Flyers @ Habs GDT: Game 3

bar

Despite the goal by Bergeron, I'd like to see him in the press box. SO, SO many turnovers and bonehead plays tonight. Please get him out of there. I have no idea what JM has against poor O'Byrne, only playing him 2 minutes tonight - so he made a mistake with the clearing shot over the glass, big deal... why does Bergeron get so many free passes.

Martin has made it clear to the fringe players that if you screw up you sit, OB isn't the only one it has happened to. Probably not fair to these players, but he's the coach and we win, so he must know something

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the goal by Bergeron, I'd like to see him in the press box. SO, SO many turnovers and bonehead plays tonight. Please get him out of there. I have no idea what JM has against poor O'Byrne, only playing him 2 minutes tonight - so he made a mistake with the clearing shot over the glass, big deal... why does Bergeron get so many free passes.

I sympathize, and even agree, but JM has led us to the dancefloor by the strength of his decisions. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Great win for Les Boys!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Come ONNNNN Saturday.

Well...looks like my dream was almost perfect. I said we'd win 4-1, but we won 5-1. I was disappointed to notice that O'Byrne only played 1:34. I thought that was pretty harsh by Jacques Martin! The Kid deserves better!

Predicted Habs win 5-2 in this thread.. we were both close =)

This is the team that beat the Pens and Caps!! Determination, 1st on the puck, collective effort!

My only concern is the offensive production of Plekanec. Even A.K. didn't want to pass him the puck in the offensive zone. And there was one play where Plekanec just gave up his linemates who were rushing in the offensive zone.

Well...looks like my dream was almost perfect. I said we'd win 4-1, but we won 5-1. I was disappointed to notice that O'Byrne only played 1:34. I thought that was pretty harsh by Jacques Martin! The Kid deserves better!

My only concern is the offensive production of Plekanec

My only concern is that now that the Habs have finally scored on Leighton and that they've won a game, they won't feel the urgency of winning game 4. Let's hope they come out as strong in game 4 as they did in game 3!

Yea, that was a real good effort by most everyone. Even though they scored 5 they missed a ton of real good chances. Hopefully the scoring will continue. Philly will be better Saturday.

I even thought Pouliot played well, didn't score but had some good chances, forechecked and hit some people. Only a few gaffs in his own end.

O'Byrne i think had more penalty minutes then ice time.

If the habs keep that kind of effort up, they'll be fine.

Great to see Dom Moore get 2nd star. That was a fantastic game by him. Lapierre's getting all the love from the commentators, but Moore keeps contributing in a less pronounced way.

Win the next game and then Game 5 gets real interesting.

Yea, that was a real good effort by most everyone. Even though they scored 5 they missed a ton of real good chances. Hopefully the scoring will continue. Philly will be better Saturday.

My question is whether the Flyers could actually adjust to the "new" Habs -- what would they be able to do to shut us down again?

Pronger apparently hasn't felt well for a few days, glad to see the Habs take advantage.

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/20/10/Flyers-N...&feedID=695

Take a look at the stat right at the end. The Flyers spent 25 minutes shorthanded? Just stretching the facts ever so slightly...

Another funny quote from that article. Pronger talking about his turnover on Moore's goal:

“I got the puck looked up and it hit some snow and I tried to get it up,” Pronger said.

Pronger apparently hasn't felt well for a few days, glad to see the Habs take advantage.

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/20/10/Flyers-N...&feedID=695

Take a look at the stat right at the end. The Flyers spent 25 minutes shorthanded? Just stretching the facts ever so slightly...

lol. Yeh, this duo really did their homework. It's stated that Betts finished a team-best +1, when he was tied for a team-worst -3.

I'm a wee bit uneasy with all the high-fiving going on in the wake of this game. If the media is anything to go by, the Habs are 'back in the series' and set to run off some Ws. That's the trouble...it's easy to let your foot off the gas when you've made a statement as definitive as that. The Habs need to CONTINUE to improve their game, not think they've accomplished something. If we trail 3-1 going back to Philly it's near-catastrophic. So my message? Stay worried, fans and Habs! Stay worried!!

I'm a wee bit uneasy with all the high-fiving going on in the wake of this game. If the media is anything to go by, the Habs are 'back in the series' and set to run off some Ws. That's the trouble...it's easy to let your foot off the gas when you've made a statement as definitive as that. The Habs need to CONTINUE to improve their game, not think they've accomplished something. If we trail 3-1 going back to Philly it's near-catastrophic. So my message? Stay worried, fans and Habs! Stay worried!!

I shouldn't think the team would be overconfident at this point: yes, it was a solid win, but they have been blown out twice in this series when they haven't put in the full effort, so they should know the consequences. However, after last night's game, they know they can beat the Flyers, and I think that matters a whole lot.

According to TSN, Montreal got away with a pile of penalties in this game and our first goal shouldn't have counted. Were they even watching the game? Do they mention all the calls Philly got away with? Do they mention the soft BS calls that were made?

Man, would hate to see what the Philly media thinks...