Habs @ Leafers | Game Thread

hwhal.png

FROM HABSINSIDEOUT: Jaroslav Halak and the Canadiens will be looking to extend their current winning streak to seven games tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

It was no surprise when Jacques Martin confirmed that Halak will get the start tonight. In his six previous wins, he has posted a 2.06 goals-against average. A win tonight would give him the longest winning streak for a Montreal goaltender since José Theodore had seven consecutive wins in 2002.

http://habsinsideout.com/

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Star reports that Jonas Gustavsson will get the start tonight. The boys had better be ready, the Leafs have been hot of late.

GO HABS GO!!!

The Star reports that Jonas Gustavsson will get the start tonight. The boys had better be ready, the Leafs have been hot of late.

GO HABS GO!!!

Thanks lazy26. I just saw that myself. I'll edit it. Strange, what happened to Gusty and Giggy starting alternate games??? I assumed (for good reason) that Giggy was starting

Thanks lazy26. I just saw that myself. I'll edit it. Strange, what happened to Gusty and Giggy starting alternate games??? I assumed (for good reason) that Giggy was starting

No problem.

Maybe since the Leafs are doing better recently, Wilson is making a run for the playoffs? ^_^

I think the Leafs are trying to move up in the standings so the odds on their [boston's] 1st rd pick being the #1 pick goes down :lol:

Edited by kenadian

My worry that with not starting Price since the Ducks game..is that when he comes in and isn't sharp that fans and media are going to skew him. I'm happy with Halak being number 1, but injuries happen look at Philly. The message is not good either play two great games..have a bad period and sit the rest of the season. 3:1 Halak:Price ratio should help keep Price in the game and keep Halak fresh for the playoffs.

Habs lose tonight. They're due, they will probably have a problem with motivation against this bottom-feeder, and they usually do badly on the big Saturday Night HNIC showcase.

As for the Leafs's recent improvement, that's often seen among teams that are hopelessly out of the playoffs. With nothing more to lose, teams sometimes lighten up and ring off a few wins. Don't worry, they still suck and blow.

Habs lose tonight. They're due, they will probably have a problem with motivation against this bottom-feeder, and they usually do badly on the big Saturday Night HNIC showcase.

As for the Leafs's recent improvement, that's often seen among teams that are hopelessly out of the playoffs. With nothing more to lose, teams sometimes lighten up and ring off a few wins. Don't worry, they still suck and blow.

I understand your mentality, but the habs will win tonight! 4-3 or 5-2 :lol:.

Habs lose tonight. They're due,
I hear ya. I'm sort of like that myself. The law of averages sometimes adds up to the devil habs conscious sitting on my shoulder. That foreboding. Hope we're wrong!

:hlogo: TAKE 'EM TO THE CLEANERS! KILL 'EM, KILL THE B-ST-RDS! :hlogo:

PS. Giguere did play against New Jersey. Me bad :lol:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

All this winning streak does is allow Glenn Healey to bust out the hyperbole and homerism.

Ugh...weak goal, although I guess it balances with Giontas goal, so it's only fair.

That was a perfect shot, quick release, opposite side of the goalie's movement, top corner. The kind AK46 could be doing on a consistent basis...

Hammer is way too slow to play on the PP.

I can't wait for MAB to come back and make our PP dangerous again.

That was a perfect shot, quick release, opposite side of the goalie's movement, top corner. The kind AK46 could be doing on a consistent basis...

Hammer is way too slow to play on the PP.

I can't wait for MAB to come back and make our PP dangerous again.

It was a great shot, but Halak overplayed it. He ended up 3 feet past the net.