Habs @ Washington: GAME 2

bar

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the refs fault, it's not Martin's fault, it's not Halak's fault.

3 days ago if you offered me 5-5 with a 1-0 lead heading into OT I would have taken it.

The Caps are explosive, they did the exact same thing against the Habs 2 months ago.

You don't beat a 1 seed as an 8 with out taking their best shots.

What drives me nuts is that the media narrative is: CAPS OVERCOME THREE GOAL DEFICIT.

Looked at objectively, it should be: SURPRISING HABS FORCE CAPS INTO SECOND STRAIGHT OT.

The Habs' leaders will have to step up in the room, and so will the coaches. Remind them that this is EXACTLY where they'd have loved to be 60 minutes ago. We have the better goalie. And if we score again, we don't have to worry about protecting a lead.

I am ecstatic that we got it into overtime. Now we have a chance to get back to the strong basic game that we played for 40 minutes: high-tempo, heavy puck-support, coolness under fire, don't get flustered by cheap shots and big hits: eyes on the prize.

We've got a great chance here. Let's make it happen les Boys! :hlogo:

The last few years, I've been a glass half empty guy, when it comes to this team. But, I would have taken up 1-0, with the second game going to OT in a second, when the series started.

You can say that again. Hell of a game!

Still. They could have wrapped it up when it was 4-1 or 5-4. I kept saying: no killer instinct on this team, can't smother the opposition and run the clock when they lead. They need to be tied to play well.

What drives me nuts is that the media narrative is: CAPS OVERCOME THREE GOAL DEFICIT.

Looked at objectively, it should be: SURPRISING HABS FORCE CAPS INTO SECOND STRAIGHT OT.

The Habs' leaders will have to step up in the room, and so will the coaches. Remind them that this is EXACTLY where they'd have loved to be 60 minutes ago. We have the better goalie. And if we score again, we don't have to worry about protecting a lead.

I am ecstatic that we got it into overtime. Now we have a chance to get back to the strong basic game that we played for 40 minutes: high-tempo, heavy puck-support, coolness under fire, don't get flustered by cheap shots and big hits: eyes on the prize.

We've got a great chance here. Let's make it happen les Boys! :hlogo:

Yep, the media doesn't report what actually happens, they look to create a story and with the national

media filled with Leaf fans they are going to exert their bias.

This will be sold as "Ovechkin takes over and wins game".

The last few years, I've been a glass half empty guy, when it comes to this team. But, I would have taken up 1-0, with the second game going to OT in a second, when the series started.

Yeah, Wamsley has called it perfectly a couple of posts above. The Habs just need to remember themselves. If they do, they will come out flying, with tons of energy and renewed defensive focus. This is our game to lose as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, Wamsley has called it perfectly a couple of posts above. The Habs just need to remember themselves. If they do, they will come out flying, with tons of energy and renewed defensive focus. This is our game to lose as far as I'm concerned.

The Caps are terrible defensively, they take a lot of chances and if OT goes 10 minutes,

the Habs will have 2-3 good chances to score.

The pressure is on them.

This isn't the refs fault, it's not Martin's fault, it's not Halak's fault.

3 days ago if you offered me 5-5 with a 1-0 lead heading into OT I would have taken it.

The Caps are explosive, they did the exact same thing against the Habs 2 months ago.

You don't beat a 1 seed as an 8 with out taking their best shots.

You're absolutely right.

We have offense too, and our D is better. We're lucky to be here and they're lucky to still be alive,

Caps will have all the emotion behind them to start the OT because they feel like they won the game by coming from behind. So the Habs needs to remain calm and wait. After some time the adrenaline will wear off the kids and the pressure will take over.

Sorry, but I don't buy this "we are lucky to be in OT"

Yes, This is a good result if you looked from before the series, but we had this one in the bag until the refs took the game over. Yes, the caps poured it on, but only because they were allowed to by the refs and the boys sitting back too much in the 3rd. So I find that frustrating.

I sure hope we pull this out in OT so we can forget about it. Ask the Avs what they think about being lucky to be in OT against the sharks.. that game was such a rip they made a formal complain to the league about the reffing...

the playoffs should be about everyone picking up their game.. including the refs.. don't mind letting them play to an extent, but it has to go both ways....

and there it is... we are tied up.. not a horrible result as we got the split.. but we should have been up 2 in this series...

our D are now the ones backing up constantly to let the shooters get into snipe range... Washington is now will all the momentum, instead of playing tight...

credit to Boudreau.. simple coaching change.. put a guy in the crease and start blasting..

Sorry, but I don't buy this "we are lucky to be in OT"

Yes, This is a good result if you looked from before the series, but we had this one in the bag until the refs took the game over. Yes, the caps poured it on, but only because they were allowed to by the refs and the boys sitting back too much in the 3rd. So I find that frustrating.

I sure hope we pull this out in OT so we can forget about it. Ask the Avs what they think about being lucky to be in OT against the sharks.. that game was such a rip they made a formal complain to the league about the reffing...

the playoffs should be about everyone picking up their game.. including the refs.. don't mind letting them play to an extent, but it has to go both ways....

It's playoff hockey, the Capitals scored 6 goals, should we blame that on the refs?

When you score 5 goals, you should win the game.

Do we see Price?? I dont know Halak was brutal tonight.

No. Halak should get Game 3.

Everybody gave him too much credit in game 1, and I am sure he will be blamed tonight.

Why can't everybody accept that the Capitals changed the momentum of that game.

Edited by Wamsley01