Devils @ Habs GDT: March 27th, 2010

bar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacek and hammer together is like kryptonite to a power play. The move it slow, they take too long to shoot, and they don't make crisp passes...

And AK is still frustrating me. He hold on to the puck way too long, then never fails to make a bad pass to give the puck away. Sheesh.

I know they usually work the dump and chase on the PP, but it's Brodeur back there...the best puck handling goalie ever...dump it in the corner, don't let him touch it. The USA showed everyone the blue print on how to handle him, by dumping it to his forehand.

wow... the PP has gone into the crapper lately.

They're disorganized... As much as I wanted Pouliot on the PP when he was hot, as much as I'd want SKost in his place now.

So true brobin about Spacek and Hamrlik. I can like with Spacek because he can move the puck quickly, but Hammer is slow all around and gets caught flat-footed way too often.

Again, another case of Martin not making the most of what he has to work with. You've got a smart offensive player like Sergei Kostitsyn who's hot and our PP is cold as ice. Take Hammer out, put SKost in. I wouldnt put SKost at the point, but Plekanec. Cammy on the left, AKost in the slot, SKost on the right.

But noooooo. That's way too "avant-garde" for Martin...

And AK is still frustrating me. He hold on to the puck way too long, then never fails to make a bad pass to give the puck away. Sheesh.

I think it's fair to say that I've always been a supporter of AK46...but watching him play tonight is soo frustrating. Too many mistakes, and it's not like they are rookie mistakes...they are mistakes caused by his laziness on the ice! Which is unacceptable, especially in a game against the fvc.king devils.

I know he scored two goals the oither night, but he is a player that'll score a few goals over a 5 game strwetch, then he won't do anything for the next 15 games (remids me of Kovalev)

Wake the fv.ck up AK46

Down a goal to Marty and the Devils after one. Somehow I don't like our chances tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

Neither do I. The first goal against the Devils is crucial!

Game Over!

I think it's fair to say that I've always been a supporter of AK46...but watching him play tonight is soo frustrating. Too many mistakes, and it's not like they are rookie mistakes...they are mistakes caused by his laziness on the ice! Which is unacceptable, especially in a game against the fvc.king devils.

I know he scored two goals the oither night, but he is a player that'll score a few goals over a 5 game strwetch, then he won't do anything for the next 15 games (remids me of Kovalev)

Wake the fv.ck up AK46

Speaking of Andrei... I feel like he slowed down significantly over the years. I dont know if he'd been told to bulk up and it hampered his speed, but he seems to have an awful lot of trouble accelerating and following Plekanec.

Next summer I'd tell him to go through the same speed skating program Lats had 2 summers ago. AK needs to be speedier to get in shooting position.

Game is getting weird now. The Zubrus goal was a mess. Looks like he passed in front of Halak (6-3 vs 5-10) just when the shot was released and Jaro guessed it was high when it ended up at his feet. Then the Plex goal was as lucky as you can get. AK sends it through a bunch of legs and it finds Plex's skate just at the right angle to be deflected in.

Entertaining game!

Sorry guys...I'm at fault for this loss. See, when ever I have people over to watch the game on saturday night the habs lose. They were here for the UFC ppv, I told them not to get here til 10 minutes before it started...they showed up as the Devils scored that second goal. I will try to do better :(