Any news on Spacek?

We could really use him in the lineup!

With how they're playing now I would go..

Gorges - Gill

Subban - Hammer

OB - Spacek

and put Berg on the 4th line.

Guest Syn

Would be nice to have him back as he was pretty good in the games he did play during the Washington series... but I don't think the team is really missing him, the D has been pretty solid.

Permanent injury. Long-term IR. Retirement. Extra cap space next year.

Please?

EDIT: I don't actually want him hurt... just a little imbalance for another year and a bit? Like a little too much drink! A pleasant imbalance!

Edited by Colin

Please?

EDIT: I don't actually want him hurt... just a little imbalance for another year and a bit? Like a little too much drink! A pleasant imbalance!

he's 36

Please?

I noted in my HW Recap (which I know you're an avid reader of, Colin :lol:) that Spacek can't come off the cap for the reason noted below.

he's 36

Despite that, he can still qualify for LTIR - if he comes back next year and the virus hits again, they could put him on there. They'd still have to pay him though (or out of insurance at least).

An update from CBC:

Spacek has been skating with his teammates for over a week, and every time he is on the ice he appears to be going at full speed. Yet everyday, and Friday was no different, Martin says Spacek can't go.

"Spacek is skating more," Martin said. "I think it's improving, but he's not quite ready yet. "It's been widely reported that Spacek is suffering from an inner ear problem that causes him to get dizzy on the ice, but the Canadiens have only said he is suffering from a "virus."

Here's hoping his condition improves overnight, we could surely use him, though we'd obviously have to keep our expectations tempered quite a bit. If nothing else, Darche's performance last night means that we should be comfortable with the forwards, even if Bergeron can't be moved into his spot.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup...ing-return.html

Despite that, he can still qualify for LTIR - if he comes back next year and the virus hits again, they could put him on there. They'd still have to pay him though (or out of insurance at least).

This.

A labyrinthit (don't know if it is the proper name in english) is not a serious condition, but it takes time to treat and, meanwhile, an athlete is in no condition to compete, that's for sure. Let's hope that he will be ready for Monday night. I think that he would be a big plus on defense. We would play Bergeron on the 4th line on the PP, where he belongs. For the first time of the year, Spacek would play on his natural side, where he is more comfortable, either with O'Byrne or Subban. I would love to see that.

Let's hope for a victory tonight. It would be fun to watch the game at Mtl Monday with the Penguins facing elimination.

From Habsinsideout

The Canadiens could count on the return of defenceman Jaroslav Spacek for Game 6 of their Eastern Conference semifinal against the Penguins on Monday night. He said Sunday that he is "pretty close to playing," and hopes that he will see action on Monday.

In other news, injured defencemen Andrei Markov and Paul Mara skated on Sunday, but there was still no news on when, or if, Markov could return in the postseason.

It's encouraging to see Mara skating, though he's still a while away. No quit in these boys, getting prepped until the very end, which hopefully is a lot further away than just 24 hours or so.

It'll be interesting to see if Gill can go or not, some of the media (ie: SNET) has proclaimed him out but I've yet to find any distinct evidence that he's a no go. He's back in Montreal and was walking around okay yesterday. Perhaps he'd be confined to a lesser role (16-18 instead of 22-24 mins) but something tells me he'll be in too.

It's encouraging to see Mara skating, though he's still a while away. No quit in these boys, getting prepped until the very end, which hopefully is a lot further away than just 24 hours or so.

It'll be interesting to see if Gill can go or not, some of the media (ie: SNET) has proclaimed him out but I've yet to find any distinct evidence that he's a no go. He's back in Montreal and was walking around okay yesterday. Perhaps he'd be confined to a lesser role (16-18 instead of 22-24 mins) but something tells me he'll be in too.

My gut thinks we'll see Gill before Spacek or Mara, but that's based on absolutely nothing. :)

My gut thinks we'll see Gill before Spacek or Mara, but that's based on absolutely nothing. :)

Depends on which line PIT starts with tomorrow as to whether we'll see Gill or Spacek first, there's my fence-sitting prediction...:)

I know we look awful on paper but if we can only get one of them back, I'd totally take Gill over Spacek (that's assuming Markov's not an option at all)... Which is a testament to how much Gill's proven himself in these playoffs - him and Gorges have been something else!

I know on paper spacek is better, but really I agree that we haven't missed him all that much - of course, maybe it's cuz he's not playing his side...

I know we look awful on paper but if we can only get one of them back, I'd totally take Gill over Spacek (that's assuming Markov's not an option at all)... Which is a testament to how much Gill's proven himself in these playoffs - him and Gorges have been something else!

I know on paper spacek is better, but really I agree that we haven't missed him all that much - of course, maybe it's cuz he's not playing his side...

If both play, there's a good chance Spacek would move back to his natural side (which may be unnatural considering he's been on his wrong side all year):

Hamrlik - Subban

Gill - Gorges

Spacek - O'Byrne

Bergeron dresses as a 7th D/12th forward, PP duty primarily.

At least Spacek will finally get to play on his natural side. :P

Without Markov AND Gill, we're toast.