GDT: Game 3, Habs vs Penguins

dlbalr

10 shots in the game.. .and we are in the 3rd period.. that is not going to get it done, especially when we are behind.

Right now it sounds like Halak is keeping them in the game ... can't win unless you start getting some chances.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 shots in the game.. .and we are in the 3rd period.. that is not going to get it done, especially when we are behind.

That's an embarassing total. Alot of the 10 are low percentage, from 60 feet away.

I have a bad feeling this is too little, too late tonight.

You can't play this style and expect to win every game getting 3 or 4 scoring chances. Not Pitts can play defensively and we suddenly have to change our game.. not easy.

Its one thing to turtle when you have the lead, its another to do it in a scoreless game.

We played a lot of good hockey tonight and then the guins got a little more comfortable. Similar to our game one there. Good team.

Why does JM always pull our goalie when we DONT have possession.

I'm not sure we ever had possession that period. Pretty disgusting, but I expect better next game. No way can they play that flat again.

Pittsburgh clears the zone with ease, at all times. They beat us to every puck. We just proved to the world that we've got a good goalie, and that's about it.

Why does JM always pull our goalie when we DONT have possession.

Adrenelin junkie!

Pittsburgh clears the zone with ease, at all times. They beat us to every puck. We just proved to the world that we've got a good goalie, and that's about it.

See bar.

and thats the game...

at some point, if we want to win, we have to start working on offense, skating, and energy. We played 10 great minutes of hockey, then you could see the decision made... start playing defensive turtle... all pitts after that. Now this has worked for us, but usually when we score a couple of times first.

this time it was Pitts.. they just played defensively until we stopped trying... then they waited for the PP.. scored one... then tightened it up. coaching adjustment.. they just played our game against us, except we took a total of 18 shots the entire game, 8 coming after we were behind.

I am sorry, but you are not going to win consistently playing this way.

The lack of playing the fourth line is hurting this team in the third. They look dead tired out there.

Just no energy at the end. They relied on the PP to get any scoring chances. They had more than a couple but Fleury was spectacular.

Pens found out how to win vs Halak... 25 shots or less !

That was tough to watch. Oh well. It's a game of inches (cliche I know) and Fleury was spectacular tonight. Of the shots the Habs had, many were very good scoring chances. Cammy and Plek totally robbed in the third.

This is all gravy for me now, and I am enjoying these games without a lot of expectation. AK had a great game. He didn't have any scoring chances, but he was a beast! I wonder if he would mind if SK left? Maybe it's a distraction for him too.

Who can't wait to see PK and Marky next year? Our own Keith and Seabrook. MAB can go bye bye. He has a pointshot. That is all. The rest of his game is frieghtening.

Fleury was good when he had to be, but that one save aside, I don't think that he was spectacular. The real credit goes to the Pens who blocked shots and got in the passing lanes every chance that they got. They played exceptionally well on defense.