P.K. Subban for Captain

bookworm

I think P.K. would make a great captain because he has a great attitude, supports his team-mates both on and off the ice, and has ice in his veins (nothing seems to rattle him).

Obviously it's too early now but at some point he would be an excellent choice...he kinda reminds of Johnathon Toews not in his style of play but in the way even though he's young it's like the rest of the team seems to already have faith that he's gonna do the right thing with the puck the majority of the time. He exudes confidence. His enthusiasm is infectious.

I haven't been this excited about a defenceman's start with Montreal since Chris Chelios.

He probably will be captain in a few years - but it's way too early, and it's not like we don't have other good candidates.

You gotta love it. 10 days ago people thought it was absurd to bring him up, now there

is a thread about him being captain. :clap:

I think P.K. would make a great captain because he has a great attitude, supports his team-mates both on and off the ice, and has ice in his veins (nothing seems to rattle him).

Obviously it's too early now but at some point he would be an excellent choice...he kinda reminds of Johnathon Toews not in his style of play but in the way even though he's young it's like the rest of the team seems to already have faith that he's gonna do the right thing with the puck the majority of the time. He exudes confidence. His enthusiasm is infectious.

I haven't been this excited about a defenceman's start with Montreal since Chris Chelios.

Right on! he'll make a great captain, no doubt about it. Just a question of time.

4 min into last night's game PK was already -2 and almost made it -3 when Malkin stripped him while he was trying to do a half-spin move 15ft from his own net ... while being forechecked ... as the last man back.

It turned out fine and Halak shut the door stopping 33/33 after that, but come on guys, give this guy a chance to grow into the game before you "Price" him out his confidence or his job.

4 min into last night's game PK was already -2 and almost made it -3 when Malkin stripped him while he was trying to do a half-spin move 15ft from his own net ... while being forechecked ... as the last man back.

It turned out fine and Halak shut the door stopping 33/33 after that, but come on guys, give this guy a chance to grow into the game before you "Price" him out his confidence or his job.

He was -1... you don't get a minus for a PP goal against.

He was -1... you don't get a minus for a PP goal against.

And his minus was a result of Fedetenko wrapping his arms around his ankle and tripping him.

A ridiculous non call that should have resulted in a powerplay, not a minus.

And his minus was a result of Fedetenko wrapping his arms around his ankle and tripping him.

A ridiculous non call that should have resulted in a powerplay, not a minus.

Yep, although when Malkin stripped that puck from him in the 1st and got a quick shot off, that was kind of scary. P.K. was definitely shook up a bit early, probably because of the non-call. That being said, I have no idea how he missed the puck just prior to getting tackled.

Wow, people are already expecting a point-per-game and the captaincy on Subban. I wonder who the next poor soul will be to have a crushing set of expectations thrust upon them.

Then we'll boo him if he doesn't win the Norris trophy next season

Yep, although when Malkin stripped that puck from him in the 1st and got a quick shot off, that was kind of scary. P.K. was definitely shook up a bit early, probably because of the non-call. That being said, I have no idea how he missed the puck just prior to getting tackled.

He needs to start faking the spin-o-rama, it has become too predictable.

If players are forced to guess and made to look foolish a couple of times, they will

stop anticipating it.

You gotta love it. 10 days ago people thought it was absurd to bring him up, now there

is a thread about him being captain. :clap:

Quite a vindication for the bringeruppers. I saw him once in the Hammer this year and could see he had talent , but I had no idea at all if he was NHL ready. He didn't dazzle that night and I don't watch the game intelligently enough usually to make judgments like that.

He has truly been a wonder up here, and at 20 he still believes in the dream. Seems a terrific kid.

Gionta and Gorges are my favourite candidates.

Without having a lot of reasons for it, I could see Gomez, Gionta, Camallerri, Markov, Pleks the homegrown wonderkid, with an "A" for Gorges. I think its pretty much the room that dictates this decision and often a coach just puts the official stamp on it.

Without having a lot of reasons for it, I could see Gomez, Gionta, Camallerri, Markov, Pleks the homegrown wonderkid, with an "A" for Gorges. I think its pretty much the room that dictates this decision and often a coach just puts the official stamp on it.

I actually would add Gill to that list too - in some other thread there was talk about his being really vocal if something needed to be said, and I think Gorges could totally be a C...

Isn't it great that we have so many ppl who COULD be, who are worthy of it??

And PK, in a few years - like 7 years or something. Let him grow and mature with as little pressure as possible, which is already waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much in this city.

It has to be Josh G.

Even Cherry said so...

Agreed! Josh Gorges is perfect captain material! He deserves it!