Montreal @ Buffalo GDT: March 24th, 2010

bar

Feel so bad for Price!!! I really dont understand why Buffalo was going so hard after the win? When do you pull your goalie 2 minutes to go with one goal down. Its usualyy in the 1:30 - 1:00 mark! Also pulling with 3 minutes to go! Kinda surprised me but it worked for them.

considering how the habs were sitting back and the sabres were all over the habs, it was a sound strategy.

Difference between having a good coach like Ruff who will take chances and will adjust to the situation and Martin.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal, way to blow a game boys......

Bad luck with a high stick and a simple bump and the sabre falls into the net.... more like just bad luck, not that luck exists or anything...

well, in the last 3 games where we could have secured the playoffs, we come out with 2 loser points.

I still don't understand why Cammy (off a month and late in the game) and AK were out there in the late stages. Half expected to see MAB out there too...

Don't know why you would be surprised. Martin is been making bonehead decisions all year.

Bad luck with a high stick and a simple bump and the sabre falls into the net.... more like just bad luck, not that luck exists or anything...

Cosmic balance is restored for the Anaheim game.

Gotta give credit to Lindy Ruff for pulling Miller down 2-0. It's easy to say now, but I would not have sent Sergei/Moore on THE FIRST UNIT to kill the PK on a crucial 4-6 !

nor Andrei (as much he deserved the hat trick) when it was 2-1.

considering how the habs were sitting back and the sabres were all over the habs, it was a sound strategy.

Difference between having a good coach like Ruff who will take chances and will adjust to the situation and Martin.

Don't see what Martin could have done. Hell! he was not going to replace Price by another forward!

Anyhow, nice move by Ruff, but he had nothing to lose. Also, you have to consider that we got too many penalties at the end of the 3rd. The players were obviously a little tired. Once again, we were a bit unlucky on those penalties. Particularly on the one to O'Byrne.

Well, at least we played well and Price too. He could have stopped the first goal on the shoot-out, but let's give credit to Pominville. He faked a move on the left and sent a quick shot between the pads. Nice goal.

Let's face it. If we played like that every game we would lose very few in a season.

Don't see what Martin could have done. Hell! he was not going to replace Price by another forward!

Anyhow, nice move by Ruff, but he had nothing to lose. Also, you have to consider that we got too many penalties at the end of the 3rd. The players were obviously a little tired. Once again, we were a bit unlucky on those penalties. Particularly on the one to O'Byrne.

Well, at least we played well and Price too. He could have stopped the first goal on the shoot-out, but let's give credit to Pominville. He faked a move on the left and sent a quick shot between the pads. Nice goal.

Let's face it. If we played like that every game we would lose very few in a season.

I'm not suggesting he should have done anything with Price - Price played awesome last night.

Martin should have called a timeout to settle the team down when tit was apparent the sabres were all over them.

Why he would have Ak46 and Cammy out there at the end of the 3rd period was beyond me. why you woudn't have had some defensive players with Pleks is inexcusable. You need to adjust to the situation and the "experienced" Martin seems incapable of adapting to situations in the game - this isn't just tonight, it has been an issue all year.

Lastly, Ruff was ALL OVER the officials when they called 4 straight penalties on the habs. While not another penalty was called on the sabres again - despite some very obvious infractions (slash on hammer), the habs got 6 straight penalties. All Martin did was play the mute.

I'm not suggesting he should have done anything with Price - Price played awesome last night.

Martin should have called a timeout to settle the team down when tit was apparent the sabres were all over them.

Why he would have Ak46 and Cammy out there at the end of the 3rd period was beyond me. why you woudn't have had some defensive players with Pleks is inexcusable. You need to adjust to the situation and the "experienced" Martin seems incapable of adapting to situations in the game - this isn't just tonight, it has been an issue all year.

Lastly, Ruff was ALL OVER the officials when they called 4 straight penalties on the habs. While not another penalty was called on the sabres again - despite some very obvious infractions (slash on hammer), the habs got 6 straight penalties. All Martin did was play the mute.

That says so much. I didn't get it before they tied it and I still don't. I hope he learned something, but doubt it.

That says so much. I didn't get it before they tied it and I still don't. I hope he learned something, but doubt it.

I bet the one time Martin WILL get pissed of about it he will go southeuropean soccercoach on the ref and get banned to the standings for 10 games.

This is his MO.

The Sens played the Leafs 4 times in the playoffs with the more talent 3 times, yet the Leafs won EVERY SINGLE TIME. Martin would watch the Leafs implement the same game plan year after year, yet never adjust. He would sit and watch like an observer then give the same uninspired post game remarks every night.

I sit an wait patiently for the Guy Boucher era to begin.

What can you do, this is why i keep saying until this team gets legitimate 3rd and 4th liners this team will tire at the end. Having MAB as a forward kills the ability to have 4 lines rolling over which is exactly i beileive why they started rolling for a while. You want your checkers otu there the last few minutes, Moen, even Lapierre, Moore, SK all needed to be out there doing those things.

The top 2 lines get gassed.

Price was excellent.

Offense really struggling down the stretch, 4 goals in the last 3 games, not good enough for the playoffs.

They need 2 points tonight and Minnesota, Toronto and the Devils to all win.

I am very interested to see how they respond tonight, I know what the old habs teams would have done.

This is his MO.

The Sens played the Leafs 4 times in the playoffs with the more talent 3 times, yet the Leafs won EVERY SINGLE TIME. Martin would watch the Leafs implement the same game plan year after year, yet never adjust. He would sit and watch like an observer then give the same uninspired post game remarks every night.

+1

My bet is that if he would have put defensive checkers on the ice, people would be criticizing JM for not putting his offensive guys out to try and get the play to the other end of the ice.

gotta hang on to that 6th spot.

:blink:

Unforunately 6th seed is probably the worst matchup the Habs could have. I guess you didnt hear when the announcers said that Miller has the best stats against the Habs than any goalie in the last 30 years.

My bet is that if he would have put defensive checkers on the ice, people would be criticizing JM for not putting his offensive guys out to try and get the play to the other end of the ice.

Habs played an excellent game. Ship happens.

Go habs GO and keep playing the way you have. great game Price. I hope they start you in recognition of an excellent game.

Unforunately 6th seed is probably the worst matchup the Habs could have. I guess you didnt hear when the announcers said that Miller has the best stats against the Habs than any goalie in the last 30 years.

They're due for a good stretch sooner or later, right? :lol:

LOL. Ya I saw that later. That's crazy.

Our recipe for .5 took a hit last night. I wish they had gotten both points because of nothing earned versus the Sens. Two points versus Florida will be sweet. It'll right the wavering ship. Atlanta can get a maximum 93 points now. Hopefully the Leafs can sting them tonight. Then their max possible output will be 91. That'll put us in striking distance.

Still, a point is not frowned upon IMO.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

This is his MO.

This is exactly why I hated the Martin signing last june. Every year inferior leafs teams would roll over the sens. Unless you are getting a young coach why would you hire a coach who has never had playoff success.