Game time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: TSN, RDS
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Game 6 Highlights:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for more Subban tonight now that he has had some rest, especially on the powerplay. MAB and Markov just look slow and tired out there lately.

Hopefully Halak can have another big game, but I sure hope he doesn't need to repeat that performance to hold us in.

Win or lose, the boys put on a great series and took the number 1 team farther then anyone predicted.

Game 7 tonight boys! Say your prayers to the Hockey Gods. Our boys have a real chance of taking out the number 1 seed!

In order not to get killed in the shot count, I think the Habs need to go back to rolling 4 lines. Subaan is up, Bergeron ain't contributing, make the call and get Sergei K back up front.

RDS reporting Spacek will play (unless my limited French is incorrect):

Le vétéran défenseur Jaroslav Spacek, qui a pris part à un septième match en carrière, sera de la partie.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298076.html

No one else is reporting that yet though so I won't pencil him in the lineup just yet; Habs skate around 11:30 this morning, should know more then. I have, however, updated the Washington lines, Scott Walker apparently will make his Washington playoff debut tonight.

Looking for more Subban tonight now that he has had some rest, especially on the powerplay. MAB and Markov just look slow and tired out there lately.

Hopefully Halak can have another big game, but I sure hope he doesn't need to repeat that performance to hold us in.

Win or lose, the boys put on a great series and took the number 1 team farther then anyone predicted.

If Halak has to face 50+ shots again you are more likely to see what happened in Phoenix last night than what occurred in Montreal on Monday.

You can only put your finger in the dam for so long before it bursts. As fantastic as he was on Monday, he had a couple of instances of puck luck when he was scrambling, that is unlikely to occur on back to back nights.

Or actually play Bergeron at forward. I don't care.

Sergei is a good penalty killer and good skill guy in the offensive zone. It would be nice to see him play. He has made a few big errors in this playoff though.

park bergeron, he offers very little other than a few shots on the PP, PK can fill that position. insert spacek if he's healthy and be ready to bench him or Hamrlik of both in favor of PK once they go into their usual defensive meltdown.

park bergeron, he offers very little other than a few shots on the PP, PK can fill that position. insert spacek if he's healthy and be ready to bench him or Hamrlik of both in favor of PK once they go into their usual defensive meltdown.

Spacek has been quite good defensively this series when healthy. The big issue for him will be whether he has energy late in the game or not (assuming he plays).

A healthy Spacek helps reduce the shots against totals.

It all comes down to this. Does Halak have enough left in the tank? Can the Habs put pressure on the Caps early and take them off their game? I too hope that Sergei plays so that Martin has more options. MAB should sit, and PK should get some time on the first PP unit.

I know we've come a long way in this series, and that alone is worth something. But... how great would it be to knock out the Caps and prove ALL the critics wrong?

GO HABS GO!!!!!

I hope that this will be the night I am able to drag my weary bones from bed at 3:30 am Qatar time to listen to the game. I think that if we can jump to an early lead again we win.

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

Spacek has been quite good defensively this series when healthy. The big issue for him will be whether he has energy late in the game or not (assuming he plays).

A healthy Spacek helps reduce the shots against totals.

Spacek is game time decision. If he is healthy, I hope he will play. He was very good in the first game. If my memory is good, he was McGuire's monster (for what it's worth).

I would say that among our defensemen, Bergeron has been the worst in the last few days. I know he had an assist on the first goal of the last game, but it was a lucky deflection. He looks lost on the ice, his confidence level obviously very low. O'Byrne has his shortcomings, but I still like his physical presence.

Habs will need 4 or 5 goals tonight.

I agree with you. We will need more goals because the Caps should get more. Guys like Gomez, Gionta, AK46 (and why not Pouliot) will have to contribute somehow. Don't forget that Subban will be in the lineup. I would not be surprised to see him score a goal or collect one or two assists.

Go! Habs Go!

BTW, Karl Alzner will be playing defense for the Caps tonight; he will replace Tom Poti. Alzner was a 1st round draft pick in 2007 (5th over all), the same year Subban was picked in the 2nd round (no. 43) by the Habs. It will be interesting to compare the two youngsters.

That's an awesome pic :D Did you made it yourself?

I agree with you. We will need more goals because the Caps should get more. Guys like Gomez, Gionta, AK46 (and why not Pouliot) will have to contribute somehow. Don't forget that Subban will be in the lineup. I would not be surprised to see him score a goal or collect one or two assists.

Go! Habs Go!

This is why I was dreading the call-up. People are already expecting the kid to get points every night.

Leave the freaking kid alone! Let him do his thing and enjoy whatever points he gets. Dont expect it from him.

That's an awesome pic :D Did you made it yourself?

+1

:clap:

Refs for tonight are Brad Watson and Dan O'Halloran. For the conspiracy theorists out there, here's the penalty situation from the games they've reffed this series:

Game 1 (Watson): 4 PP's, 4 PK's

Game 2 (O'Halloran): 3 PP;s, 3 PK's