GDT: Game 7, Montreal vs Washington

dlbalr

1. Thank you Koz for changing your woman. That was the TSN turning point.

2. Hal Gill, Josh Gorges.

3. Why can't we take 5 minutes to celebrate before starting the controversy for round two?

4. AK should be traded.

5. He can take his whiny brother with him.

6. Jaro the Hero.

7. I think we need to take a pill and remember that getting past the Craps does not equate to getting past the Pens and then flying to the parade. We were *badly* out-played for long stretches. But we were opportunistic, better in the special teams (by far, and incidentally, why did everyone freak when we went to the PK at the end of the game? that was 'put it to bed' time), and had a much better system. (Holy freeholies! JM adjusted all series! Turning point in his coaching career, IMO.)

8. *And I believe the most important* Experience and leadership. Gomez, Gionta, Cammi, Gill, Moen. You don't come back against the best team in the league, especially down 3-1, without guys who know what it takes to win. I know there's a lot of stink regarding those salaries, particularly that of Gomez, but it's nights and series like this where he earns every penny.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Why can't we take 5 minutes to celebrate before starting the controversy for round two?

4. AK should be traded.

6. Jaro the Hero.

7. I think we need to take a pill and remember that getting past the Craps does not equate to getting past the Pens and then flying to the parade. We were *badly* out-played for long stretches. But we were opportunistic, better in the special teams (by far, and incidentally, why did everyone freak when we went to the PK at the end of the game? that was 'put it to bed' time), and had a much better system. (Holy freeholies! JM adjusted all series! Turning point in his coaching career, IMO.)

8. *And I believe the most important* Experience and leadership. Gomez, Gionta, Cammi, Gill, Moen. You don't come back against the best team in the league, especially down 3-1, without guys who know what it takes to win. I know there's a lot of stink regarding those salaries, particularly that of Gomez, but it's nights and series like this where he earns every penny.

Great post Colin, I agree, the K bros are gonzo.

That...was...amazing...

Can we try and give Gainey a little credit here? He assembled a team that has LOADS of character. Sure Halak was the biggest difference, but guys like Gill, Gorges, Gionta, Moore (Gauthier Pickup), Gomez, Cammalleri, these are Playoff Warriors and regardless of the price tag for some of them, Gainey assembled this team from almost scratch last summer and I think he did a damn fine job of doing so. Let's enjoy round 2.

4. AK should be traded.

6. Jaro the Hero.

I think AK's been pretty good this series.

And I would not say that Washington outplayed us on the whole. They badly outshot us but that's because our game plan was like that of Italian soccer (I forget the term). We were 90% about team defense and 10% about scoring. And our team defense was superb.

So was the O'Byrne penalty that bad? I didn't even see anything in the replay.Game 7, a one goal game and they get a penalty with 1:44 left? It used to be you would have to shoot someone for that to happen.

It was blatant, and right in front of the ref.

So I can assume all the other Habs games will be on CBC. I'm tired of watching the games online!

Correct, all games are on CBC. I've posted a Round 2 schedule (including TV) in the HW 3 Stars article.

interesting.. only two plus players in the series for the habs.. Subban and Gill...

Given that Gill had to play in games 2 and 3, being plus one speaks volumes for a defensive D like him...

The only bad part about round two will be having to listen to the Pens home broadcasters on the CBC..

I don't speak a word of French and I watched every game on RDS.

No Pierre McGuire for me.

4. AK should be traded.

6. Jaro the Hero.

1. I take full credit for this win. Misa Campo FTW!

2. G+G were awesome. Shades of Rick Green and Craig Ludwig in 86.

3. ...

4. AK = 3.5M$ needed to resign Plekanec.

5. SK = 585K needed for a new zamboni

6. Halak to move it move it.

7. We played the same rope-a-dope strategies that got us pretty far in 2002. Not sure how much it'll work against the Pens.

8. The players' mood after being down 1-3 in the series surely showed mental focus. I hope it becomes a new team philosophy.

WE F**KING BEAT THE PRESIDENT TROPHY WINNERS!!!!!!!!!

SUCK ON THAT "SHAKY-HANDS" OVECHKIN!!! SUCK ON THAT "NOTHING OUT THERE" GREEN!!! SUCK ON THAT "TOMAS JAGR" THEODORE!!!!

SUCK ON THAT ALL YOU "EXPERTS"!!!!!!!!

HABS RUUUUUUUULES!!!!

lol Enjoy it while it lasts.

We get one day off and then we're facing Crosby & Malkin. Are we going to trap a second superior team to death? Habs are toast unless they start scoring. They can't rely on a 98% save percentage throughout the playoffs.

But how do we start scoring? The 5-man D game plan seems to be our only chance. Do we continue on hoping for perfect D, perfect goaltending and 2-3 opportunistic goals per game? For Montreal to win the Cup this year everything needs to align itself.

Bob Gainey assembled a team that has surpassed expectations under arduous circumstances and now delivered a stunning upset. That is the exact OPPOSITE of last year's piece of sh*t squad. He deserves credit for gutsy GMing. As for the cap, let's worry about that in the summer, shall we?

HAL GILL FOR THE NORRIS!

Ridiculous to talk Cup. We'll be lucky to win one game against Pittsburgh. That's not the point tonight. Tonight is about the greatest habs victory in YEARS. :hlogo: Savour every moment.

And GodDAMN it feels good to see the arrogant Capitals as humbled loser shmucks. And it feels good to see all those 'experts' ('Caps in 3!') and all those who made fun of our 'smurfs' all season TO GO SUCK EGGS.

HABS RULE, LOSERS!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!!:lol::lol:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

So was the O'Byrne penalty that bad? I didn't even see anything in the replay.Game 7, a one goal game and they get a penalty with 1:44 left? It used to be you would have to shoot someone for that to happen.

I( couldn't see anything either. OBie didn't complain however..maybe an accidental bit before the replayed section.

I don't speak a word of French and I watched every game on RDS.

No Pierre McGuire for me.

I actually found him good this time around.