Washington @ Habs: GAME 3

bar

I've got my own playoff game to play tonight, so, going to miss this one.

I'll be wearing my lucky red Habs' shorts for my game though... I wore them Game 1, and we won... didn't wear them Game 2, we lost. Putting it to the test tonight!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theodore really wanted to get back in to play in Montreal!! Oh well Varlamov is in which i dont think it is a good thing for the Habs.

We all wanted Theo to start ^_^

Half of me want the Habs to win the Stanley Cup, off course.

The other half of me want the Habs to get eliminated ASAP to get rid of this awful and ridiculous playoffs "beard" I "grew".

I'm doing the beard thing too...but I am incapable of growing facial hair...so I end up with the dreaded neck beard!

Half of me want the Habs to win the Stanley Cup, off course.

The other half of me want the Habs to get eliminated ASAP to get rid of this awful and ridiculous playoffs "beard" I "grew".

lol. I'm shaving off the second playoff beard already. I did for Game 1 and it seemed to work. The things I do for our team. :rolleyes:

GO HABS GO!!!

Fragile or not...this is the playoffs, neither goalie has earned too much. The caps seemed to have solved Halak, shoot high glove, are you willing to risk that Halak can learn to defend his glove in only 2 days?

Are YOU willing to risk the series?

Are YOU willing to risk the series?

Not sure the question you're asking me...am I willing to risk the series with Halak? Halak of 20 games ago, I'd have no problems with the third game...but besides the game 1, Halak has not looked good lately.

I am pumped that Metro is back.. I really think that will help us put pressure on them and it should improve our PP (oddly enough).

I also hope they put a target on Ovie. The habs need to start finishing checks better and using their bodies. I realize we are small, but there are enough guys with size to do the job. I am tired of seeing our D hammered into the boards on every dump in, but our guys peel away.

Not sure the question you're asking me...am I willing to risk the series with Halak? Halak of 20 games ago, I'd have no problems with the third game...but besides the game 1, Halak has not looked good lately.

Actually, I meant with Price in net. You're right about Halak in game 2, but i thought he was outstanding in game 1. Any goalie needs protection from the crashing like the Caps did. You may be right though, let's see how he responds tonight and then maybe Price in game 4.

Halak WAS great in game 1...but the caps did not raise the puck..they learned, adapted and got it up...heh thats what she said....on him in the 2nd...and he didn't seem able to cope with it, I hope he bounces back.

I am pumped that Metro is back.. I really think that will help us put pressure on them and it should improve our PP (oddly enough).

I also hope they put a target on Ovie. The habs need to start finishing checks better and using their bodies. I realize we are small, but there are enough guys with size to do the job. I am tired of seeing our D hammered into the boards on every dump in, but our guys peel away.

I'm wondering how JM will use Metro on the PP now that our entire top 6 is healthy. Maybe he moves Gomez back to the point and plays Metro up front with Gio and Pouliot?

Actually, I meant with Price in net. You're right about Halak in game 2, but i thought he was outstanding in game 1. Any goalie needs protection from the crashing like the Caps did. You may be right though, let's see how he responds tonight and then maybe Price in game 4.

Price is quite a bit bigger than Jaro though, so he might handle the crease crashers better. Plus Carey plays his best when he is angry, remember when he got in that fight against St Louis? He was amazing afterwords.

We came away with a 1-1 record on the road against the number 1 seed. Enough about the Halak commentary, I've been watching the same games as all of you and he was not the one responsible for last game's loss. He COULD have had the last one but it was not a TERRIBLY horrific goal. The caps can shoot and some will go in. Take a look at the Phoenix and Detroit series. Both goalies have been getting lit up and yet you don't see the coaches going to their backups. That's not even to mention the Ottawa and Pittsburgh series where arguments could have been made after their respective losses. While Ottawa and Pittsburgh perhaps do not have the luxury of having as good of a backup goalie as we do, Phoenix and Detroit arguably do. Osgood is always shaky in the regular season but has won countless cups... and yet they're still going with Howard. Sometimes goalies get scored on without it being entirely their fault, it's something we'll have to learn to accept. All that being said, I have always been completely neutral on the topic of goaltending, in that I do not have a favourite either way between Price and Halak, but Halak has completely earned being the goalie we live and die during these playoffs. Even if we lose today, I do not necessarily see starting Price next game as a positive. Enough of this debate, it's truly getting old.

As for Metropolit coming back, I agree with brobin in it being extremely good for the team. I just wish he would be playing center instead. He will certainly help out the powerplay though.

Let's go boys!

I haven't been this pumped for a game in a long time. Prediction: if the Habs win tonight, this series will go the distance. If we don't, Caps in 5 I reckon. COME ON!!!

Me too!!!!! I'm pumped, ready to go. That's why the idea fo tanking the season, not making the playoffs, is such garbage. This is the best, we CAN beat these guys.

I`m not

Last year, they lost their opener vs the Rags, and Varlamov started game 2 (and the rest of their playoff games); he was great

So putting a shaky Theo back, especially in MTL, would have been risky

Thing is, Varlamov has not been good since he came back from injury. I think he is a much more risky choice this year, despite having more experience now.

We all wanted Theo to start ^_^

I'm much happier with Varlamov in net.

Wow the crowd's signing the anthems (unless they piped some in over the sound system...)...........If they can't get up and come out HARD/FAST to start this get the hell off the ice! :clap:

Edited by kenadian

how come we lose all the face offs.. but when we win one they blow it down and do it over.. lol

I love how they booooo'd when that happened. Don't see that anywhere else