Time for Price

TheDriveFor25

I love Jaro... he absolutely was the better goalie all season long, and brought us to the playoffs. But the Caps have him solved. And literally every shot they take is in the direction of high glove.

Price can play bigger, so I think it is time we let him play.

He stole a series before, maybe he can steal this one.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Jaro... he absolutely was the better goalie all season long, and brought us to the playoffs. But the Caps have him solved. And literally every shot they take is in the direction of high glove.

It's too bad he has to start his first game at home. And I'm being serious, because a road start would've been way better for Carey to get into a rhythym. The pressure of the entire season is on his shoulders in front of 22,000 fans who boo'd him off the ice last year.

Good luck kid.

This is exactly what Carey needed. He can now step in and take the team on a memorable run and once again go into camp with the top spot. 15 wins to go, all is up to him. That is how I see it. His time is now, it is a perfect chance to seize the moment and he has done that before. MVP? Hmmm...

Nothing is over yet. We know these guys can explode for goals, we also know we can beat them. Down 2-1 ain't that bad.

GO HABS GO!!!

This is exactly what Carey needed. He can now step in and take the team on a memorable run and once again go into camp with the top spot. 15 wins to go, all is up to him. That is how I see it. His time is now, it is a perfect chance to seize the moment and he has done that before. MVP? Hmmm...

Nothing is over yet. We know these guys can explode for goals, we also know we can beat them. Down 2-1 ain't that bad.

GO HABS GO!!!

:lol: I love your optimism, but these guys are toast and have been toast ever since the Caps scored their 5th goal in Game Two. Having said that, Price needs to make a statement and play like a big-time goalie, win or lose. If he bombs, it will be more disappointment than I can take :puke:

It's too bad he has to start his first game at home. And I'm being serious, because a road start would've been way better for Carey to get into a rhythym. The pressure of the entire season is on his shoulders in front of 22,000 fans who boo'd him off the ice last year.

Good luck kid.

I disagree. This is a no lose situation for him.

If he wins, he is the hero. If he doesn't, he was no worse than Halak.

There is no nonsensical "well, Halak just wins arguments in regards to this series" there is no "Halak would have pulled out that game"

argument. There is no "Halak is statistically superior" rant to string up the kid.

He wins, he will get the bulk of the credit. If he loses, Halak gets Game 5. If they run Price out there for Game 5 and he loses, he never faces the Bell Center crowd until 2010-11. If he wins, he gets a heroes welcome in Game 6.

As long as he has a strong game, he will be fine.

I disagree. This is a no lose situation for him.

If he wins, he is the hero. If he doesn't, he was no worse than Halak.

There is no nonsensical "well, Halak just wins arguments in regards to this series" there is no "Halak would have pulled out that game"

argument. There is no "Halak is statistically superior" rant to string up the kid.

He wins, he will get the bulk of the credit. If he loses, Halak gets Game 5. If they run Price out there for Game 5 and he loses, he never faces the Bell Center crowd until 2010-11. If he wins, he gets a heroes welcome in Game 6.

As long as he has a strong game, he will be fine.

The sad thing is if Price gets shelled early (regardless of his play) he will be booed.

How much of that nonsense can that young man take before he wants out (like being booed and nominated as second star)?

The sad thing is if Price gets shelled early (regardless of his play) he will be booed.

How much of that nonsense can that young man take before he wants out (like being booed and nominated as second star)?

Jaro gave up 8 goals in 45 minutes and wasn't booed.

Jaro is this season's darling.

Price is the whipping boy.

The fanbase is irrational, so nothing would surprise me.

I just don't think it is going to happen.

It sucks to be a goaltender in Montreal

Damn true. When you think about it, the worse job around here where you can get shit on are :

1. Head coach of the Montreal Canadiens.

2. Starting goaltender of the Montreal Canadiens.

3. Prime Minister.

:lol:

I want Price to shut this punk out.

That's the way Capitals defenseman Mike Green sees it, even if his coach did not. "That's the type of efforts we need to win. When everyone plays like that -- they don't have much out there. Really, they don't," he said of the Habs to a Washington reporter.

