Should we re-sign Metropolit?

A different player than Akost would be fine with me. Could Pac be ready for such a role next year after his AHL seasoning?

I don't think Pacioretty is ready; heck, he's had more injuries (3) than goals (2) since his demotion. He's playing fairly well, but he's not a scorer there either.

On the topic itself, if Metropolit would take a pay cut to stay, then perhaps you try and find a spot for him. He's aging, getting slower, and no one expects him to repeat this year's numbers so it's hard to justify even the $1M he's making now. Turned out to be a pretty good pickup considering what he cost (nothing), but it's probably time to move on after this season.

On the topic itself, if Metropolit would take a pay cut to stay, then perhaps you try and find a spot for him. He's aging, getting slower, and no one expects him to repeat this year's numbers so it's hard to justify even the $1M he's making now. Turned out to be a pretty good pickup considering what he cost (nothing), but it's probably time to move on after this season.

Exactly how I feel. And if we do sign him at reduced rate, I hope it's only for a year.