Habs to play Washington

BCHabnut

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: I am afraid. We have played Washington well this year though.

I wanted Washington in the 1st round

And yes, we have played them well this season, despite all the injuries

I like our chances :clap:

Undoubtedly my favo-rite team will pull off the major upset and eliminate my favo-rite player in the first round, then will proceed to get swept in the 2nd round.

At least it means probably at least 3 of the Habs games will be on TV, maybe even NBC.

Edited by Fanpuck33

We actually have a positive record this year against the Caps: 2-1-1

Fri, Nov 20 W 3 - 2

Sat, Nov 28 OTL 3 - 4

Tue, Jan 5 L 2 - 4

Wed, Feb 10 W 6 - 5

5 pts in 8 games. 14GF 15GA

We actually have a positive record this year against the Caps: 2-1-1

Fri, Nov 20 W 3 - 2

Sat, Nov 28 OTL 3 - 4

Tue, Jan 5 L 2 - 4

Wed, Feb 10 W 6 - 5

5 pts in 8 games. 14GF 15GA

Not to mention that game we almost won at home (Wash tied it in the last seconds)

Buffalo = Ryan Miller

New Jersey = Brodeur

Washington = Varlamov or... "giggle" Jose Theodore.. Just think how embarasing it would be if Theo played like 2002 and just nuked us out of the playoffs?

My choice would still be Washington and them we got. Against Miller or Brodeur our 15-25 shots/game wouldnt be enough.

Edited by Dalhabs

They may have lost to Jersey, but it would have gone down to the wire every single night.

This will be a much more entertaining series and I GUARANTEE by the end of the series the majority of people on this board will hate Ovechkin.

Buffalo = Ryan Miller

New Jersey = Brodeur

Washington = Varlamov or... "giggle" Jose Theodore.. Just think how embarasing it would be if Theo played like 2002 and just nuked us out of the playoffs?

That would require the Habs to outshoot the Caps 35-21 every game. Not going to happen.

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

thomas fleishmann would but 3rd in team pts scoring if he was a Habs...he's the 7th pts leader and a 3rd liner with the Caps.. that's scary.. if it was only ovechkin, but their 2nd and 3rd offensive wave are pretty good

So... when does the game go? Wed or Thurs?

thursday according to Dave Stubbs..http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/32665

Habs had a day off today and will have a practice tomorrow morning

I think this is win win for us..I been calling for this match up for the last couple of weeks and i really think we got a shot..

If we win that is great we beat the best team in the east..IF we lose no big deal most people said we wouldnt make the playoffs so to lose to the best team in the east then no big trash talk from leafs fans..lol

but really i think washington is the most over rated team in the east..they play in the Southeast div, which is the worst in the east with Atlanta,Carolina,Tampa Bay and Florida....so most of their games are played against non-playoff teams...easyer for the players and team to get pts..

I really think we got a shot..

I would really like it to be thursday and saturday instead of wednesday and friday cuz I'd miss both games shit !

My gut tells me to watch for a Sunday afternoon game since NBC shows a lot of Washington games.

Hm. I might change my mind on watching a game or two. Not to see the 'who knows who will come out to play tonight' Habs, but Ovechkin. His passion is what we used to have a couple of decades ago.

(Long live Carbo, Gainey and Nilan. One of the best lines ever.)

Here's hoping we see some dynamite hockey from the best player in the game.

The regular season record doesn't mean squat. Just remember our nail-biting playoff against the Bruins two playoffs ago! :angry: It's a better matchup for us than Jersey, but probably the worst possible alternative to Jersey.

The advantage, as others have said, is that the Habs are at their best against skating clubs with defensive holes. We do have an outside chance.

The result will be a hugely entertaining series, and though I anticipate the usual blaming and anger and resentment toward the Canadiens after we lose, I'm going to make a point of appreciating the sheer hockey spectacle these two clubs are liable to put on.

And it'll be fun to see Theo, who I always liked :hlogo:

Price would be my choice in net. Unfortunately we will have to go with Halak.

The rational mind says Washington in 5. Maybe 6. But the Habs will acquit themselves impressively within that context. :hlogo:

You're right, they even noted that during today's game. Revised prediction: Expect an afternoon weekend game in Washington. :)

I'd be pissed off if the game was not saturday at 7h00pm.