Habs to play Washington

BCHabnut

Buffalo = Ryan Miller

New Jersey = Brodeur

Washington = Varlamov or... "giggle" Jose Theodore.. Just think how embarasing it would be if Theo played like 2002 and just nuked us out of the playoffs?

My choice would still be Washington and them we got. Against Miller or Brodeur our 15-25 shots/game wouldnt be enough.

Jose Theodore:

Season: Games 47 · W-L-OTL 30-7-7 · SO 1 · SV% .911 · GAA 2.81

And you want to play WASH why exactly?!? This will be short and painful, like ripping a band-aid off (see last year).

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Theodore:

Season: Games 47 · W-L-OTL 30-7-7 · SO 1 · SV% .911 · GAA 2.81

And you want to play WASH why exactly?!? This will be short and painful, like ripping a band-aid off (see last year).

Theo's 19wins 27loss playoff record would be a good reason to want to play against him. The fact we matched up very well to the Caps all season would be a reason to want to play them. Ovie won the Presidents and tied for the Rocket. Maybe, being Russian he feels he has won enough, what is stanleys cup anyway? Not sure on that one though so being a true Canadian hockey fan I say somebody go out there in game one, 1st period and break that damn Ruskies ankle! Right Espo?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I'd be more worried about Halak, he stunk it up down the stretch.

The habs Defense is probably too slow to shut down Washington over a 4 game stretch, it will be up to the forwards and the PP to score some goals.

I also believe that this is a huge series for Pleks and Halak, to see how they perform under pressure and if they will be back next year.

So i'm hopefull they won't be embarrassed in 4 straight.

They had a 0% chance againist the Devils, it moves up slightly against Washington, maybe 5% chance to win a series.

They had a 0% chance againist the Devils, it moves up slightly against Washington, maybe 5% chance to win a series.

That's exactly how I feel.

I also believe that this is a huge series for Pleks and Halak, to see how they perform under pressure and if they will be back next year.

I'm pretty sure they'll both be back next year, but Plex's contract will depend on how well he performs during this series.

I don't know about Halak, my belief is they need to move a goalie to get a top 6 forward with size. Obviously Philly comes to mind. JVR or Hartnell would be really nice on the LW with Cammi.

I think they'll keep Price.

If Pleks vanishes again, some other team will still offer him big bucks.

I don't know about Halak, my belief is they need to move a goalie to get a top 6 forward with size. Obviously Philly comes to mind. JVR or Hartnell would be really nice on the LW with Cammi.

Alot will depend on how we do in the playoffs, and also how the Flyers do. IF the Flyers get taken out in the first round, and goaltending is the reason why, maybe then Holmgren will be willing to trade JVR for Halak(I don't think Hartnell is worth Halak).

If Pleks vanishes again, some other team will still offer him big bucks.

Not if we can sign him before July 1st.

Most reporters in Montreal agree that the deal is done, it's just a question of dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's".

Thursday evening. I have nothing going on. I may even catch a few moments; be nice to see a little more of the Vech. Also curious to see how Martin attacks this game. (Not really. See: defensive shell.)

I dont know why so many habs FANS are sad...WE IN ARE IN THE MOTHER F**K PLAY OFFS....ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN...

I KNOW GM HERE WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT ABOUT THE WAY THEY THINK THE TEAM IS...BUT THE TRUTH IS WE ARE IN..WE BEAT OUT ALOT OF TEAM TO GET IN AND AS A HABS FAN I PUMP....

SO ITS TIME TO GET OVER YOUR SELF AND START CHEERING FOR THIS TEAM....THEY BUST THERE BALLS TO MAKE IT IN..

SHOW A LITTLE PRIDE...

GO HABS GO....

Edited by KEEP26

Washington is one of the 3 east teams I hoped to face so I am not upset. I feel we can upset them is the cards fall in the right order. We will need luck ion our side, only to the extent of the bounces going our way. Also we had better not get crap officiating. I hate the fact that there still seems to be some bias refs in the mix.

Upset the Caps in 6

Then have the other 3 lines play NJ like Gomez and Gionta do. They had so many chances in the last meeting. Fast rushes, pass shots for the tip, none connected but that is how to play them. We could crack them and win the 2nd, then Sabres who most of us agree we could beat and then the west......oops...

I know I am hoping for some goddly intervention or the like, but it is playoffs, we are in, anything can happen so let me dream of cups, which I did last night.... Dreamnt for some reason I was putting on my goailie gear for a game, first time in 12 years, had it all but no cup, trying to decide if I should play without the cup as I really want to, but was I nuts? Then I woke up before i decided. Hey a cup dream means something doesn't it? Oh, maybe that I am dreaming if I think there is a chaance of it happening this year? We shall see.

GO HABS GO

As of now we are dead even with everyone of the 16 teams left in all stats.

It is a new season, we have vets that have won cups and we are more or less healthy.

16 wins to a parade.

"Happy to be at the dance even if our date is ugly!"

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

HAHAHA seen on Facebook.

One of my friends status : Montreal in 7. The wg by O'Byrne in OT.

