Anyone has enough time on his hands to do this?

alexstream

I want to know how many goals per game the Habs score when :

Halak is in goals

Price is in goals

I'm pretty sure it's a revealing stats. Today, the only thing they said in lapresse was that in 24 of 41 games Price backstopped, they scored 2 or less. but the Goals for average, I want to know.

Our goal for average is 2.66, so I would say that it's like 3 goals average for Halak and 2.3 for Carey.

Yes I am biased, but I also sincerely think that it's something close to that. We've always lost x-2 or x-1 with Carey in goals, while we have occasionally won 5-4 or 4-3 with Halak in goals.

+++

they win stats is extremely different, but not their GAA or their sv% which raises question marks...

So if you have time to compute all of that, that'd be cool.

Really? Maybe you should look at the numbers.

Price has played 24 games in which the Canadiens scored 2 goals or less.

In those 24 games Price has a .918 SV% and is 3-19-2 in those games.

Halak has played 14 games in which the Canadiens scored 2 goals or less.

In those 14 games Halak has a .898 SV% and is 2-10-2 in those games.

So have both goalies equally seen "that crap"? What would Halak's record be if he had faced 10

extra games of that goal support? I guess it wouldn't affect their win totals at all.

Halak's record with 3 or more goals of support? 22-2-1

Price's record with 3 or more goals of support? 10-1-3

"Same crap"? Halak's goal support is 3.09 goals per game.

Price's goal support? 2.39 goals per game.

So on average Halak gets 3 goals a game, a support level that has both goalies at a +.800 winning percentage.

This has ZERO correlation to his win totals, right?

Once again, NOT the "same crap".

Price has played a tougher schedule. It is reality. Take a look at the schedule.

I have crunched the numbers, feel free to take the time to do it yourself.

I guess facing the Capitals 4 times is not more difficult than facing the Panthers 4 times?

Seeing as league wide goaltenders have a .883 SV% against the Caps and .912 against the Panthers

that it has ZERO impact. I guess 3 games against the Leafs and their .921 SV% has zero effect?

The strongest team Halak has faced is the Devils, the high scoring Devils who come in a .913.

Put your head in the sand, it is ignorant to dismiss those numbers. What would Price's record be if his goal support

was at the same level as Halak? What would Halak's be in reverse?

That is why the comment was made, that is why I agreed. Games like tonight have happened to him all season. Strange goals,

lack of offensive support etc. Halak, as much as you would like to submit that he has had the same problems, is poorly researched

and disingenuous, he hasn't.

the goalies are not the problem...its the fans.....As a habs fan iam getting sick and tried of how we are treating price and showing every ufa how we treat the players on the team...it was the same with koivu......Iam not from montreal but what i have come to learn is 90% of fan out side of montreal thinks price is the real deal and just need a couple of years...But every time i watch a game price is being booed...I dont get it...

Every goalie as bad games roberto luongo let in 8 last night and most fans in montreal would love to have him..price let in 2 and the world ends..as a habs fan i feel shame...I become the joke at the office thanks to these boo birds...THEY ARE HURTING THE TEAM AND OTHER FANS IN CANADA..I watch for years how fans cut up koivu and ran other great players out of town and then have to listen to the same fans blame the gm for moving them...

So iam asking habs fan to come together and support the player that wear the :hlogo: ...

the goalies are not the problem...its the fans.....As a habs fan iam getting sick and tried of how we are treating price and showing every ufa how we treat the players on the team...it was the same with koivu......Iam not from montreal but what i have come to learn is 90% of fan out side of montreal thinks price is the real deal and just need a couple of years...But every time i watch a game price is being booed...I dont get it...

Every goalie as bad games roberto luongo let in 8 last night and most fans in montreal would love to have him..price let in 2 and the world ends..as a habs fan i feel shame...I become the joke at the office thanks to these boo birds...THEY ARE HURTING THE TEAM AND OTHER FANS IN CANADA..I watch for years how fans cut up koivu and ran other great players out of town and then have to listen to the same fans blame the gm for moving them...

So iam asking habs fan to come together and support the player that wear the :hlogo: ...

Couldn't agree more. I can't find the video, but last night Sports Net ran an interview with Hal Gill where he called out the fans and told them to stop being so ignorant.

Here is a pretty good article on it form the Gazette: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hock...5661/story.html

love them referring to the Bell centre faithful as "a sodden band of morons".

Also back to the OPs original question, it mentions that the Habs have scored more than 2 goals in only 4 of Carey's 25 losses

Edited by JacksonJ

Halak 114 goals for in 40 appearances = 2.85 GFPG on average

Price 99 goals for in 41 appearances = 2.41 GFPG on average

So I guess if Halak has any goals for tonight he will increase the lead and be even in game appearances.

Lou would get booed here fast enough. We expect our goalies to score hat tricks.

Also back to the OPs original question, it mentions that the Habs have scored more than 2 goals in only 4 of Carey's 25 losses

WOW even more telling.

so in 5 of those games, he didn't have to be "heroic" (cause a 2.00 gaa is heroic, one game in which there is 2 gaa is normal to have, but constantly? no, it's elite stats) in order to give his team a chance.

Halak 114 goals for in 40 appearances = 2.85 GFPG on average

Price 99 goals for in 41 appearances = 2.41 GFPG on average

So I guess if Halak has any goals for tonight he will increase the lead and be even in game appearances.

nice one too. man, I'm pretty sure those "booing morons" are not very strong in maths...

I know that Price could improve his 2.7x GAA... but to expect him to win when the team just scores 2.41 in front of him?