Travis Moen - Glen Metropolit - Tom Pyatt

Defence:
Hamrlik - Subbanator
Gill - Gorges
MAB - OB

Goaltender:
Halak

Pens Lineup:

*Will add later today, feel free to post in thread if you find out what it is/corrections to habs lineup.

Bars Surefire Three Keys To Victory!

1) Be Agressive on the PK and Forecheck, if you let Malkin and Gonchar sit back at the point with no active sticks, they will pick the habs apart. Pens have been open for PK scoring chances.

2) Better passing, stop hanging the D out to dry. The forwards need to cycle back to get the puck more, and stop expecting MAB and the other D to either carry the puck (in MABs case...dangerious), or make a long pass which would be interrupted.

3) Physical play, if Staal plays, go after him, nothing dirty, but really make him test his injury. I would like someone to grab Cooke and give him a lesson, he's becoming the most hated player for me. Edited by bar

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My keys to the game are to not kill the top-2 lines like in recent games. Let Darche play a couple of first period shifts at least, give him a chance to play and at the same time, you don't have to double shift Cammalleri et al on that line. The other is to better balance the D pairings with the forward unit on the ice, I don't want to see Gill/Gorges with the Plekanec trio unless they're designated as the shutdown unit. I'd prefer to see Hamrlik/Subban, players with some offensive abilities with the scoring lines, especially when it comes to the transition game.

Sergei Kostitsyn noticeably AWOL from practice this morning, the stupidity continues. Practice lines also in the link.

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles/ou-es...tsyn-13371.html

Not the most intelligent individual. He probably has already decided to head to the KHL,

because he is burning major bridges.

We are not talking about Bobby Clarke on the other side of this argument, it is Martin, Gauthier

and Gainey. Respected individuals who have been around the league forever.

Not the most intelligent individual. He probably has already decided to head to the KHL,

We are not talking about Bobby Clarke on the other side of this argument, it is Martin, Gauthier

Just reading from a CP article, Sergei was one of the last ones off the ice yesterday, pretty quick change of heart if he is indeed bolting.

Spacek doubtful for tonight, practicing with Maxwell on the 4th defence pairing. No, that's not a typo either.

Then maybe he'll be good to go for Saturday's game? :clap:

Sergei Kostitsyn noticeably AWOL from practice this morning, the stupidity continues. Practice lines also in the link.

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles/ou-es...tsyn-13371.html

RDS reported that Jacques Martin himself asked Sergei to practice in the gym.

RDS reported that Jacques Martin himself asked Sergei to practice in the gym.

That's still a pretty telling sign though, he's essentially saying, "I don't want you on the ice with the team."

Habs Lineup:

Forwards:

Michael Cammalleri - Tomas Plekanec - Andrei Kostitsyn

Benoit Pouliot - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta

Mathieu Darche - Dominic Moore - Maxime Lapierre

Travis Moen - Glen Metropolit - Tom Pyatt

Defence:

Hamrlik - Subbanator

Gill - Gorges

MAB - OB

Goaltender:

Halak

Judging by those more balanced lines, it looks like Jacques Martin will be using his 4 lines tonight.

The 4th line looks more like a 3rd to me, and vice versa.

We've got to wonder how Andrei will perform, and if his brother's attitude will have a negative impact on his play.

Three different Habs fans at my work have told me Spacek is ready to go and is in tonight. Anyone else hear this?

Pray with me now.

HIO definitively states that Spacek will not play tonight. As for PIT injuries, Guerin according to some skated after practice, suggesting he's doubtful, Bylsma says he's probable for Game 5. Mike Rupp (undisclosed) is questionable, as is Staal (game time decision). If Rupp/Staal/Guerin all can't go, my gut says Chris Conner will suit up for the Pens.

HIO definitively states that Spacek will not play tonight. As for PIT injuries, Guerin according to some skated after practice, suggesting he's doubtful, Bylsma says he's probable for Game 5. Mike Rupp (undisclosed) is questionable, as is Staal (game time decision). If Rupp/Staal/Guerin all can't go, my gut says Chris Conner will suit up for the Pens.

Getting pretty peeved about our injury situation. Two of our top-4 defencemen are out. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh's Staal somehow recovers from an injury that by rights should have axed him for the series. :angry: No ill will toward Staal, but I can't help but suffer a feeling of cosmic injustice over the Markov injury in particular. It's not fair, dammit!!!!

I really want the Habs to win tonight. Even though I believe that we are highly unlikely to win this series with Markov out, taking two games from the Cup champs should solidify the respect we earned by crushing the Caps. Going out in 5 makes it too easy for all the moron media 'experts' (and consequently, public opinion in general) to continue to dismss us as a team that fluked out thanks to miraculous goaltending. If we can't get a Cup out of this run, at least let us get some serious props. :hlogo:

You know it's not going to happen, but if the Habs could take out pitt, they would be facing a badly bruised bunch in Boston. Richards took out another forward yesterday. Go Habs.

Getting pretty peeved about our injury situation. Two of our top-4 defencemen are out. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh's Staal somehow recovers from an injury that by rights should have axed him for the series. :angry: No ill will toward Staal, but I can't help but suffer a feeling of cosmic injustice over the Markov injury in particular. It's not fair, dammit!!!!

I really want the Habs to win tonight. Even though I believe that we are highly unlikely to win this series with Markov out, taking two games from the Cup champs should solidify the respect we earned by crushing the Caps. Going out in 5 makes it too easy for all the moron media 'experts' (and consequently, public opinion in general) to continue to dismss us as a team that fluked out thanks to miraculous goaltending. If we can't get a Cup out of this run, at least let us get some serious props. :hlogo:

I fave the exact same thoughts on everything you said, but I do believe we can win if we play our best.

The Pittsburgh line up has been to the last 2 finals, and alot of there roster was at the olympics. I think fatigue and lack of motivation can work our way as long as we play patient and don't fall into there penalty drawing games. if we frustrate them enough I think there ego's will be there dimise. WE MUST BE SUPER DISCIPLINED. That will lead to goals via power play and defensive break downs on there part.

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!! :hlogo:

p.s we have HALAK

I fave the exact same thoughts on everything you said, but I do believe we can win if we play our best.

The Pittsburgh line up has been to the last 2 finals, and alot of there roster was at the olympics. I think fatigue and lack of motivation can work our way as long as we play patient and don't fall into there penalty drawing games. if we frustrate them enough I think there ego's will be there dimise. WE MUST BE SUPER DISCIPLINED. That will lead to goals via power play and defensive break downs on there part.

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!! :hlogo:

p.s we have HALAK

Can you really expect a 25,23,22 and 21 year old to be out of gas?

Those are the ages of Fleury, Malkin, Crosby and Staal. Add in Letang, Goligoski etc and

I wouldn't hold my breath on them running out of gas.

I could buy that argument with the Wings and Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk etc, not the Pens.

Can you really expect a 25,23,22 and 21 year old to be out of gas?

Those are the ages of Fleury, Malkin, Crosby and Staal. Add in Letang, Goligoski etc and

I wouldn't hold my breath on them running out of gas.

I could buy that argument with the Wings and Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk etc, not the Pens.

I meant for mentally tired and a lack of motivation due to all the recent success especially to Crosby. He just looks frustrated, not himself really. Maybe its just wishful thinking. Either way Go Habs go :hlogo:

Thanks dlbalr. HIO updated it just after I posted the question. :lol:

Too bad Spacy is out. But that's the situation.

No matter.

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien