Round 2 Series Discussion

dlbalr

I'm not sold on Fleury either. Outside of 1 season his SV% has been pathetic (and his 1 good

season was a half season) and he has a tendency to allow back breaking shitty goals.

Over the last 3 seasons he has played on a Stanley Cup worthy team and he has a .911 SV%.

That is just around league average.

Well, my claim is not that he's a great goalie. Neither is Biron, and look what he did to us a couple of years ago. I fear francophone goalies.

Well, my claim is not that he's a great goalie. Neither is Biron, and look what he did to us a couple of years ago. I fear francophone goalies.

I don't buy the Biron thing really. The Habs hit 7-8 posts in the series and it just fell the way it did.

Looking back in retrospect, I don't look at that like Biron stole the series.

IMO

I don't buy the Biron thing really. The Habs hit 7-8 posts in the series and it just fell the way it did.

IMO

You could be right. That was a hard series to figure. A lot of retroactive analysis argues that the Flyers pummelled us physically, yet I remember us carrying the play and looking like the better team. I definitely felt that Price let us down, for one thing; Biron may have simply made the saves a goalie is supposed to make, and looked stellar in comparison. Ah well, hopefully you're right and Fleury won't be the problem I fear that he will be. A lot of this mystique around Quebec goalies may just be ricochet off Marty Brodeur's complete domination of the Habs his entire career.

IMO

I agree, although the common perception at the time was that Biron had vastly outplayed Price. Since that was marginally true, I guess it's not too far of a leap to go from thinking "Biron was sufficient" to "Biron was UNSTOPPABLE!"... for Habs fans anyway... ^_^

But yeh, I remember thinking at the time that the was the highest amount of posts I'd ever seen in a series.

I agree with you guys. Pens are definitely a different beast than the Caps. They are after all last year Stanley Cup winners and they may have lost 2 solid dman they gained Ponikarovsky while Crosby is an even better player than last year.

It will be interesting to see how Fleury will play this series against the Habs.

And, pretty funny quote from Letang.. nice try to take some pressure of the Stanley Cup winners!

I loved Gill and Gorges in Round 1! They were unbelievable. Most of the time, Ovechkin could barely get past little Gorges! Hopefully the duo continue to rock on. Like Kozed said, I think I'd go with Markov against Crosby. And the GG duo against Malkin. Anyways we'll see, that's 2 great pairs we have. And Hamrlik isn't a bad dman at all to have on a 3rd pair.