GDT: Game 7, Montreal vs Pittsburgh

dlbalr

What....a.....game! I can't be happier!

I don't care who the Habs play, I hate both the Bruins and Flyers.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he's consistent...whining on the ice and off the ice. What a game, so proud of this team.

Though I don't want to derail the thread, I'll quickly mention that Montreal's ECHL affiliate became the first team to ever battle back from a 3-0 series deficit, after shutting out Reading 1-0 tonight. Robert Mayer, who was up with the Habs earlier this season, got the shutout.

3 lines scored tonight, talk about getting balanced scoring at the right time. HW's 3 Stars are now up on the main page, gotta get the plug in. :) Sorry about the delay, wanted to make this article a little longer.

Cool thank you.

Great article

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2056

You're right mentioning that 3on 4 penalty kill to start the 3rd. Was a crucial moment. Halak really saved the game in the 2nd half. Again tonight, 35+ shot.. Halak is unbeatable!!

Best part about this. I will be in Montreal on the long weekend and with a game 7 looming

between the Flyers and Bruins, I will have the opportunity to empty my wallet to see a game!

Subban, the rookie sets up the first and Moore. Moore has 2 critical goals for us.

Best part about this. I will be in Montreal on the long weekend and with a game 7 looming

between the Flyers and Bruins, I will have the opportunity to empty my wallet to see a game!

Fortune smiles upon you.

Up until 30 minutes ago, I loved what I saw, but in the back of my mind, i didn't think our boys could actually pull it off agains ther best two teams in the league. As of this moment, I BELIEVE!!! I BELIEVE!!!

Last time the habs made it this far I was 17 years old. I'm 34 today, that's Half my life. Tonight is a fvc.king great night!

I believe, we can do this! This team is gelling at the right moment!!!

Car hons are blaring throughout the city!!!! It's a beautiful thing, but it ain't over yet! We need to beat either the Pooh Bears of teh Flyers!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, he's totally been worth the 2nd rnd pick. I doubt many would disagree now. ^_^

Speaking of picks, I mentioned this the other day in a thread that's since gone quiet - our draft picks now move to 27th in each round from 15th. Small price to pay to move on though I think.

The most encouraging part of that series was the Habs didn't play the rope a dope after the 2nd game.

They skated with the Pens and outplayed them for huge portions of the series. And with everything on the line

tonight they dominated for 26 minutes. The Pens didn't know what hit them.

Halak was huge in the 3rd.

Speaking of picks, I mentioned this the other day in a thread that's since gone quiet - our draft picks now move to 27th in each round from 15th. Small price to pay to move on though I think.

We'll pay it gladly :D

Me think no want play Rask.

Subban, the rookie sets up the first and Moore. Moore has 2 critical goals for us.

Subban has been absolutely CRITICAL. Without him chewing up those minutes - and playing supremely well with them - I doubt we could have survived the loss of Markov against these Pens.

How about that, eh? We beat THE DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPS...WITHOUT MARKOV.

Put that in your pipes and smoke it, Sid.

Caps and Pens took the Habs lightly even unto Game 7.

The thing is, those days are now over. Neither the Bruins or the Flyers will take us lightly or fall into our gameplan.

The most encouraging part of that series was the Habs didn't play the rope a dope after the 2nd game.

They skated with the Pens and outplayed them for huge portions of the series. And with everything on the line

tonight they dominated for 26 minutes. The Pens didn't know what hit them.

Halak was huge in the 3rd.

That's true. Good observation.

If someone had told me on the morning of Monday April 12 that the Habs were gonna knock off the Presidents Trophy winner and the defending Stanley Cup champions in consecutive 7-game series, I would not have believed them.

:wub: :hlogo:

The thing is, those days are now over. Neither the Bruins or the Flyers will take us lightly or fall into our gameplan.

That's non sense.. like if the gameplan of the 16th playoff seed could take out the - by-far - league's champions, and last year Stanley Cup winner.. What the Habs did is above understanding.

Subban has been absolutely CRITICAL. Without him chewing up those minutes - and playing supremely well with them - I doubt we could have survived the loss of Markov against these Pens.

All you guys calling for the kid, sure got your wish fulfilled. Talk about a Cinderella story...OK< the same thing but .for guys..

How does this kid come out and play 29 minutes in game 6 ???

Is this real life?

And you didn't want him up ^_^

Even though I called the Habs in 7, this is still amazing.

At what point does one stop waiting for the other shoe to fall and just BELIEVE?

I'm so proud of this team.

WOW! This is absolutely stunning. I can't say enough about the heart and character these players have. Gorges, Gill, Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Spacek, Moen, Moore, Lapierre, the list goes on!

I am so proud of this team and can't wait to see them in the Conference finals for (realistically) the first time in my life, 8 years old and under aside.

If someone had told me on the morning of Monday April 12 that the Habs were gonna knock off the Presidents Trophy winner and the defending Stanley Cup champions in consecutive 7-game series, I would not have believed them.

:wub: :hlogo:

I'm STILL working on it! :clap::clap:

That still blows my mind.

Ya, no matter who the Habs face theres definitely going to be fights next round.

dlbalr's right aboot the pics.

The Habs better win the Cup this year because either way a lot of players will want big raises so they might as well go all the way. Thats why having Cammy and Gio already locked up for years is looking great right now. Not sure aboot you but I could definitely get used to this. ;)

So awesome too, its 09/10 season so that another reason why they must win it all, its the last year to continue the tradition of wining every decade.

WOW! This is absolutely stunning. I can't say enough about the heart and character these players have. Gorges, Gill, Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Spacek, Moen, Moore, Lapierre, the list goes on!

I am so proud of this team and can't wait to see them in the Conference finals for (realistically) the first time in my life, 8 years old and under aside.

Thank you BOB GAINEY

Thank you Jacques Martin

Ya, no matter who the Habs face theres definitely going to be fights next round.

dlbalr's right aboot the pics.

The Habs better win the Cup this year because either way a lot of players will want big raises so they might as well go all the way. Thats why having Cammy and Gio already locked up for years is looking great right now. Not sure aboot you but I could definitely get used to this. ;)

So awesome too, its 09/10 season so that another reason why they must win it all, its the last year to continue the tradition of wining every decade.

I think this is the first season of the next decade. 1990-99. 2000-2009. 2010-2019 etc.

Oh, By the way. In case some of you had forgotten. After game 2, Kris Letang had said that if this series weent to seven games, they would beat us and crush us so badley, that we would have nothiing left in the tank.

To Kris Letang I say: Screw you, you arrogant basatard! You didn't think the Habs coulod beat you! Eat some crow!