Carolina @ Montreal GDT: March 31st, 2010

Psycing

and just like Buffalo.. we outplay the crap out of everyone but their goalie, but the other team buries a couple on a few chances...

we have to catch a break at some point, but I don't feel optimistic about it... all those easy games we didn't show up for might come back to haunt us...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone who speaks better french than me help me out? I hear this a lot on RDS, it sounds like "rater justice". Miss justice? Can someone translate for me? Thanks

He is saying raté de justesse which basically means he barely missed!

Aren't we supposed to be on the PP here? Then how come the canes just got two partial break-aways in less than 30 seconds!

The boys are choking under the pressure!

Greatly appreciated!

no problem! ;)

Well, to be fair, its not hard to outwork a team in the 3rd when you let your goalie play the first 40 minutes, but Montreal has to dig deeper right now. They are panicking ... I would have called a timeout and settled them down....

Canes are sitting pretty now.. no way they deserve this lead, but now they know they just have to play hard for 15 minutes and the steal this...

Ward 1, Habs 0...

When you are in a race for a spot, you run the danger of running into hot goalies and loose teams that are out of it... here we go down to the wire and the team lacking confidence...

Gionta's gotta bury that.

That was nice of the crowd to boo Price when he was announced as the Third Star.

Yeh, it was his fault they lost. Cripes.

Price was solid. Our slow right side on defense is so easy to exploit. Has anyone noticed that (sorry Kozed, I know you hate him, but you are wrong) the only time we can control the puck on the right side is when Gorges is out there. I can't wait to see this team with some faster defensemen.

bunch of fvc.king chokers! Yeah, they had 35 shots on net, but not many dangerous ones! There is no excuse for this loss!

They don't deserve to make the playoffs!

Gionta's gotta bury that.

That was nice of the crowd to boo Price when he was announced as the Third Star.

Bunch of Morons. No way was this loss Carey's fault! I'm totally disgusted by this performance!

Price was solid. Our slow right side on defense is so easy to exploit. Has anyone noticed that (sorry Kozed, I know you hate him, but you are wrong) the only time we can control the puck on the right side is when Gorges is out there. I can't wait to see this team with some faster defensemen.

PK can't be ready soon enough.

You got me wrong. Maybe my position is too subtle in this black and white universe of Habs fandom. I dont hate Gorges, I just dont like Gorges. I can't stand him when he's pushed to the top 2 lines, but I can stand him when he's playing within his limits on the 3rd pair with limited minutes, because that's the only time he's effective.

Let me put it another way...

--------------------------- (10 = Worship as a God)

Maurice Richard

--------------------------- (9 = History-defining, Shapers of Memories)

Mario Lemieux

Patrick Roy

Raymond Bourque

--------------------------- (8 = I'd want him on my team at any cost)

Alexander Ovechkin

--------------------------- (7 = Love him )

Zach Parise

--------------------------- (6 = Like him)

Tomas Plekanec

Mats Naslund

--------------------------- (5 = Utter indifference)

Peter Popovic

Josh Gorges*

--------------------------- (4 = Annoys me)

Karl Dykhuis

Josh Gorges**

--------------------------- (3 = Hate him)

Mikhail Grabovski

--------------------------- (2 = Makes my blood boil whenever he steps on the ice)

Milan Lucic

--------------------------- (1 = Would prefer to poke my eyes out than watch him play)

Jim Campbell

Robert Dirk

--------------------------- (0 = Would run him over if I saw him walk down the street... several times)

Sean Avery

* = as a 5th or 6th D

** = as a top 4 D

Poor Price and now the Habs will be lucky to squeak in to the playoffs. Giving him some support would be a nice thing!!!

I'm getting the feeling the Habs D dont like Price. Every time Price starts, there's always one or two goals that only get in because it deflects off a Habs D or something. Tonight it was Hamrlik.

and the Canes are taking every opportunity to run, hit, fall into Price...

We need to get in Ward's kitchen... we need him to be looking up afraid he is going to get hit.. take the focus away...

Teams have been doing this to the habs for I can't even remember how long, yet the habs never respond and take run at the other team's goalies.

Ward was good tonight, made some amazing saves, but other times the habs made him look good, by not driving hard to the net. It also hurts that the habs lack finish to bury chances that should go in.

Bah on the poor Price.. he played fine and the team came out hot, they just didn't win. People shouldn't judge goalies on wins and losses, those are team stats. Even more, there are two teams in every contest. Sometimes the other team sucks and you get an easy win. That doesn't make you Patrick Roy anymore then losing 2-1 on a night your team can't score makes you red light racicot. :) Price will be fine, he knows he did well.

This is a classic case of running into a hot goalie and a team out of the playoffs. The boys are gripping the sticks way too tight, but if not for Ward they would have had several goals early and the Canes would have packed it in for the night. Instead, they came out in the third realizing that Ward gave them a chance to steal. We have won plenty of games the same way.

Edited by brobin