Projected lines for Pittsburgh:

Left Wing Centre Right Wing Defence/Goalies
Kunitz Crosby Guerin* Orpik Gonchar
Ponikarovsky Malkin Dupuis Eaton Letang
Cooke Talbot Kennedy Leopold Goligoski
Rupp Adams Fedotenko Fleury Johnson

Other Notes:
Injuries: Staal
Scratches: Conner, Curry, Engelland, Godard, Jeffrey, Johnson, Letestu*, Lovejoy, Tangradi, Thiessen, Wagner, Wallace

Game time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: CBC,  RDS, Versus
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

dlbalr's 3 Keys to Success:
1) Mr. Momentum - The Habs have it somewhat after winning Game 2, use the loud Bell Centre crowd to your advantage.

2) Proactive adjustments - It's safe to say the Pens have adjusted their PP after going 0/3 Sunday.  The Habs better have made some tweaks also.

3) Pleky, where art thou?  The leading scorer in the season has struggled offensively this series (pretty sure I called that a while back) despite his linemate thriving.  He needs to get the offensive game going, Cammalleri can't keep up this pace forever.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope this goes better this time around.... don't want the Habs to waste the chance to head back to Pittsburgh with some wins under their belts. I expect a MUCH better game for Crosby and Malkin, so the Habs had better be prepared.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Of course, it was Plekanec picking off a Crosby pass that led to Cammalleri's second goal....

5 on 5, that line hasn't provided a lot, I agree. Cammalleri has been moved to Gomez-Gionta for the PP unit.

Although, come to think of it, isn't Plekanec getting Crosby head to head a lot? Crosby doesn't have a single point even strength so far, so maybe Plex is doing well.

Although, come to think of it, isn't Plekanec getting Crosby head to head a lot? Crosby doesn't have a single point even strength so far, so maybe Plex is doing well.

I needed to put something for #3, his offensive numbers are down. It worked for me...:)

I can't believe Adams never got two games for that brutal hit! Team Bettman is already down a centre, so the league office knew they had to do something to get the golden boy into the final again. His team can't be down two centres!

Big game.. I hope they come out flying and bury some quick ones past Fleury. He sucks, and if we get our feet moving early we can kill these guys. We don't have to win with the turtle move every game.

I watched the Bruins / Philly game and the biggest difference was that eveyone had their feet moving. The D were skating, getting the puck, and moving it to a winger moving. The habs are getting so static, even if the D get the puck the wingers are just standing there, leading to a dump out. I understand they were tired, but they have to get the feet moving again if they want to spend less time in their zone.

I can't believe Adams never got two games for that brutal hit! Team Bettman is already down a centre, so the league office knew they had to do something to get the golden boy into the final again. His team can't be down two centres!

I thought Team Bettman was Phoenix..

Let's hope this goes better this time around.... don't want the Habs to waste the chance to head back to Pittsburgh with some wins under their belts. I expect a MUCH better game for Crosby and Malkin, so the Habs had better be prepared.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

I have absolutely no idea what to expect for tonight

Ok great ... first Cooke takes out Savard from the B's and now he takes out our marky.

What are the chances of laps getting some b*** and ramming cooke's worthless being into the boards ?

I have a bad feeling that Bettman's conspiracy will haunt the habs tonite ( watch for them refs )

I have a bad feeling that Bettman's conspiracy will haunt the habs tonite ( watch for them refs )

Speaking of those refs, they are Kevin Pollock and Brad Watson. No Chris Lee, a step in the right direction already.

Speaking of those refs, they are Kevin Pollock and Brad Watson. No Chris Lee, a step in the right direction already.

So far we have one outta two ...

Bettman's clan includes C. Lee and M. Cooke

To note on the officials, the last game they did, the home team had 10 PP's (DET vs SJ). Suddenly I don't feel quite so good...

They supported a team named after a marine creature over an original six team. Not a good omen for tonight.

I am quietly optimistic :clap: :hlogo: :clap: But we do have to be careful about mr Sid tonight. Frustrating him is only fun as long as he continues not to score.

Guerin wasn't at the morning skate today for the Pens. Mark Letestu skated with the team in his spot, though the lines were jumbled somewhat. Guerin's now listed as a game time decision; Dupuis would likely move up to the Crosby line if Guerin can't play.

Happy to hear Price is working hard, and leading by example.

Ok really...this makes me look like a giant tool for defending SK...I rescind my earlier defense...

SK wasn't on the ice either.....................

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320542

PG ship 'em BOTH out

Sergei's going one way or the other, that much is a given. My bet is that it's to the KHL though, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a deal in place already.

Guerin I think will play tonight, sounds like it was just a recovery day for him.

Go Habs GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for this game and cant wait to see the Habs fans welcome in the Habs. They still ruined the introduction of the Habs when they switched the intro song. Its just not as exciting.

SK wasn't on the ice either.....................

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320542

PG ship 'em BOTH out

Wow. That is the first time I've ever read of Price holding teammates accountable. It usually seems to be the other way around. Good for Carey! Maybe the incredible internal leadership on this team is starting to rub off - which is EXACTLY the sort of dynamic Gainey had in mind when he signed all those new guys :clap:

Interesting to read Martin staunchly defending his belief in both Andrei Kostitsyn and Maxime Lapierre. :hlogo: For all that some people attack JM's handling of young(er) players, he clearly wants them to succeed. He just doesn't believe in shotcuts. Meanwhile, his silence vis-a-vis Sergei in that context speaks volumes.

Reading that piece, I'm not so sure that AK47 will be shipped out. But Sergei is clearly on borrowed time. If he doesn't show up in the KHL I guarantee you Burke will sign him. ^_^

Go Habs GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for this game and cant wait to see the Habs fans welcome in the Habs. They still ruined the introduction of the Habs when they switched the intro song. Its just not as exciting.

They brought Coldplay back for Game 6, I imagine it'll stay for this series.

Reading that piece, I'm not so sure that AK47 will be shipped out. But Sergei is clearly on borrowed time. If he doesn't show up in the KHL I guarantee you Burke will sign him. ^_^

The guy who paid an extra first round pick to avoid offer sheeting Kessel will offer sheet Sergei? If only we were so lucky...