Flyers @ Habs GDT: Game 3

bar

I was just about to post: "We'll still have to survive the "Van Hellemond"

Back in the ol' days he could be counted on for calling a penalty out of game context. He'd let them play and with 5, 4, 3 minutes left he'd call something dumb

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Markov got injured and left us with only one puck-moving defenseman.

At least Markov moved the puck to the right team. MAB is NOT a puck-moving defenseman. He has a shot. Big difference.

At least Markov moved the puck to the right team. MAB is NOT a puck-moving defenseman. He has a shot. Big difference.
MAB could be good at rushing. He has speed. He just has no clue when to dish it off. Usually the giveaways are at the blueline or centre ice. He just seems to still believe he can deke 1 on 1 with anyone in the league....and he can't. If he could grow a brain on that he'd probably do OK

Yeah, his name is Subban..what does that have to do with MAB????

When Markov was injured, Subban was still on the farm. Now we have two offensive d-men. We need to use both. Who plays the point with Subban on the PP? Hamrlik and Spacek could do alright there. Gorges and Gill couldn't.

When Markov was injured, Subban was still on the farm. Now we have two offensive d-men. We need to use both. Who plays the point with Subban on the PP? Hamrlik and Spacek could do alright there. Gorges and Gill couldn't.

Not for the playoffs. Markov was alive and well in the Caps series when Subban was recalled. Once again, MAB SHOOTS, the more he actually attempts to move the puck in any other capacity, the worse things get. That said, I'll take the rocket for goal #5.

Not for the playoffs. Markov was alive and well in the Caps series when Subban was recalled. Once again, MAB SHOOTS, the more he actually attempts to move the puck in any other capacity, the worse things get. That said, I'll take the rocket for goal #5.

Oh, yeah. My point still stands though: Subban and MAB are our only offensive d-men. We need to use them both. + Bergeron is useful on the PP.

Despite the goal by Bergeron, I'd like to see him in the press box. SO, SO many turnovers and bonehead plays tonight. Please get him out of there. I have no idea what JM has against poor O'Byrne, only playing him 2 minutes tonight - so he made a mistake with the clearing shot over the glass, big deal... why does Bergeron get so many free passes.

Despite the goal by Bergeron, I'd like to see him in the press box. SO, SO many turnovers and bonehead plays tonight. Please get him out of there. I have no idea what JM has against poor O'Byrne, only playing him 2 minutes tonight - so he made a mistake with the clearing shot over the glass, big deal... why does Bergeron get so many free passes.

I was about to post that exact same sentiment. It's hard to complain about a win, but MAB is dangerous out there.

2 minutes - Martin wasted a prime opportunity to get O'Byrne some confidence out there, something I just had to rant on in the HW 3 Stars. The only blemish in this one in my opinion.