Habs @ Rangers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

HUge win for our boys. The Flyers lost(albeit in the SO) and the Sens lost also! Only 1 point behind ottawa!

Keep up the good work boys, and lets hope all the teams around us lose their games this week!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice satisfying win. Whatever Mr Martin is up to, he's doing a mighty fine job of it. I would never have guessed 6 out of 7, and as some of you guys were saying , the third and fourth are playing really well.

YAHHH BABEEEE! Gotta lke this team. Anybody think we aren't quite a bit better than last year? Me happy habby, :rolleyes:

Nice satisfying win. Whatever Mr Martin is up to, he's doing a mighty fine job of it. I would never have guessed 6 out of 7, and as some of you guys were saying , the third and fourth are playing really well.

YAHHH BABEEEE! Gotta lke this team. Anybody think we aren't quite a bit better than last year? Me happy habby, :rolleyes:

You sound like Blaze man ! Join HWL now.

well where are all the BoB bashers now? Apparently if this team is healthy it is pretty good. They may be small up front but they got guts and they don't give up EVER. let us all say Thanks BOB.

Yes, that was a pretty impressive win, as someone else mentioned these close checking games are the ones they normally lose. Nice to see them turning the corner.

Defensively they were really good, moved the puck very well, forecheck was there, played physical and won some batttles when they needed to, especially in there own end.

My only small complaint is sesveral players had chances to drive the net, put a good shot on goal, or draw a penalty. Instead they chose soem redicoulous back hand no look pass. That is nit picking a bit.

Toroto i beleive is another one of those trap games.

Good game because our 3rd and 4th lines are contributing for a change. That is the key to any team's overall success. Laps is still a bit useless, but I hope I never have to see another whine about Metro on the PP. He is just what we need.. right hand shot, big guy, WILLING to go to the net.

Hopefully the injury bugs are behind us and the team is rounding into form. We really need to move up the seed list to avoid Pitts or Washington in the first round. I don't see us as a cup contender, but we could go a few rounds if we get decent seeding. That would be a great step for the new core.

The big surprise there was that the Rags did not show for that game.

They were at home, they didn't work hard, Gaborik was totally flat and they

took stupid penalties.

It's not too big of a surprise: Olli Jokinen is their #1 centre. They're pretty much guaranteed 9th place as a result.

The big surprise there was that the Rags did not show for that game.

They were at home, they didn't work hard, Gaborik was totally flat and they

took stupid penalties.

Gaborik played?

I did watch the game

I am so glad my patience with the team this year seems to be paying off.

Maybe we should do as countless among you said a month or so ago, "blow up the team, fire sale, fire the coach, this team is a joke....."

Anyone want to be the first to eat some crow?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Good game because our 3rd and 4th lines are contributing for a change. That is the key to any team's overall success. Laps is still a bit useless, but I hope I never have to see another whine about Metro on the PP. He is just what we need.. right hand shot, big guy, WILLING to go to the net.

I hope you mean "big" as in "somewhat fat". Metro is 5-10, 195!

I think it'd be nice to see S.kost plopped up on the line with his bro and Plek. Pyatt really seems out of place on a scoring line, I'm not doubting his hustle and energy.

Ahh, good to be a Habs fan. I hope Cammy doesn't come back and screw up the chemistry! Healthy scratch!

I think these two statements go hand in hand. When Cammy comes back, we all know which line SK would be returning to had he been on the first line. With Pyatt playing on the first line right now, there's little harm of a "screw up" in chemistry once Cammy returns. Not to mention Moore, SK and Moen have been playing well together.

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx

The Kostitsyns playing on the same line has always been an adventure. And usually, not a heroic one. In the first couple games of the post-Olympic road trip, when they were with Plekanec, they never passed Tomas the puck, and Sergei always, ALWAYS looked for Andrei. Pleks must've been having bad flashbacks to playing with Kovalev.

Pierre Houde was saying on RDS during the game that although Markov has been very good this season, he shouldn't be considered for Habs MVP because he played only half the season. But they would give it wholeheartedly to Halak. The thing is, Halak hasn't started more games than Markov. So their argument to discard Markov is flawed. Just want to point that out Mr. Houde.

well where are all the BoB bashers now? Apparently if this team is healthy it is pretty good. They may be small up front but they got guts and they don't give up EVER. let us all say Thanks BOB.

Just cause they've won 7 out of 8 games, doesn't mean this team will win the cup!!! Let's wait and see how they do in the playoffs.

I still thikn Bob spent too much money in the off season...

I hope you mean "big" as in "somewhat fat". Metro is 5-10, 195!

Ya, I was thinking that too, but 5'10" 195 is pretty stocky. I'm 6'3" and when I was a kid I would fight with my friends a lot. One friend was 5'9" 205, I was 6'3" 205. I couldn't budge him. He kicked the hell outta me.

Pierre Houde was saying on RDS during the game that although Markov has been very good this season, he shouldn't be considered for Habs MVP because he played only half the season. But they would give it wholeheartedly to Halak. The thing is, Halak hasn't started more games than Markov. So their argument to discard Markov is flawed. Just want to point that out Mr. Houde.

Nope. I totally agree with that statement. Halak has like 4 Molson cups this year. He is by far the MVP.

Nope. I totally agree with that statement. Halak has like 4 Molson cups this year. He is by far the MVP.

Molson Cups are voted on by the media, they have zero value.

Using that logic Price would be the runner up because he and Plekanec had 42 points each through Feb.

Going into the stretch run and playoffs, if Halak were to be injured the Habs have a guy who could

replace him without a monster drop in production.

Plekanec's minutes are irreplaceable. Losing Pleks and moving Gomez up to the first line leaves the Habs

with Moore, Metropolit, Lapierre and Maxwell to fill out the remaining lines.

Due to Markov's injury, Plekanec is the MVP in 2010 IMO.

What MVP possible player DID play the whole season?

GOMEZ!!! :D

He should have Cammy and Gio's points added to his totals for bringing them in. Now those are some MVP numbers.

Edited by JacksonJ

GOMEZ!!! :D

He should have Cammy and Gio's points added to his totals for bringing them in. Now those are some MVP numbers.

^_^ Actually, Gomez *has* arguably been our second-half MVP. But for the full season, no.