One of his friends comment : Washington in 7. The wg by O'Byrne in OT.

I tried hard to believe in this team, but the last 10 games reminded me that they are still far too inconsistent to make waves in the playoffs. I love the habs, so I hope the win the cup every year, but they have broken my heart far too often for me to "predict it". :)

At this point, I hope we win some games and that Halak, Plex and the Gomez line show that they can do it in the playoffs. I want to see some progress this year. I dont' want to see embarrassing efforts, shitty goaltending, or blowouts.

I'll take the fanatic side of the coin Habs in 6. All games are over combined 5 goals a game, everyone is excited (even Colin!), and Brobin starts to believe (a little!).

Haha...would love for Ovie to get rocked early in the series and disappear like he's prone to do!

Plekanek should have performed once in a playoff game before challenging opponent goalie.

If he and his wingers cannot score Theo or Varlamov he will still be a laughing stock again

for his playoffs performance.

He will be a marked player, Caps players will have an eye on him. Should have shut up.

Plekanek should have performed once in a playoff game before challenging opponent goalie.

If he and his wingers cannot score Theo or Varlamov he will still be a laughing stock again

for his playoffs performance.

He will be a marked player, Caps players will have an eye on him. Should have shut up.

What did Plex say? Source (with link) please!

«Ce n'est pas comme si on affrontait Brodeur ou Miller», estime Plekanec

PLex basically said: "It's not like we're going up against Brodeur or Miller."

This might come back to bite him in the butt!

You know, I'm starting to hate the Caps already. Because of all the stats in favor of Washington I keep hearing left and right. I'm sick of it already.

So the Caps are the best thing since sliced bread? Good. Just gonna make it even more fun when we upset them. Because we will upset them. I said they were the best matchup we could hope for and we got them. We're gonna expose their shoddy defensemen and shaky goalies.

If I was Martin, I'd try to have our 3rd and 4th lines against Ovie's line, and ask for the RW (Moen on the 3rd, Laps on the 4th) to stick to Ovie like misery on poor people. Harass him, hit him, frustrate him, suffocate him.

You know, I'm starting to hate the Caps already. Because of all the stats in favor of Washington I keep hearing left and right. I'm sick of it already.

So the Caps are the best thing since sliced bread? Good. Just gonna make it even more fun when we upset them. Because we will upset them. I said they were the best matchup we could hope for and we got them. We're gonna expose their shoddy defensemen and shaky goalies.

If I was Martin, I'd try to have our 3rd and 4th lines against Ovie's line, and ask for the RW (Moen on the 3rd, Laps on the 4th) to stick to Ovie like misery on poor people. Harass him, hit him, frustrate him, suffocate him.

Very refreshing to here some positivity. Very well said. :clap:

PLex basically said: "It's not like we're going up against Brodeur or Miller."

This might come back to bite him in the butt!

Mmmmph... I dont like it, but it's not too bad. The Caps have been glorified enough by everyone and their dog. It's not like Plex went out and said "We've found the weakness in Patrick Roy!" ;)

Very refreshing to here some positivity. Very well said. :clap:

So people would have you believe that criticizing or second guessing the Habs makes you a traitor and a closet Habs fan... As the French proverb goes: "Who loves well, castigates well". I've bitched about a great many things wrong with the Habs this season, but I'm still bleeding bleu, blanc, rouge.

The Caps can all die and burn in the depths of Hell for eternity. I'll even provide the fuel and lighter.

At least Plekanec doesn't show his "little girl in playoffs" attitude. Which is a better advantage for us compared to the possible advantage of Theo raising his play per his comment.

Mmmmph... I dont like it, but it's not too bad. The Caps have been glorified enough by everyone and their dog. It's not like Plex went out and said "We've found the weakness in Patrick Roy!" ;)

Well Boudreau answered to Plex:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...rs-gardiens.php

"I'd take Jose's number before their goalie's"

All in a sudden this series' become all about Theo. Interesting.

We actually match up pretty well against the Caps.

I think what we need to do to be successful is get the right lines on the ice at the right time. Get Pleks line out with Markov against Ovie, and get Gomez and Gionta on when Washington's 2nd line is on there...

I expect BIG things from a few people who have had rough seasons... and yes, one of them is lapierre. I think the big difference will be our 3rd line though... Moore, Moen, and Kostitsyn will be great!

Wild stat too.. Out of all the current Habs, only Gomez has a better PPG avg in the playoffs then S. Kostitsyn. Great sleeper pick in pools folks!

So people would have you believe that criticizing or second guessing the Habs makes you a traitor and a closet Habs fan... As the French proverb goes: "Who loves well, castigates well". I've bitched about a great many things wrong with the Habs this season, but I'm still bleeding bleu, blanc, rouge.

The Caps can all die and burn in the depths of Hell for eternity. I'll even provide the fuel and lighter.

Exactly we've all complained about our own issues with the team from our own respective point of view. Having said that there is nothing I enjoy more then seeing our habs succeed. I just don't like when people claim to be habs fans and yet wish them to lose.