I felt in Boudreau comments that they were too big and good for the habs wich is probably true but

that is not the way to advance in playoffs and it willblow in their face sooner or later.

Now this punk who was righfully chosen out of the quest for gold is looking down on us, did he watched himself play ?? Turnover machine, not producing a point in power play...yeah the habs

are maybe not much a challenge in their head and the serie is already won. God i wish they will eat their word.

I want Price to shut this punk out.

That's the way Capitals defenseman Mike Green sees it, even if his coach did not. "That's the type of efforts we need to win. When everyone plays like that -- they don't have much out there. Really, they don't," he said of the Habs to a Washington reporter.

I felt in Boudreau comments that they were too big and good for the habs wich is probably true but

that is not the way to advance in playoffs and it willblow in their face sooner or later.

Now this punk who was righfully chosen out of the quest for gold is looking down on us, did he watched himself play ?? Turnover machine, not producing a point in power play...yeah the habs

are maybe not much a challenge in their head and the serie is already won. God i wish they will eat their word.

here, here on all points too.

Caps are whatever they are... but the Habs still have a REAL chance to win. Down 1-2 in a best of 7 ain't that bad, still.

IMO, Habs just need to do what they did for the 1st 90 or so mins of this series. I don't know why some get they panties in a bunch about the shots on net if we win. I would rather the Habs focus on winning the series and forget about the shot totals. I they do that then they will have more moments like they did in the 1 st period of game 2. And then the Caps will be forced to put Ovie in nets and Gomer will remind Ovie that his hand is trembling right before firing one past him every time.

All kidding aside,

GO HABS GO!!!

I know you boys can still pull this one out of the fire and bring the 25th one HOME!!!!

I wonder if you saw Ovechkin's goal on Price in the period and a half he played. Where did he shoot?

The Washington Capitals have great shooters! It's not that they are simply shooting upstairs on the glove side, they are sending lazers towards our goalies.

I would have put Halak in the net for this game, but I will definitely cheer and pray that Price can do the job. I'm not much into the hypothetical scenarios about how this is a no lose situation. If we lose this game, it is definitely a huge lose situation. This game is crucial for the team's success this season, so we need Price to be on his A game and we need him there now. The only feeling I get is that whether Price's losses have been lucky or unlucky this season, there always seems to be that one goal that somehow gets by him. On the other hand, Halak has the capability of stopping every single shot that's thrown at him in any given game. That's not to say he will, but in playoffs you can't afford that truly awful blunder.

But.... that's all in the past now. Price will be a great goalie in the future as most of us repeat every day so let us make tonight the future. I truly believe that Price can break out and never look back at any single point. It's just been hard to tell when that night will come. No better time than the playoffs however!!

I have all the faith in the world in Price when he plays his best, I just don't think any single one of us knows which Price will turn up tonight. Uncertainty is not a good feeling in the playoffs. Here's to a good night. Enjoy the game everybody!

Carey Price needs to grow the f*ck up, he is embarassing himself and this 100yr+ old franchise with his childish antics.

He gets scored on and shoots the puck at the other team?!? And then tries to trip Backstrom from the bench for his 2nd unsportsmanlike penalty of the game? Pathetic.

He is acting like the furthest thing from a professional and is showing why his team and most of it's fans threw their support behind Halak this year.

That Doesn't bother me at all, i wish some of the other players played with an edge like that

You are interpretting taking stupid penalties after the play is over with "playing with an adge". When the game is on he shows none of that emotion, it's the exact opposite actually.

Those two displays last night were immature acts from a 22yr old, who BTW isn't a baby in the NHL anymore so the "he's young" excuse is starting to wear pretty thin imo.

Start Jaro in Game 5, he got the team here he deserves to see it through.

Price played with a edge last night before that as well...Halak never hacked at players infront of him, pushed them out of the way, roughed up a player that fell on him. The first penalty was ######ed...the refs put the whistle away all series...yet call those types of calls on the habs.

You think Roy, Brodeur, other great goalies never got frustrated? I'd rather a over the edge goalie, than a emotionally stunted one in Halak.