Projected lines for Pittsburgh:

Left Wing Centre Right Wing Defence/Goalies
Kunitz Crosby Guerin Orpik Gonchar
Ponikarovsky Malkin Talbot Eaton Letang
Cooke Staal Dupuis McKee Goligoski
Rupp Adams Conner Fleury Johnson

Other Notes:
Injuries: Kennedy, Leopold
Scratches: Curry, Engelland, Fedotenko, Godard, Jeffrey, Johnson, Letestu, Lovejoy, Tangradi, Thiessen, Wagner, Wallace

Game time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: CBC, RDS, Versus
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Game 7 Highlights:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Lee and Bill McCreary to ref tonight's game. Spacek out.

GO HABS GO!!!!! Give 'em Hell!!!!!

Where do you get this info by the way ?

I hope Halak and the team were able to recover from the Caps series. It will be a challenge to refocus on the Pens. Hopefully Cooke or someone else does something stupid early on like running into Halak (hopefully without hurting him) and helping the Habs get together like one man and beat the hell out of them.

I hope Halak and the team were able to recover from the Caps series. It will be a challenge to refocus on the Pens. Hopefully Cooke or someone else does something stupid early on like running into Halak (hopefully without hurting him) and helping the Habs get together like one man and beat the hell out of them.

Interesting that you mention Cooke as trying to set a physical tone early. I fear this the most for the Habs as last round wasn't your typical grind it out series. Instead, it looked a lot like regular season hockey which was good for us as a smaller team. Now we'll see how much of a 'beating' they can take as Pittsburgh will hit a lot more.

I think both goalies will play again in the series.

I also think they'll need a little more offense, a little more offensive zone time which allows them to draw penalties.

Hard to say if they are tired or not, Washington i wouldn't call physical, but the way Martin keeps shortening his bench the top 8 forwards see alot of ice time. The Gomez line will need soem more offense for sure. Pitt has a really good shut down line.

I think they will show pretty well in the series.

I want laps to give Crosby that little reminder of the pest he was in juniors. Pressure the pens D will lead to offensive chances, thats what the Sens did to great effect.

I thought Spacek had a virus or something... why is he still out?

Any word on if S.Kost is in??? We'll need his skills in this series.

I would seriously go with...

Gionta - Gomez - Moen

Lapierre - Pleks - Cammy

A.Kost - Moore - S.Kost

Pouliot - Metro - Pyatt

Markov - Obyrne

Gill - Gorges

Hammer - Subban

Edited by TheDriveFor25

I think both goalies will play again in the series.

I also think they'll need a little more offense, a little more offensive zone time which allows them to draw penalties.

Hard to say if they are tired or not, Washington i wouldn't call physical, but the way Martin keeps shortening his bench the top 8 forwards see alot of ice time. The Gomez line will need soem more offense for sure. Pitt has a really good shut down line.

I think they will show pretty well in the series.

I agree. I am concerned about being dominated on the cycle. Crosby and Staal are

beasts down low and I don't know who can step up and contain them.

Yep. this series more then Washington the size and physical factor will be a problem for the habs. Let's see if they can deal with it.

Infortunately the habs D with size are slow, and the smaller D aren't much faster. (Subban is the exception.

The drive for 25, Spacek supposedly has an inner ear problem causing balance and nausea. I heard that on the VS telecast.

Any word on if S.Kost is in??? We'll need his skills in this series.

I would seriously go with...

Gionta - Gomez - Moen

Lapierre - Pleks - Cammy

A.Kost - Moore - S.Kost

Pouliot - Metro - Pyatt

Markov - Obyrne

Gill - Gorges

Hammer - Subban

I like the suggested lineup, but would rather see AK46 remain with Pleks and Cammy.

I know he finally scored last game, but I'd rather have SK over MAB.

Spacek is suffering not from the virus anymore, but complications FROM the virus. I heard he had some respiratory issues. The virus kept him out of the lineup during the regular season.

When you think about it , it is obvious.

Everyone knows they will beat us.

Therefore we have nothing to lose and they have nothing to win.

Therefore we will win and they will lose.

Simple logic.

GO HABS GO!

I am so sick of Sidney Crosby already.. If I here one more analyst downplay what the Habs did to Washington and explain why Sidney is so much better that he can't be shut down, I am going to lose it.

I watched Sidney do squat in the Olympics until he got the overtime goal. He was on a roll with Ottawa for sure, but he can get just as frustrated as Ovie if he struggles early on to score.

The Pens D is vulnerable and their goalie is sucking. I hope we come out strong and get the Pens back on their heels..