GDT: Game 3, Habs vs Penguins

dlbalr

Wow. That is the first time I've ever read of Price holding teammates accountable. It usually seems to be the other way around. Good for Carey! Maybe the incredible internal leadership on this team is starting to rub off - which is EXACTLY the sort of dynamic Gainey had in mind when he signed all those new guys :clap:

Interesting to read Martin staunchly defending his belief in both Andrei Kostitsyn and Maxime Lapierre. :hlogo: For all that some people attack JM's handling of young(er) players, he clearly wants them to succeed. He just doesn't believe in shotcuts. Meanwhile, his silence vis-a-vis Sergei in that context speaks volumes.

Reading that piece, I'm not so sure that AK47 will be shipped out. But Sergei is clearly on borrowed time. If he doesn't show up in the KHL I guarantee you Burke will sign him. ^_^

Every interview I have read, every media report I have heard all note that Price has been working his ass off.

Work ethic is what separates the boys from the men.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every interview I have read, every media report I have heard all note that Price has been working his ass off.

Work ethic is what separates the boys from the men.

You make me feel so young!

PK PK PK!!

I have been very impressed with our play so far. We owned the first ten minutes. It was a reversal of our game in the Pits. The crowd and atmosphere must lighten our steps and add weight to theirs.

Great first period by our boys! We dominated that period. Kept the penguins to only 3 shots on net! Let's hope we can keep it up in the second.

If Only Camms or Lapierre could have scored on their opportunities!

Keeop shootin' boys, it'll go in soon enough!

Very impressive first period! The 4 lines played well. Strong shifts by the top 2 lines. Even the 4th line had 2 or 3 very good shifts. What a contrast from last game! Lapierre is disturbing the Pens. Got 1 penalty out of it, but at least I think it was worth it (most of all Pens didn't score).

Great first period by our boys! We dominated that period. Kept the penguins to only 3 shots on net! Let's hope we can keep it up in the second.

If Only Camms or Lapierre could have scored on their opportunities!

Keeop shootin' boys, it'll go in soon enough!

That was a simply wonderful period. Even AK looked a bit awake!

That was a simply wonderful period. Even AK looked a bit awake!

Yeah, AK used his body and except maybe one shift were he wasn't able to go to the bench to change, he played a good period.

That was a clinic. I love watching PK spin guys out of their shorts. Just don't get mad when he gets caught. He shouldn't really do it when he is last man back, but man he is good at that.

That was a clinic. I love watching PK spin guys out of their shorts. Just don't get mad when he gets caught. He shouldn't really do it when he is last man back, but man he is good at that.

I saw 2-3 times where the Pens began to anticipate it, now he needs to change speeds and start faking the spin.

Pittsburgh playing better in the 2nd?

I'm stuck in NJ and have no TV coverage (nobody carries Versus ...(, am depending on the nhl.com "realtime" scores and HW.

I'm stuck in NJ and have no TV coverage (nobody carries Versus ...(, am depending on the nhl.com "realtime" scores and HW.

They have had a couple of spurts, starting to push it a little bit more, Montreal still carrying the play.

Try Justin.tv

No computer feeds available ?

AK back on Plekanec's line! And what a shift! KEEP IT UP ANDREI!!

Nice to see. Maybe JM's positive comments freed him up a bit to play.

It's too weird, but Subban is helping me to not miss Markov so darned much!

Look how well we have been playing this game.

AMAZING!!!

As some of you guys pointed out, we have a lot to be happy about this year and especially now.

Les Canadiens have manned up better than anyone this year.

Excellent coaching plus quality personnel from Mr Gainey?

No computer feeds available ?

The hotel Internet connection is too slow to handle video feeds (as is pretty common in hotels).

Now listening to CJAD on the 'net ... much better than nothing!

Thanks ... unfortunately the hotel Internet connection is at best good for occasional still photos, separated by very long pauses.

argh.. sucks for you. at least do you listen to the internet radio feed?

It's too weird, but Subban is helping me to not miss Markov so darned much!

Look how well we have been playing this game.

AMAZING!!!

As some of you guys pointed out, we have a lot to be happy about this year and especially now.

Les Canadiens have manned up better than anyone this year.

Excellent coaching plus quality personnel from Mr Gainey?

Just too bad we didn't get to watch them both patrolling the blue line, with Spacek giving us more depth.

Instead we have to watch MAB flounder around.

The hotel Internet connection is too slow to handle video feeds (as is pretty common in hotels).

Now listening to CJAD on the 'net ... much better than nothing!

yeah..better than nothing =)