass. How can they call that a penalty when nothing was called on the hit on Savard is beyond me :wacko:

Lastly, while Moore has looked good with Sk74, I still thin, a 2nd rounder is a high price to pay for a guy with his numbers who is going to be a UFA- florida was going to move him, the habs just overpaid.

He already did when he shut them out 6-0.

He already did when he shut them out 6-0.

forgot about that. I thought that his last game against the rangers was the big loss.

When is JM going to learn...

DO

NOT

SIT

BACK!!!

Maybe he'll learn if we actually start to lose by sitting back? Sure it has created a few tense moments but we're the 7th best team in the NHL when leading after 2. A .920 win percentage is fairly efficient, especially since I would guess that a lot of those leads are slim ones given the fact that we rarely blow other teams out.

That pad save from Halak gave me an orgasm :blink:

Congratulations! I liked it a lot but not that much ^_^

I just watched the hit by AK (chilling down here in Orlando for a week).

That was a marginal call. Lucic dumped the puck back to the corner just before he was hit. I have seen far later hits that were never called.

The hit itself was an arm push to the shoulder and it sure looked like AK held up to me. Lucic went down hard, so the ref reacted. If AK just pasted him to the boards and he never fell down, that is no way they would have called anything.

All the rambling by the CBC about a dirty hit is just mindless ratings blathering after the hit on Savard.

I just watched the hit by AK (chilling down here in Orlando for a week).

That was a marginal call. Lucic dumped the puck back to the corner just before he was hit. I have seen far later hits that were never called.

The hit itself was an arm push to the shoulder and it sure looked like AK held up to me. Lucic went down hard, so the ref reacted. If AK just pasted him to the boards and he never fell down, that is no way they would have called anything.

All the rambling by the CBC about a dirty hit is just mindless ratings blathering after the hit on Savard.

The new ruling removes hits to the HEAD and from the SIDE.

AK hit him straight up and did not make contact with his head. Lucic's body was square to AK

and his head was admiring his dump/pass.

If there is going to be debate about that hit, they might as well remove all body contact from the game.

The NHL is absurd. AK gets a penalty for that, yet Cooke and Richards received nothing? Cooke gets zero

suspension, yet Lapierre gets 4 games? Nonsense.

In case people are curious as to when these games in hand are going to be made up... Philly will have, by next Sunday night, made up the 3 games in hand they have on us. They play tonight, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and again next Sunday. The Habs just play Tuesday and Saturday.

There's only 4 weeks left of the regular season. :blink: Habs play 2 games this next week, then 4, then two weeks of 3 game schedules. Most other teams have to play 4 games a week at least twice, if not three times. Habs just have one more back-to-back scenario.

The NHL is absurd. AK gets a penalty for that, yet Cooke and Richards received nothing? Cooke gets zero

100% agree with that. Millen commenting during the game last night was absurd.

In case people are curious as to when these games in hand are going to be made up... Philly will have, by next Sunday night, made up the 3 games in hand they have on us. They play tonight, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and again next Sunday. The Habs just play Tuesday and Saturday.

There's only 4 weeks left of the regular season. :blink: Habs play 2 games this next week, then 4, then two weeks of 3 game schedules. Most other teams have to play 4 games a week at least twice, if not three times. Habs just have one more back-to-back scenario.

Thanks for that. I suppose that it is too much to hope for the miserable, rotten @#!$%^&*()(*&&^^%%$##!!!! Flyers to lose every game :puke: Flyers :puke:

I think the Sens are going to freefall, but any matchup they find themselves up against in the first round

will be a tough matchup.

Caps, Pens, Sabres or Devils will all present significant challenges.

I think the Sens are going to freefall, but any matchup they find themselves up against in the first round

will be a tough matchup.

Caps, Pens, Sabres or Devils will all present significant challenges.

No kidding! However, ye Habs are an interesting playoff match-up. There's some battle-tested veteran talent on our squad - Hammer, Spacek, Gomez, Gionta, Gill, Markov, Moore, Metropolit - and players with Cup-rings who have shown they can do it in the past (Gomez, Gionta, Gill). There's a game-breaker (Cammy) and some unpredictable X-factors (the Kostitysns, Pouliot, Plekanec). And we have the goaltending to potentially be awkward opponents. Obviously, we will be underdogs, but smart teams wouldn't take us too lightly. (Actually what we really are is the perfect first-round opponent for a Cup contender, potentially good enough to shake them up and wake them up, but beatable. If we do make it, I expect that it will be interesting than last season's rollover).

On the Lapierre topic, how many games does Ovy get for his hit on Brian Campbell this afternoon? Looked like a carbon copy to me. Bet he gets away with no suspension.

On the Lapierre topic, how many games does Ovy get for his hit on Brian Campbell this afternoon? Looked like a carbon copy to me. Bet he gets away with no suspension.

There's an automatic 1 game suspension for Ovie unless they rescind the game misconduct. He now has 3 boarding game misconducts = 1 game suspension. He's also been suspended once this year for 2 games already.

I for one wish that AK had pasted Lucic even harder and dirtier. With some of the stuff Lucic has done, i woulda had no problem with a more vicious outcome.

Props to AK, and boohoo to all the whiners about the hit.