Habs @ Washington: GAME 2

bar

I don't have the same feeling as some that the Caps are born again..they were one missed called from being down 2-0, I mean..this is still the team that cannot defend, they won when our goaltending was crappy. That's the simple story..they're on their second goalie..they have no gear to go to next, the habs on the other hand, had terrible goaltending and took them to overtime.

The caps if anything have false confidence.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the same feeling as some that the Caps are born again..
I hear what your saying. You're right. Halak was awesome stopping crease crashing except for the Ovechkin tip in. Halak was amazing but there was also some he should have had. He was not sharp on high and low slot chances on the goals. It was uncharacteristic and I can see a strong possibility that Halak will bounce back. Varlamov let in 3 goals. He looked sharper than I thought he'd be but there was some rust on his game too IMO.

We have a good situation. I'm moreso concerned that the Capitals come together and gel on based on the OT victory in game 2 - that they're on a high and will bring that high into Montreal. It's nice to have a 1-1 lead coming back home but I don't think the Caps care about the odds and the opinions. They might just be on a delusional mindset. But sometimes being delusional can also be called "fake it until you make it". Fake or not - a cause is a cause.

It's just the way it unfolded and where we sit at this moment and how they may have come together.

GO HABS GO

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I hear what your saying. You're right. Halak was awesome stopping crease crashing except for the Ovechkin tip in. Halak was amazing but there was also some he should have had. He was not sharp on high and low slot chances on the goals. It was uncharacteristic and I can see a strong possibility that Halak will bounce back. Varlamov let in 3 goals. He looked sharper than I thought he'd be but there was some rust on his game too IMO.

We have a good situation. I'm moreso concerned that the Capitals come together and gel on based on the OT victory in game 2 - that they're on a high and will bring that high into Montreal. It's nice to have a 1-1 lead coming back home but I don't think the Caps care about the odds and the opinions. They might just be on a delusional mindset. But sometimes being delusional can also be called "fake it until you make it". Fake or not - a cause is a cause.

It's just the way it unfolded and where we sit at this moment and how they may have come together.

GO HABS GO

If Halak had been strong, the series would be 2-0. This isn't condemning or blaming him,

Halak or Price are going to have to be the best player on the ice for the Canadiens or they will not win.

Simple as that.

in the 1st and 3rd period, the montreal bench will be closer to the caps' net.

where as on the road, the bench is only closer in the 2nd period.

Yup, makes for easier changes when heading back to your own zone.

This can't be true... It's the same for both teams... If the Montreal bench is closer to the caps net, then the caps bench is closer to the Montreal net at the same time. The only thing home ice changes is say, whether or not your right wing (just as an example) spends 2 periods further from the bench or not.

This can't be true... It's the same for both teams... If the Montreal bench is closer to the caps net, then the caps bench is closer to the Montreal net at the same time. The only thing home ice changes is say, whether or not your right wing (just as an example) spends 2 periods further from the bench or not.

Yeah, I was under this impression as well. At least in the Bell Centre. Don't know about other buildings in the league though.

Yeah, I was under this impression as well. At least in the Bell Centre. Don't know about other buildings in the league though.

I know, I just hear announcers always talking about how it's an advantage to the home team, I've never quite understood their reasoning. On top of that, it seems to me that the 2nd period makes for the easiest changes. I'd think you would want the bench closer to the defensive zone, but that's just me.

That was a big time choke job. Giving up a 2 goal lead, gaining it back then letting in 2 softies to lose the game. They were a minute away form a 2-0 lead. Kind of reminds me about the Carolina seies a few years back. I guess we'll see if they crumble.

I'm betting Price is glad it wasn't him who gave up 6 goals with 3 pretty soft ones, the fans and media would have burned down his house and ran his family out of town.

What are you guys talking about the benches for? Every team gets the change closest to there D zone twice a game, what do you think there are home teams out there who don't want that.

Maybe he would have came out to challenge the shooter if his defense weren't backing in on him ^_^

Agreed. The last Washington goal was not Halak's fault. Hamrlik is the one to blame! He backed up so much, and made it so easy for Backstrom to use Hamrlik as a screen, Halak never saw the shot coming.

I just hope that if our boys can take another 2 or 3 goal lead against the Caps, they won't back up and play defence. We need to keep the pressure on Washington's weak defence. If we keep giving up the blue line, the Caps will continue to score 5 goals per game!

If there's anything that we can take from the 1st two games of this series is that our boys can compete with the Caps. If we play a more agressive styole, we should be able to come out on top.

Edited by Habsfan

Just in case any of you were interested, I just heard the numbers for the 1st 2 games of this series. Not only was Thursday night's game the highest ratings TSN has ever had for an NHL game (a little over 2 million viewers) Saturday night's game had 2.75 million viewers. If you add the 1.1 million on RDS, taht's a total of 3.85 million viewers for the ahsb Cross country!

Not bad!