What lineup would you ice for Game 4?

lazy26

I just want to see Subban, but what I want and what is reality are two different things.

With Metro off the DL I don't think they can call him up anyways.

I just want to see Subban, but what I want and what is reality are two different things.

With Metro off the DL I don't think they can call him up anyways.

I believe they can. They have one last callup remaining to use (I think). There is no roster limit after the trade deadline.

Brian's your guy on this one though.

I find the Subban idea a tad ridiculous, to be honest. First off, it reeks of the Messianic Syndrome Habs fans too often have for good young kids coming up in the system (see: Pacioretty, Latendresse, Price, etc.). All odds are Subban would feel so damn forced to save the team that he'd suffocate on his own breath.

I'm not even mentioning the impracticality of the move itself and it's repercussion on the team. Scratching a veteran for a kid, etc. It's not like you're in the end of the season, on your way to missing the playoffs and are preparing the future. You're in the playoffs, trying to win them. If you use Subban with the justification that he makes you better, you have to explain why you didnt used him before, if he's the missing piece, etc.

Gotta be realistic here.

Agree 100%.

Les Boys have been playing some terrific hockey a lot in this series. We had a realistic chance of being up 3-0 today. It didn't quite happen, and I do think Halak faded a bit in #2, which is no big deal incidentally, but JM and the Gainey Gang have played some terrific hockey.

We have no reason to throw in the towel.

Fan up guys!

Somehow I don't think bringing up a rookie d-man for 1-game in the playoffs against the best offence the league has seen in the last decade is such a smart idea, even if he has already been annointed the next Ray Bourque by some on this board.

This club isn't one player away from being a serious contender; play the hand you're dealt and fix the deficiencies in the off season.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Moen- Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot- Moore - S. Kostitsyn

Pyatt - Lapierre - Metro (Use 4th line to double shift whoever in the top six looks good.

Gill - Obyrne

Markov-Gorges

Hamrlik-Spacek

Bergeron

Price

Somehow I don't think bringing up a rookie d-man for 1-game in the playoffs against the best offence the league has seen in the last decade is such a smart idea, even if he has already been annointed the next Ray Bourque by some on this board.

This club isn't one player away from being a serious contender; play the hand you're dealt and fix the deficiencies in the off season.

Neither was starting a goaltender who had 4 games experience in 1971 against the best offensive

team in the league (108 goals more than the 2nd highest scoring team) lead by Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito

or in 1984 when they tossed Penney to the wolves against the 104 pt Bruins (7th offense), 94 pt Nords (2nd offense)

and defending Cup Champion Islanders (3rd offense).

They started MA Bergeron for 3 games and the guy is a disaster. It is about a spark.

He provides them with something they lack, nobody else on this team can carry the puck the way

Subban does.

I am not worried about the guys confidence. He stepped into the AHL and dominated it and in his

2 game call up in Philly was certainly not badly over matched. 2 games, 2 points, +1.

If one poor game destroys his confidence then this fanbase needs to re-assess how good he really is.

John Carlson has done pretty well with limited experience for the Caps.

How can a fanbase who watched Dryden and Penney go on illogical runs think that Subban being

called up is absurd? The Habs are the same team who were up 2-0 against the Canes only to watch

Cam Ward come into the lineup with his .882 SV% and give up 4 goals in 3 games.

I am not suggesting that Subban will take them to the promise land, but I would rather see what the

kid is made of than watch MAB stagger around turning over the puck and ducking away from forechecking

heat.

Maybe he comes up, provides a spark for a game or two, then goes back down to Hamilton. THe notion

of using him is far from unrealistic and outside of Markov the Habs have limited options to provide a transition

game.

8th seeds don't beat 1 seeds who have 30+ pts more with conventional wisdom. Conventional wisdom gets you destroyed.

If he would want to, are we able to send Price down to Hamilton to play for the calder cup if we get eliminated?

No

Edited by Wamsley01

I believe they can. They have one last callup remaining to use (I think). There is no roster limit after the trade deadline.

Brian's your guy on this one though.

The limit goes away after the regular season, or so I interpret it. Philly the other day recalled 8 players (when the limit is 4). No cap in the playoffs either so that doesn't come in play either. If everyone was healthy in Hamilton though, I suspect Weber would be called up before Subban.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Moen- Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot- Moore - S. Kostitsyn

Pyatt - Lapierre - Metro (Use 4th line to double shift whoever in the top six looks good.

Gill - Obyrne

Markov-Gorges

Hamrlik-Spacek

Bergeron

Price

don't wanna brag but I'm glad Moen got the chance with the top line :clap: