GDT: Game 2: Habs vs Flyers

dlbalr

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe we're gonna get shutout 2 games in a row! I don't see how we can come back and win this series...not a single goal against a lousy goalie!

this team is folding up.. no drive to break the shutout even...

Despite Halak's save percentage, he let one bad goal in.. Leighton faced a single decent shot all night, with no screen...

the problem is very simple.. if the Habs don't wake up and start fighting for goals, they are done. I was worried as they frankly had it easy so far.. MAF was terrible. all Leighton is doing is not sucking.. and that earned him two shutouts.

I guess we will see if home ice helps get the habs going, but this is looking bad...

Well, they say it's not a series until a team loses at home...

I'm not sure "they" had been shutout twice in a row by a POS goalie.

This is so disheartening, but I'm not giving up hope yet. I haven't seen anything from Philly that the Habs can't overcome.

4 shots in the 3rd when down two goals.. seriously.. 4 shots... what the ###### is wrong with these guys.. this looks like our trip to florida when we mailed it in and looked terrible...

Leighton as the first star again.. lol..

I will give credit to the Philly D, they have been stellar.

MAybe our small size is starting to catch up to us! We can'T stay close to the Phily net cause our guys are too small!

Oh, and where are O'byrne? You think we cold use more size!

Edited by Habsfan

Oh, and where are O'byrne? You think we cold use more size!

If Martin doesn't swap Bergeron for O'Byrne then he's an idiot. MAB has been terrible in this series. If he wont shoot on the powerplay, and continues to turn the puck over, then what the hell good is he???

The Philly strategy is pretty different.. Washington and Pitts tried to win by scoring.. so they came at us constantly and Halak and the D just sat back and acted like a wall... this allowed us to get those easy goals on PPs and odd give aways...

Philly seems to be taking the strategy.. just play D against these guys.. don't let Halak get in the game... wait for our power plays...

Its working.. a team playing a defensive strategy has completely shut down our offense.

Edited by brobin

Habs is the best team to make the opposing goalie look good.

No fire in the Habs again tonight. Lots of poor decisions and lots of badly executed plays. They try complicated plays.. Get back to basics and execution! I thought Moore and Pyatt were our best forwards tonight. Cammy missed so many shots! Bergeron is pretty much useless to this team if he doesn't use his slapshot!! DO NOT WRIST SHOT!!

Poor collective efforts and lots of individual plays! That's not the way the Habs won the 2 series. We need the real Pouliot back on Gomez' line. And we need him in front of the net on the PP! O'byrne should have been there since day 1 - I don't get that one. But it doesn't change the fact the Habs couldn't score.

Two perspectives on this using Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan and Full Metal Jacket (FMJ is somewhat reworded)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(KIRK)- Scotty - what's left? (SCOTTY'S VOICE) - Just the batteries, sir. I can have auxiliary power in a few minutes (KIRK) - We don't have a few minutes. Can you give me phaser power? (SCOTTY'S VOICE) - A few shots, sir. (SPOCK) - Not enough against their shields.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philly has hit every major hockey target, against Montreal, and hit 'em hard. In Philadelphia, the United States Embassy has been overrun by crazy hockey nut suicide squads. Montreal is standing by to be overrun. We also have reports that a division of the Flyers have occupied all of the city from the Saint Lawrence to the possibly and likely the final.

In strategic terms, Philly's cut the series in half... the hockey press are about to wet their pants and we've heard our enemies are going to say the war is now unwinnable. In other words, it's a huge shit sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite.

Habs are mesmerised in many ways. SUCKS!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Alas, this didn't work so good this time ...
I give up. I have nothing. Hockey Gods not listening. Not wearing a jersey on game days no longer working. I had worn it during the Washington series but it backfired. Way to go shutout Leighton. I'm stumped. Superstition has died in me...

....Habs not playing

Bones: "We're all stumped Jim"

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien