Washington @ Habs: GAME 3

bar

canadiens.gif vs. capitals.gif

Habs Lineup:

Forwards:
A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Moen - Moore - Metro(I assume, unless Laps goes here)
Pyatt- Laps - Darche

Defence:
Markov - Bergeron
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Goaltender:
Halak

Caps Lineup:

Forwards:
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Laich - Morrison - Semin
Fleischmann - Steckel - Fehr
Chimera - Belanger - Bradley

Defencemen:
Schultz - Green
Poti - Corvo
Morrisonn - Carlson

Goaltender:
Varlimov

*Based on last game, will update throughout the day, please feel post with updates. Edited by bar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Price gets the start tonight, it'd be different if Halak tried to improve his glove throughout the game, but he was constantly beat at the same spot, and you know the Caps are gonna have a turkey shot on the glove side.

As per Habs IO, Halak will start, Sergei is a "healthy scratch" (although he was listed day-to-day yesterday) and Metro draws back into the lineup.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

I hope Price gets the start tonight, it'd be different if Halak tried to improve his glove throughout the game, but he was constantly beat at the same spot, and you know the Caps are gonna have a turkey shot on the glove side.

Halak should start tonights game. If he stumbles or looks weak, or if the Habs lose and he lets in a couple softies, I would then start Price in Game 4.

Goalies are fragile, you can't pull them in and out of games like you are starting a lawnmower.

Fragile or not...this is the playoffs, neither goalie has earned too much. The caps seemed to have solved Halak, shoot high glove, are you willing to risk that Halak can learn to defend his glove in only 2 days?

The corrective action is on the D to step up and prevent the sniping and Halak to step out a bit more (which means he has to trust his D not to let the guy get around him)(.

I think this is easy for him to correct. Price has had the same problem in the past. It has nothing to do with the glove hand, it has everything to do with coming out more agressively

I assume Halak is on a bit of a short leash tonight, but don't be surprised if he comes up big.

Fragile or not...this is the playoffs, neither goalie has earned too much. The caps seemed to have solved Halak, shoot high glove, are you willing to risk that Halak can learn to defend his glove in only 2 days?
Edited by brobin

The D has been coming out a lot, and blocking A LOT of shots so we cannot throw this on the D, Halak the man has to play a lot bigger. I hope he can do it, he has shown bounce backness before, I kind of wish he answered Ovie in the media, the best goalies are the arrogant (for good or bad) kind.

The D has been coming out a lot, and blocking A LOT of shots so we cannot throw this on the D, Halak the man has to play a lot bigger. I hope he can do it, he has shown bounce backness before, I kind of wish he answered Ovie in the media, the best goalies are the arrogant (for good or bad) kind.

I do not have a great deal of confidence in Halak, I have no specific reason for feeling that way, just do.

Just got tickets for tonight's game :clap: :clap:

Not the cheapest, but it will be my 1st time there during the playoffs

Enjoy man! And if they lose, it's obviously your fault. :P

After the way the media and fanbase has gone after Price's throat this season, I would

only put him in the game when Halak has colossally failed.

This is about the long term growth of this team, you do not sacrifice either Halak/Price.

The Habs aren't winning a Cup and tonight is not do or die.

Halak has earned the trust of the management and his teammates to start Game 3.

If you start Price tonight and the Habs continue their late Game 2 meltdown, the fanbase

will go right for his throat again and take their frustration out on him.

If the Canadiens are smart they will set him up for success, not failure. If Halak is not up to the task

tonight, then the fanbase will do their customary 180 and look to Price to save them. If he cannot,

then they will secede that the goaltending was likely not at fault. If he gets hot at the right time, he

is probably ridiculously deified and finishes a trying season on a high note.

Halak should play as long as he plays well. Simple as that.

Edited by Wamsley01

According to Hindle at Hockeybuzz... it'll be Theo who gets the start tonight for the Caps.

Either way...

GO HABS GO.

Oops.. nevermind it is Varlamov.

Edited by TheDriveFor25

According to Hindle at Hockeybuzz... it'll be Theo who gets the start tonight for the Caps.

Either way...

GO HABS GO.

Oops.. nevermind it is Varlamov.

Of course its gonna be Varlamaov

I dont know why it has been question mark; unloess Boudreau wants to lose his job

The WHOLE TEAM was rattled not just Halak............................blow a 4-1 lead just to get it back and giving up a tying goal late. And it continued into OT all 30 sec of it.

Of course its gonna be Varlamaov

I dont know why it has been question mark; unloess Boudreau wants to lose his job

Really, I'm shocked Theodore won't be back in the net tonight. The first goal was bad luck, that thing was knuckling big time. The second goal the defense just handed to Kosty on a silver platter. The two D practically backed up all the way into the goal. It's not like Varlamov came in and shut the door.

Really, I'm shocked Theodore won't be back in the net tonight. The first goal was bad luck, that thing was knuckling big time. The second goal the defense just handed to Kosty on a silver platter. The two D practically backed up all the way into the goal. It's not like Varlamov came in and shut the door.

I`m not

Last year, they lost their opener vs the Rags, and Varlamov started game 2 (and the rest of their playoff games); he was great

So putting a shaky Theo back, especially in MTL, would have been risky

Edited by rafikz

Half of me want the Habs to win the Stanley Cup, off course.

The other half of me want the Habs to get eliminated ASAP to get rid of this awful and ridiculous playoffs "beard" I "grew".