Washington @ Habs: GAME 4

bar

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamrlik and MAB - both liabilities together defence and just like that - like in game 2, another solid effort wasted :angry:

Hamrlik and MAB - both liabilities together defence and just like that - like in game 2, another solid effort wasted :angry:

It might be because Markov had been on the ice for half an hour and Gill had just been out for the other goal. Give it a rest.

I want them to win sooooo bad...but no matter what...I will always love the Habs.

I also think I would start Price next game...hopefully he gets hot like Theo did when we came back from 3-1 against Boston when Mclaren cheap shotted Zednik.

If you ask me, the game was lost when Sergei missed that open net on the nice feed from Markov. You HAVE to score on chances like that.

We've played well on the whole, and we've shown we're a good team whatever Mike Green says, but the Caps just have too many weapons of mass destruction. Too many things need to go right for us to win; one or two blown chances, and it's game over.

I expect the usual bitching and blame-assigning to follow tonight, but the fact is the team has done its best. We're just not good enough.

The interesting question going forward is what Gauthier will do to augment this lineup. He now has all the evidence he needs on all fronts to know how to proceed. One thing's for sure - he can't stand pat. We need to get at least one hulking forward in here and we need to upgrade our D. I don't care how he does it, but he'd better do it.

we have done so well all season with the goalie out... over 2 minutes with an empty net.. yeah... good idea... oh, and with our strong faceoff record too....

sheesh.. I know they are desperate, but you need to get the some pressure first and go all out, with your goalie first.

Storyline of the Series:

Game 1: Habs Plekanec gets Ot, and Halak was solid.

Game 2: Habs take 4-1 lead and Washington scores goal in dying minutes of 2nd period to give Caps life. Also goal in dying minutes of game when the Habs held a 5-4 lead.

Game 3: Shorthanded goal deflated Habs early in the second period.

Game 4: Shorthanded goal late in dying seconds of second deflates Habs and they don't respond in third period.

Game 5: We'll find a way to lose it

If you ask me, the game was lost when Sergei missed that open net on the nice feed from Markov. You HAVE to score on chances like that.

We've played well on the whole, and we've shown we're a good team whatever Mike Green says, but the Caps just have too many weapons of mass destruction. Too many things need to go right for us to win; one or two blown chances, and it's game over.

I expect the usual bitching and blame-assigning to follow tonight, but the fact is the team has done its best. We're just not good enough.

The interesting question going forward is what Gauthier will do to augment this lineup. He now has all the evidence he needs on all fronts to know how to proceed. One thing's for sure - he can't stand pat. We need to get at least one hulking forward in here and we need to upgrade our D. I don't care how he does it, but he'd better do it.

We played a terrific game and Washington is very lucky to be ahead.

Well, one more game in Washington.

Hard to say who should start. Neither Price or Halak were the problem, and neither will be win it on their own.

I wouldn't mind seeing Halak in, because I think he got us here, so give him a shot at stealing another win. (not that I think it matters).

I also think I would start Price next game...hopefully he gets hot like Theo did when we came back from 3-1 against Boston when Mclaren cheap shotted Zednik.

You're mixing series. Theo got hot in 2002 (Year of the Hart)... we came back from the 3-1 deficit in 2006 (the year Kovy got slashed and just forgot the puck at the Habs blueline)

Start Halak game 5.

Price's two unsportsmanlike penalties ought to be reason enough not to play him.

Price came up with some saves this game, what is not what Halak has been doing as of late. Cant blame him.

Start Halak game 5.

Price's two unsportsmanlike penalties ought to be reason enough not to play him.

Yeah. Halak in Game 5. Price was ok, but nothing exceptional. Then you pile up the two misconducts and you just see a kid acting like a kid. Ovie has his number anyway. I'd like to get some stats about the number of goals Ovie has against Price. It's 3 in 4 periods so far.

next year addition by subtraction... Hamrlik out, Subban in.

I wish we could get rid of Gomez as well. Not bringing it this series.

Come on, Halak kept us in games were we were badly outshot. He made lots of good saves. He gave up one or two bad goals in one game. The difference has more to do with the team in front of them. when they play well, both Halak and Price did well. When they got no support, both got scored on.

Only one goalie stole a win in this series, and that was Halak. Price had a chance tonight to work a miracle. He was solid, but it wasn't enough.

Price faired no better tonight or in the 2nd half of the last game then Halak did in the last game. So go back to your starter, imo.

Price came up with some saves this game, what is not what Halak has been doing as of late. Cant blame him.