GDT: Game 1, Montreal vs Pittsburgh

dlbalr

we look flat as a pancake, and the phyisicality of Pitt makes us look even worse. we're just not equipped to match them hit for hit. I can't believe what an imbecile Don Cherry is, he's calling Jaro Havlat, not Halak...

Edited by Habsy

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherry is right about one thing (not how to say Halak however), but Washington has success with a guy in front, and then our guys started protecting the front of the net. Tonight, our D are standing to the side again letting Pitts back into Halak and screen him.

I hope Halak and the team were able to recover from the Caps series. It will be a challenge to refocus on the Pens. Hopefully Cooke or someone else does something stupid early on like running into Halak (hopefully without hurting him) and helping the Habs get together like one man and beat the hell out of them.

well I was right about Cooke doing something bad early on. hopefully Markov isn't too badly injured and Habs players can rally together

The forwards have to start finishing their checks on the Pens D were at least 8 instances - 4 alone for AK46 and Laps letting up when the had the Pens Dmen lined up. You have to hit them hard the way the Pens are hitting everything.

Its a moot point though if Markov is out for any length of time :puke:

Damn 3-0. May as well pull Halak right now. No use leaving him in for this.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

sigh... and now we get a dumb penalty again.. AK leads the way again.. .brutal...

They better get their heads in this game quick.

Trade AK.

sigh... 3 for 3 on the powerplay... all because we can't win a single puck battle...

They better go back to the drawing board and figure out this Pitts PP.. they have to cover the high man shooter.. they are getting all kinds of time to shoot with traffic...

Put Price in to start the 3rd period. We need a rested Halak in game 2. This game could get ugly.

I agree.

Put Price in to start the 3rd period. We need a rested Halak in game 2. This game could get ugly.

Halak is not sharp, but it's not his fault.

He did what he did against Washington because he had a lot of support, tonight, not so much.

Halak is tired....but we cant pull him yet. Its only three goals. Put Price in if a fourth is scored.

Why though? He shouldn't be tired. He is 24 years old.

If he has the work ethic everybody says he does, why isn't he in fantastic shape?

Edited by Wamsley01

I agree, I hate to say it, but the K brothers experiment is now over, in my opinion.

Ak, even on his hattrick night hasn't shown any interest at all. He mails it in with the minimum. One can see that during an 82 game season , but this is the time to show what you'ver got. AK should be playing for the girls in the crowd back home.

SK , I'm not sure about yet; whether he'll be interested in playing or not. Mr G gave them every chance to get it on together and that should have motivated them. But...

I agree, I hate to say it, but the K brothers experiment is now over, in my opinion.

+1

I've been patient until now

You can't just throw all the hard work of your teammates down the river

Ak, even on his hattrick night hasn't shown any interest at all. He mails it in with the minimum. One can see that during an 82 game season , but this is the time to show what you'ver got. AK should be playing for the girls in the crowd back home.

SK , I'm not sure about yet; whether he'll be interested in playing or not. Mr G gave them every chance to get it on together and that should have motivated them. But...

I am done with Kovalev Lite as well

Why though? He shouldn't be tired. He is 24 years old.

If he has the work ethic everybody says he does, why isn't he in fantastic shape?

What do I know? it was an awfully emotional game in the 3rd.

Edited by Toronthab

I am done with Kovalev Lite as well

Now that you mention it, maybe not having Kovalev to lead is the big difference with the kid.

Bergeron is so casual and sloppy.

Now that you mention it, maybe not having Kovalev to lead is the big difference with the kid.

Bergeron is so casual and sloppy.

Unless Bergeron tees it up and lets it go he adds absoltely nothing and is a liablity.

Don't know what the habs can do on the PP without Markov though. Maybe play in SK with PK? PK and Bergeron really looked awkward together.

YES!!

Cammy!