Ovechkin vs. the Flag Bearer

Fanpuck33

My question: What was Brian Gionta doing wearing Price's goalie equipment?

Seriously, though, just came across that today. I don't know what to make of it. Apparently he does the same thing every game, but how did he not see the kid standing there? Either he simply wasn't paying attention or he didn't care. Either way, how many kids get to say Alex Ovechkin gave them a snow shower?

Funny, I'm listening to the radio here in Quebec City and they're talking about just that.

Ovie has just been raised poorly, that's what it comes down to.

What pisses me off is that nobody defended the kid. Had I been that kid Ovie would have got a two-handed slash across the knee and a headbutt to the nuts.

What pisses me off is that nobody defended the kid. Had I been that kid Ovie would have got a two-handed slash across the knee and a headbutt to the nuts.

Haha, that would have been hysterical.

Wow. That takes commenting on things you don't actually know to a whole new level.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Funny, I'm listening to the radio here in Quebec City and they're talking about just that.

:lol:

And yet, if the position were reversed, if a Canadien had snowed a Crapital kid, we'd all be saying, "it's okay, just gamesmanship."

I dunno Colin. I'd be ashamed if a Canadien player had done something like that. There's gamesmanship, and then there's picking on a 7-year old. Not cool.

I would have paid REALLY good money to see the kid turn around and smack Ovie in the head with his stick. REALLY good money.

I dunno Colin. I'd be ashamed if a Canadien player had done something like that. There's gamesmanship, and then there's picking on a 7-year old. Not cool.

Well, perhaps I shouldn't toss the blanket out there. I don't think it's that overly cool either, but this is the Montreal fan-base we're talking about. Guaranteed a great many would come out and say it was nothing but gamesmanship and they loved it.

Well, perhaps I shouldn't toss the blanket out there. I don't think it's that overly cool either, but this is the Montreal fan-base we're talking about. Guaranteed a great many would come out and say it was nothing but gamesmanship and they loved it.

Agreed. There are bound to be some that would have loved it, but I'm sure a lot would be in the same camp as ourselves.

That being said, I think that everyone can agree on that it would have been AMAZING to see the kid retaliate.

the slash and headbutt thing is something I actually have done to a familly member of the place iwas babysit back when iwas 9 or so. The guy was an army man and something like 6-4 and 250 lbs. We were playing floor hockey and he laugh at me or something so I just saw red. Next thing I knew after hitting him I was hanging upside down by my ankle from the basement ceiling. Still, that's what imean when I talk about playing with an edge!

the slash and headbutt thing is something I actually have done to a familly member of the place iwas babysit back when iwas 9 or so. The guy was an army man and something like 6-4 and 250 lbs. We were playing floor hockey and he laugh at me or something so I just saw red. Next thing I knew after hitting him I was hanging upside down by my ankle from the basement ceiling. Still, that's what imean when I talk about playing with an edge!

Wait. WAIDAMINIT! *laughs*

You can't have it both ways! You can't say Price shooting a puck at someone's head is not good and childish and not playing with an edge and then say that headbutting someone's progeny is playing with an edge!

I call foul! :lol:

Edited by Colin

Wait. WAIDAMINIT! *laughs*

You can't have it both ways! You can't say Price shooting a puck at someone's head is not good and childish and not playing with an edge and then say that headbutting someone's progeny is playing with an edge!

I call foul! :lol:

Hey, at least I hurt the guy! Price just got laughed at.

If you're going to blow a fuse, at least hurt someone doing so. If he had slapshot that puck ssquare in Backstrom's face and broke his nose and a couple of teeth, I'd have been on his side. Know what I mean? Throwing a puck falls into the same category as spitting.

I just think Ovechkin didnt think about it, he just went to the bench and stopped before not noticing the kid. Cant headhunt him for something that couldve been a simple misstake. Id rather see that kid slash Hamrlik but I guess that wouldve just made him slower.

If it was a mistake...you'd think he'd say something to the kid..but he just went on.

He might not have noticed at all. It can never be proved that he did that on purpose so we might as well just ignore this and forget it. This team has bigger problems anyway like winning 3 games in a row against the caps stopping Ove from shooting those goals instead of whining about him breaking in front of a kid.

Supposedly when Ovie was sitting he also threw some water from hsi bottle at the kid. I'm thinking it's because the kid had his flag blocking Ovie's face from the camera directed on the Habs entrance.

Supposedly when Ovie was sitting he also threw some water from hsi bottle at the kid. I'm thinking it's because the kid had his flag blocking Ovie's face from the camera directed on the Habs entrance.

in the previous game I noticed he seemed annoyed by the kid. I doubt the tv crew will think about looking at the tape. That would give more weight to the idea he did that with bad intentions.

He said he was just joking around with the kid, which is fine, but why not pat him on the head or tap him on the shoulder or something? What he did isn't all the surprising given what we've seen from him in the past, but the guy really needs to mature at some point.