GDT: Game 5: Montreal vs Pittsburgh

dlbalr

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he won ONE battle for the puck this playoffs, what a waste of talent

HAHAH! I don't think he showed up for a battle. ! :blink:

On to Montreal les amis!

Time to Fan Up!!

just not enough offense, and a lot of sloppy play at both ends. They look tired and with Spacek, Markov, and now maybe Gil out, they just look to be out of gas.

Frankly, they need some luck here, maybe another crap game by Fleury. Let's hope they can regroup for Monday and get some early bounces.

If Gil can't go, I have no idea what they do, unless Spacek can come back in.

Well guys, that game was there for us, lots of rebounds from Fleury but we could never get our sticks on them. Disappointing, but live to fight another day, take it one game at a time and hopefully bring it back to Pitt for another Game 7.

Well guys, that game was there for us, lots of rebounds from Fleury but we could never get our sticks on them. Disappointing, but live to fight another day, take it one game at a time and hopefully bring it back to Pitt for another Game 7.

A win on Monday night is all it takes to get to that game 7.

It looked like we didn't get a lot of bounces tonight (though I only saw the first period at home, and then the end of the third at the airport), but we looked pretty good, I thought. And I'm happy with the late goal, even though it wasn't enough -- it took away a possible second SO from Fleury, and psychologically a far better outcome than 2-0 (or 3-0 with an EN).

Will be following game 6 on CJAD and HW from London, unless the hotel has a miraculously good Internet connection.

just not enough offense, and a lot of sloppy play at both ends. They look tired and with Spacek, Markov, and now maybe Gil out, they just look to be out of gas.

Frankly, they need some luck here, maybe another crap game by Fleury. Let's hope they can regroup for Monday and get some early bounces.

If Gil can't go, I have no idea what they do, unless Spacek can come back in.

They're doing awfully well under the circumstances but we sure could use Gill. Gill was out in civies after treatment. So...his tendons are ok, probably, and he was probably stitched up. I bet 18 cents that he's in next game.

Media coverage just make me sick.

This morning it sounds in the papers and everywhere that they are out

and cannot be back.

CBC is covering Pittsburg as their canadian team, you can almost heat them

high five when Pens score.

Habs are not dead they just smell funny and with Halk they can win Monday,

yesterday the bounces were not there.

And Letang is a hot dog i just hate this guy.

Media coverage just make me sick.

This morning it sounds in the papers and everywhere that they are out

and cannot be back.

CBC is covering Pittsburg as their canadian team, you can almost heat them

high five when Pens score.

Habs are not dead they just smell funny and with Halk they can win Monday,

yesterday the bounces were not there.

And Letang is a hot dog i just hate this guy.

We had excellent chances in the first. THey were game changers if they went in. THe Guins had two excellent shots from the point that didn't have to go in. We were also tired.

And we are returning to Montreal where our appreciation will help lift them. Sure hope Gill is good to go.

Malkin may be playing really well but Crosby's best effort on the night was racing down the ice for that empty netter. Cindy has been a dud this series which is a great sign for us.

Malkin may be playing really well but Crosby's best effort on the night was racing down the ice for that empty netter. Cindy has been a dud this series which is a great sign for us.

That was honestly my favourite part of last night's game. Pleks, Gill & Gorges have done great work shutting him down.

Malkin also has a habit of showing up every 4 games... so let him take 2 games off now. Crosby is always a dud under pressure. He wasn't that great last year, he wasn't very good at the olympics, and now he is sucking in the 2nd round.

This team needs to come out hard and get a lead on Monday. We win game 6 and all the pressure is on the Pens. The only problem we have is scoring. We can't wait until we are down to try to score. Our system works best with a lead.

This team needs to come out hard and get a lead on Monday. We win game 6 and all the pressure is on the Pens. The only problem we have is scoring. We can't wait until we are down to try to score. Our system works best with a lead.

I agree, I'll go as far as to say we need one in the first ten minutes tomorrow to keep the offensive confidence going. They had a decent game offensively yesterday, a good start will keep them pressuring...on second thought, that goes against the key to success, score early and let Halak win it. Either way, we need to score early. :)

I agree, I'll go as far as to say we need one in the first ten minutes tomorrow to keep the offensive confidence going. They had a decent game offensively yesterday, a good start will keep them pressuring...on second thought, that goes against the key to success, score early and let Halak win it. Either way, we need to score early. :)

I pray for divine intervention resulting in SKost getting back in the line-up to provide an offensive spark and motivate his brother.

I pray for divine intervention resulting in SKost getting back in the line-up to provide an offensive spark and motivate his brother.

It's something I just wrote about in the HW Recap (and I mean just) - does the slight offensive upgrade he'd provide justify angering the players who are upset with his behaviour? To me, not in a million years, I'd rather have 1 unhappy player than 10 (players who want nothing to do with him).

Just a thought...

Do you think if S.Kost were to walk into the dressing room and say.. Hey, I know I messed up, I'm sorry, now let me help us win a couple games... would the vets respond to it or just ignore it.

Because i think he'd be an offensive upgrade and help put a little spark in A.Kost's skates!

Just a thought...

Do you think if S.Kost were to walk into the dressing room and say.. Hey, I know I messed up, I'm sorry, now let me help us win a couple games... would the vets respond to it or just ignore it.

Because i think he'd be an offensive upgrade and help put a little spark in A.Kost's skates!

Professional hockey is a little, no.. a lot freaky. 82 games to play. Who can care? How long does a game remain a game when you're bagged after 23 games with one every 2nd or 3rd day? And we fans are voracious and money doesn't make much difference. It's a job. It's not inspiring. It's not fun a lot of nights I would imagine.

So its tough to be a Russian kid adjusting to the system; the business. With a bit of extra talent and ego, we get friction.

