Will Halak choke?

alexstream

Will Halak choke?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Halak choke?

• yes
    • no

Awesome, another goatending thread. Haven't seen any of these all year.

Both goalies will wind up playing in this series but it won't be the reason they lose games.

Yes i agree, Pleks will be the big choker

I don't really think the word "choke" can really apply in this case. ALL the experts agree that the habs have virtually NO chance of beating the Caps. Our boys should be pretty loose out there, which we all know usually ends up in some pretty damn good hockey!

As long as we don't lose 4 straight games by the score of 6-1, I don't think we are in any position to choke!

Edited by Habsfan

I don't really think the word "choke" can really apply in this case. ALL the experts agree that the habs have virtually NO chance of beating the Caps. Our boys should be pretty lose out there, which we all know usually ends up in some pretty damn good hockey!

As long as we don't lose 4 straight games by the score of 6-1, I don't think we are in any position to choke!

No chance? Really? Most 'experts' say Washington in 6, which means, we win 2 games...no chance would be a sweep. I love the 'experts' though, cause what they say, the opposite happens.... Habs in '09, Bruins this year.

The same experts said we wouldnt make the playoffs..I learn their no experts when it comes to sports just a lot of fat know its alls sitting around talking statistics..

GO HABS GO...... :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

He just motivated theo... great :|

I don't buy that, Theo was plenty motivated anyway. He would love nothing more than to knock the Habs out. If anything Pleks may have planted a little seed of doubt into Theo's mind. Especially if he gives up a weak goal or two in game one.

Everyone already knew the only edge the Habs had in this series was in goal. Pleks was just the first one who had the guts to say it.

Why is everyone dissing Plex (I'm ignoring the goaltending non-issues on our part)? There's a fragile, heir-endowed goalie on the other team and Plex is getting in his head. I think it'd be priceless if a Canadien or a fan (hint hint) sent Theo a bottle of Propecia.

my choke meter :

total choke (as in, what are they doing there):

kost, pouliot

regular choke (as in, i wanted more from them, they were there, but didn't seem to do anything):

halak, plekanec

choke-overwhelmed (as in, they're too old, slow, fringe, etc)

ma berge (fringe), hamrlik(slow), spacek(wtf?), cammalleri (maybe, just maybe he's still injured / has his weird cold -> cold is re: tweeter)

surprises (as in, we didn't expect anything from them, but they will be key players)

the price, lapierre, gill, moen

expected showing up :

markov, gionta, gomez (well i expect it, maybe there are still some non believer), gorges

MVPs :

Gionta, Markov, the Price.

No chance? Really? Most 'experts' say Washington in 6, which means, we win 2 games...no chance would be a sweep. I love the 'experts' though, cause what they say, the opposite happens.... Habs in '09, Bruins this year.

I guess it depends who you listened to. On TSN they predicted the Caps in 5 games.

I guess it depends who you listened to. On TSN they predicted the Caps in 5 games.

Yeah, leading up to this, I heard experts say that montreal had the best shot to advance...but then everyone seemed to forget the regular season series numbers and went with the favourite.

depends how the Caps play it. Halak's weakness is screened shots. If the Caps put guys in front of Jaro and take just about any kind of shots from the point and the Habs skaters dont block too many of them and we're in trouble.

depends how the Caps play it. Halak's weakness is screened shots. If the Caps put guys in front of Jaro and take just about any kind of shots from the point and the Habs skaters dont block too many of them and we're in trouble.

Aka Thomas Fleishmann.

Poor Pleks who has done such an excellent job for us.

I don't think he meant anything too provocative in the comment , but was looking for a bit of light in the darkness of playing Washington.

And who knows but that he hasn't planted a tiny little itsy bitsy teensy weeny spec, mote, scintilla, sliver hair trace ...of a doubt in Jose.

Let's cut him some slack. Its a good and valid point.

NO..

;)

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips