GDT: Game 6, Pittsburgh vs Montreal

dlbalr

Gomez has been on the ice a ton with Crosby as well. The reason Crosby scored is because he was on against MAB, for the first time, and for the first time, was alone in the slot to score. If Gill was there, no goal. They switched to Subban and Crosby was useless again.

I am disappointed with Pleks play based on his play, not his points. I see him avoiding the slot again, like he did last year. Now, if he wants to be Staal, ie, a 3rd line shut down guy, then he is doing great. Unfortunately, we are about to sign him to first /second line money based on offense. That scares me a bit as I was hoping to see him performing better in the playoffs. Now if we win tomorrow, he still has plenty of time to get back on track.

AK's struggles are well documented, as are Pouliot. I give Pouliot some slack, he is still young and there is time to fix him. AK has no excuse, imo. If he doesn't have a major turn around, I would pack him and his brother off in the summer.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AK's struggles are well documented, as are Pouliot. I give Pouliot some slack, he is still young and there is time to fix him. AK has no excuse, imo. If he doesn't have a major turn around, I would pack him and his brother off in the summer.

Agreed, but last game was an example of what's so frustrating about AK - he was a force out there, including that terrific hit on Staal. Note, too, that Martin seems to believe in AK. I would not be a bit surprised if the Habs retain AK while shipping out the baby.

Gomez has been on the ice a ton with Crosby as well. The reason Crosby scored is because he was on against MAB, for the first time, and for the first time, was alone in the slot to score. If Gill was there, no goal. They switched to Subban and Crosby was useless again.

I am disappointed with Pleks play based on his play, not his points. I see him avoiding the slot again, like he did last year. Now, if he wants to be Staal, ie, a 3rd line shut down guy, then he is doing great. Unfortunately, we are about to sign him to first /second line money based on offense. That scares me a bit as I was hoping to see him performing better in the playoffs. Now if we win tomorrow, he still has plenty of time to get back on track.

He has 10 pts in 13 games, while playing a mostly defensive system due to the teams we've played (Offensive juggernauts), I think without him, our PK was not as stellar vs. the caps first round. He's not getting first line PP duties like he was during the regular season, so there goes pts from that.

Chris Lee and McCreary are refereeing the Canucks game tonight.. so I guess it's a great thing!?? They won't officiate tomorrow, won't they? :ninja:

Hmm.. any former Habs on those teams that should be concerned?

I know I would really appreciate a 6th first goal of the game in these playoffs by our # 13 ...

Pro golfers always assume the other player will make the twenty foot birdie put so they don't get too disappointed.

I can hardly believe that I get to cheer for les glorieux ce soir in game seven.

Holy Mary mother of God, pray for our players now and at the hour of their death, amen.

Go Habs Go!!! :clap::clap:

The key to tonite is that hopefully nobody slept with the refs wives.

Also, the first 10 mins pitt will come out hard and if we can pot the first we should be good.

Edited by jrhabs

The key to this team as always is how many goals they will score. If they score 3-4 goals they have an excellent chance. If thye score 2 or less the Penguins will win.

The key to tonite is that hopefully nobody slept with the refs wives.

Also, the first 10 mins pitt will come out hard and if we can pot the first we should be good.

Agreed! The Penguins will come out strong in the first 10 minutes. If we can weather the storm and actually score a goal in the 1st period, we should have a good chance of winning this game!