GDT: Game 7, Montreal vs Pittsburgh

dlbalr

Pittsburgh might want to consider moving Staal and getting some wingers. Just a thought.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Still can't believe it. :hlogo: :hlogo:

Did we just finish off the Guins after capping the Caps? Nawwww!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be willing to do Staal for the Kosts Bros.. ROFL

Pittsburgh might want to consider moving Staal and getting some wingers. Just a thought.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Still can't believe it. :hlogo: :hlogo:

Just got in from a suburban bar, needless to say, it's off the hook, crazy. I feel good for Bob Gainey and Jacques Martin. Two people who have taken alot of heat. I'm old enough to remember 93 and 86, this is getting amazing!!

It feels like bad karma to want opponent X or Y at this stage. But if I had to analyze it, I would say that the Habs' entire game plan has been based on opportunistic scoring and that it's a lot easier to achieve that when the opposing goalie is weak. On that basis, I'd want Philly. And do you really want Lucic in the semi-finals? But either of those teams is gonna be tough.

Agreed. I remember cheering for the Flyers to knock off the Caps only to watch the Flyers knock us out in 5.

Im late but ...............

fghaogakerbghv oerhglbhgtlsby;panjhyptjy^pnj^sjkmnya`snka;`skmàsmka^`mksy^`hlgfnbfdgevschjzb

I live downtown and it's crazy now

161cjgi.gif

Agreed. I remember cheering for the Flyers to knock off the Caps only to watch the Flyers knock us out in 5.

Yeh, me too. I'm not gonna worry about which team, because anything can happen in the playoffs. Both teams have different strengths and weaknesses.

I'm just happy we're moving on. :)

Just got in from a suburban bar, needless to say, it's off the hook, crazy. I feel good for Bob Gainey and Jacques Martin. Two people who have taken alot of heat. I'm old enough to remember 93 and 86, this is getting amazing!!

I'm with you, brother. I don't wanna jump the gun, but this is definitely getting that 1993 feeling :hlogo:

Gainey and Martin deserve HEAPS of praise. The Pens had 14 giveaways tonight. The Habs: 0. That is simply outstanding.

Wamsley, you'll appreciate this - a guy on Habs I/O just argued that this season turned when #33 came home and stepped onto Habs ice that night in December. :lol: The ghosts are BACK!

ALL YOU YOUNG'UNS: THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE A MONTREAL CANADIENS FAN.

Savour every last moment.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I'm with you, brother. I don't wanna jump the gun, but this is definitely getting that 1993 feeling :hlogo:

Gainey and Martin deserve HEAPS of praise. The Pens had 14 giveaways tonight. The Habs: 0. That is simply outstanding.

Wamsley, you'll appreciate this - a guy on Habs I/O just argued that this season turned when #33 stepped onto habs ice that night in December. :lol: The ghosts are BACK!

0 giveaways... that's ridiculous.

Wamsley, you'll appreciate this - a guy on Habs I/O just argued that this season turned when #33 came home and stepped onto Habs ice that night in December. :lol: The ghosts are BACK!

YES!!! Exorcising the demons! The curse of St. Patrick no more!

0 giveaways... that's ridiculous.

Does the official game sheet list the assist for the official on the first Pens goal?

I still can't believe how useless Gonchar was for the Pens tonight. He was horrid on that Moen goal (as was pretty much every other Pens guy on the ice).

Ahhh, I'm such a happy camper. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Great game, great series. Let's keep it up. Bring on the B's/Flyers!

Edited by huzer

Good night all! I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Good night. A good night indeed!

I still don't beleive it.

And in Philly!

Edited by Toronthab

Gonchar was horrible indeed. He seem still under the effect of AK's bodycheck. BTW, AK was brilliant on Cammy's goal. Very nice forecheck to win the puck. VERY NICE AK!

What has Letang said?

And is there a place to see that Crosby interview yet?

After the Habs won game #2, Letang said that if this series went to 7 games, the Habs would simply have nothing left in the tank because the Pens were gonna hit us and destroy us in the boards. It sounded arrogant of him and tonight, he(Letang) is feeling like shit, and I love it!

Edited by Habsfan

After the Habs won game #2, Letang said tha tif this series went to 7 games, the Habs would simply have nothing left in the tank because the Pens were gonna hit us and destroy us in the boards. It sounded arrogant of him and tonight, he(Letang) is feeling like shit, and I love it!