It would take, insofar as possible in a young prima donna, quite an act of maturity for him to have the humility to march in, apologize sincerely and ask to be given the chance to do his best.

We are in this circumstance because he is not inclined towards such acts. It's an imperfect world of idiots like me who want a reasonable schedule AND three games per week on RDS and he has to conform to expectations one day; here or there or at McDonalds.

Everyone would welcome a sincere response from him should it be there , but it is quite unlikely to appear. Too bad he's not having more fun.

Hey guys...I didn't get to see the game cause of the UFC PPV, (by the way Montreal rocks)...I was wondering if I could just a quick summary of the game, how the habs played?

Habs couldn't score. Had a few chances in the first, not much after that. Pleks is still a little school girl. AK46 nothing. The checking line, Gionta Gomez, Cammi were pretty good but couldn't finish.

Defense and Halak good as usual.

Malkin also has a habit of showing up every 4 games... so let him take 2 games off now. Crosby is always a dud under pressure. He wasn't that great last year, he wasn't very good at the olympics, and now he is sucking in the 2nd round.

This is filled with so much bias and hate it isn't even funny. Playing well is not about points, it is about doing things on

the ice that 90% of people do not notice. Malkin and Ovechkin contribute almost nothing when they are not scoring

the same cannot be said for Sidney Crosby. Crosby battles along the boards on every play, he backchecks as ferociously

as he plays in the offensive zone. The Canadiens have set up a game plan to negate him specifically, that is what teams

do to the best player in the league.

Same thing in the Stanley Cup Finals last season when he went head to head with Zetterberg,

Datysuk, Lidstrom and Stewart. Babcock decided that he was the big threat, not Malkin.

He was the best player on a Memorial Cup Final team, a World Junior Champion team, a Stanley Cup Finalist

and Stanley Cup champion AND the Gold medal Canadian Olympic hockey team.

A dud under pressure?

He has played every game since he was 13 years old under the pressure of Wayne Gretzky saying he

could break all his records. He has been targeted in the Q and the NHL for EVERY GAME he has played

since he entered each league.

Yet by 22 has done EVERYTHING you possibly can in professional hockey.

Scoring title? check. MVP? check. Goal scoring title? check. World Junior title? check. Olympic title? check.

Stanley Cup? check. He also has 80 points in 57 career playoff games.

I am sure that the response is he had 3 points in the Stanley Cup finals in 2009, proving the point while glossing

over one of the biggest goals in Canadian history (and he didn't have a bad tourney, he was 2nd in goals

scored and 4th in points) or the fact that in Game 7 against Ovechkin had 2 goals and an assist and 9 points in

the final 5 games to help bring the Pens back from 2-0.

Drop the hate and bias, it is ridiculous. The guy is a whiner, who gives a shit, so was Gretzky.

Whatever..

Its not just my opinion, the entire Pitts press is asking why Crosby can't score or even set up much. He is not useless. He does work hard, etc, but the fact remains he needs to step up if pitts is going to repeat.

I guess you love Crosby as much as you love Price, but that doesn't change the facts..

1. Crosby whines constantly.

2. Crosby was not the best player for Pitts last year, it was Malkin by a mile.

3. Crosby has been quite silent in this series. Even in the last game, it was Malkin who ultimately stepped up for the Pens.

4. Crosby got one goal in the entire medal round of the playoffs. The winner. Perhaps if he was willing to battle on the boards for the previous 4 games we would not have needed an overtime winner.

Now I always give Crosby the benefit that he is targeted and covered. All the best players are. The difference is that the top players find a way to break through. Gretzky come to mind. He was shadowed constantly, but you just couldn't stop him. Same with Mario.

I am still waiting for Crosby to truely mature and breakthrough. I thought it was this season because he was scoring like crazy, and he did well with Ottawa. But as soon as the game really tightened up, he turned into a baby again.

People have often said that if you blame the refs, it becomes an excuse. Perhaps Crosby should stop whining after every whistle and just focus on scoring. Well.. maybe next year, I am fine with him struggling to score, again this year.

This is filled with so much bias and hate it isn't even funny. Playing well is not about points, it is about doing things on

the ice that 90% of people do not notice. Malkin and Ovechkin contribute almost nothing when they are not scoring

the same cannot be said for Sidney Crosby. Crosby battles along the boards on every play, he backchecks as ferociously

as he plays in the offensive zone. The Canadiens have set up a game plan to negate him specifically, that is what teams

do to the best player in the league.

Same thing in the Stanley Cup Finals last season when he went head to head with Zetterberg,

Datysuk, Lidstrom and Stewart. Babcock decided that he was the big threat, not Malkin.

He was the best player on a Memorial Cup Final team, a World Junior Champion team, a Stanley Cup Finalist

and Stanley Cup champion AND the Gold medal Canadian Olympic hockey team.

A dud under pressure?

He has played every game since he was 13 years old under the pressure of Wayne Gretzky saying he

could break all his records. He has been targeted in the Q and the NHL for EVERY GAME he has played

since he entered each league.

Yet by 22 has done EVERYTHING you possibly can in professional hockey.

Scoring title? check. MVP? check. Goal scoring title? check. World Junior title? check. Olympic title? check.

Stanley Cup? check. He also has 80 points in 57 career playoff games.

I am sure that the response is he had 3 points in the Stanley Cup finals in 2009, proving the point while glossing

over one of the biggest goals in Canadian history (and he didn't have a bad tourney, he was 2nd in goals

scored and 4th in points) or the fact that in Game 7 against Ovechkin had 2 goals and an assist and 9 points in

the final 5 games to help bring the Pens back from 2-0.

Drop the hate and bias, it is ridiculous. The guy is a whiner, who gives a shit, so was Gretzky.