He should have shut his mouth. When you think about it, if there was a team who looked tired on the ice, it certainly was not the Habs.

I'm with you, brother. I don't wanna jump the gun, but this is definitely getting that 1993 feeling

Sorry dude, I disagree. IN 1993, all the good teams were taken out by other teams (Pitts, Boston) the Habs kinda had it easy that year.

This year, we just took out the 2 best teams in the NHL!!!

This feeling is better!

Was watching the game at a All-Habs bar downtown Toronto (yes it does exist...the name: Kilgour's)...I was on CBC toronto, CTV toronto, and was interviewed 3 times by CP24. I have to say tonight was one of the most memorable experiences I had as a Montreal Canadiens fan. Congratulations to the guys...respect is owed everywhere! :clap:

Sorry dude, I disagree. IN 1993, all the good teams were taken out by other teams (Pitts, Boston) the Habs kinda had it easy that year.

This year, we just took out the 2 best teams in the NHL!!!

This feeling is better!

I agree but still say its similar to 93 cuz you can just feel that theres something special going on right now with the Habs.

4 guys in the top 22 in points so far, 3 of em under contract for years, Plex is th 4th. 2 in top 10 goal scorers. Just wild.

I`m not overly shocked the Habs have won both series, but I am surprised that they keep winning on Cammy and Gio. I figured the 3rd and 4th lines would be comming up bigger. But then again in all the games the Habs must win in the 3rd and 4th lines did come up big. I guess I just thought it would be more balanced, it is kinda shocking our 3 big guys who are signed long term are all giviner out there big time exactly like they are supposeds to be doing. I suppose if the 3rd and 4th lines were scoring more both series wouldnt have gone to 7. Lets hope the 3rd and 4th lines guys can pick it up a bit in the next 2 rounds.

To have reached ths point I definitely would have assumed Pouliot to have scored by now. I would have said h`d have a large part in getting this far, and so far he hasnt done much. That guy needs to get going, and it the Habs play for long enough he most likely will and I bet he`ll go on a tear when he does.

I

To have reached ths point I definitely would have assumed Pouliot to have scored by now. I would have said h`d have a large part in getting this far, and so far he hasnt done much. That guy needs to get going, and it the Habs play for long enough he most likely will and I bet he`ll go on a tear when he does.

I have the same feeling. I think Pouliot is going to get it going for sure. How can he not when all the others are flying out there.

And just another point.. I have to apologize. I said a couple mean things when we sent the 2nd south for Moore. What a pickup he has been. Well worth it. Great job!

I forgot to add my 3 stars:

1) Halak

2) shitty old Melon Arena

3) Gionta

That broken glass time out was so huge. I wonder if they didnt put new glass in for the playoffs because the arena is being retired after this season, would be interestingto know if that was a factor. That was prefect timing for the Habs. Am I the only 1 who thought it was ironic that where the glass was broken was a Habs fan. That made me chuckle and wonder if the guy covered that area with his large Habs flag and when the crowd was loud smashed the glass with a hammer or something. How did that glass breakÉ The timing of that was absolutely perfect.

just got back from crescent...

wow after the game IT WAS A HUGE ######ING PARTY IN DA STREETS

anywayz im drunk right now.. habs won, conference finals next. i think this year is something special.

im gonna hit the hay, then call in sick tomorrow! WOOO GOOO HABS GOOOO!

oh and there was a car on fire Towers and Maisonneuve lol

Edited by fromage

I think the Pens lack of depth was exposed. Winning the Cup eats away at your depth.

I thought the Pens would get dirtier, but as the series progressed the Habs lower two lines dominated

the Pens more hyped grinders.

I think the Penguins' third and fourth liners are about on the same level as all the other teams in the league. Crosby and Malkin and to a lesser extent Gonchar and Fleury are the difference makers. All of those sucked tonight and overall in the series they didn't really accomplish much.

just got back from crescent...

wow after the game IT WAS A HUGE ######ING PARTY IN DA STREETS

anywayz im drunk right now.. habs won, conference finals next. i think this year is something special.

im gonna hit the hay, then call in sick tomorrow! WOOO GOOO HABS GOOOO!

oh and there was a car on fire Towers and Maisonneuve lol

Partake in any of the looting?