Is Lapierre's act starting to wear a bit thin?

REV-G

What kind of game would it be, if everyone was goodie too shoes? I mean honestly, some hark back on the 'good old days'? Yeah, when Messier was cracking peoples skulls open with elbows, Scott Stevens was turn opposing players brains' into jello...the good old days. Why do some fans take certain players actions as a huge insult?

The habs have been TOO easy of a team to play against this season. ANYTIME you add another dimension opponents have to deal with is never a bad thing. There was a great point about Max, he's Claude Lemeuix not Bob Probert, the whole Don Cherry arguments of having to back up your words, NEVER flies with me. There was a point about Laps only starting shit with the skilled players? GOOD! Trading 5 minutes in the box of Laps vs. Briere, Gagne, Crosby? I call that net gain. The concept of honour is silly to apply to teams like the flyers.

I'm sort of on the fence with this - I don't like the faces and the mock gestures, etc but it has been effective thus far. That being said, if he can back it up with his play on the ice, I can live with it. But if he goes back to midseason Lapierre where he did nothing but yap, then I'd be a little upset with it.

Haha dlbalr, I love the mock jestures, the faces, the taunting...it adds a bit of fun to the game, it creates rivalries between players. This isn't peeww house league, this is professional sports, they need to take any advantage, ride along that razors edge being careful not to cross it.

Haha dlbalr, I love the mock jestures, the faces, the taunting...it adds a bit of fun to the game, it creates rivalries between players. This isn't peeww house league, this is professional sports, they need to take any advantage, ride along that razors edge being careful not to cross it.

I can appreciate that some like it, but I've always been of the opinion that it's best to hit them where it hurts - the scoreboard. Stick to that and leave the extracurriculars to the other team. Taunting doesn't exactly accomplish that (unless you can goad them into a penalty and score on the PP, but that's yet to happen).

Actually...I think it's laying the groundwork for someone attacking Laps, which might result in a penalty. Come on it's the flyers, how can you not enjoy taunting them after what Carcillo and Pronger do.

Actually...I think it's laying the groundwork for someone attacking Laps, which might result in a penalty. Come on it's the flyers, how can you not enjoy taunting them after what Carcillo and Pronger do.

Never been a taunting fan, probably won't be anytime soon either. :) As I said earlier, as long as he's producing on the ice as he has been, it's no big deal. If he goes back to all talk and no walk...then I think almost everyone will be on his case again.

Haha...yeah it was a play on words. In all honesty though...if Cammy was talking smack and such..would that be more acceptable to fans, even though he doesn't fight?

Haha...yeah it was a play on words. In all honesty though...if Cammy was talking smack and such..would that be more acceptable to fans, even though he doesn't fight?

There's more than one way to back up the trash talk - hit 'em in the face (fight) or hit 'em on the scoreboard...Cammalleri certainly would qualify for the latter. :)

With the way he has played lately Id rather have him on the ice than in the box for 5 minutes because of a no good fight with some goon. If he can make one of the start of the other team to fight him though it would just be a good thing.

Never been a taunting fan, probably won't be anytime soon either. :) As I said earlier, as long as he's producing on the ice as he has been, it's no big deal. If he goes back to all talk and no walk...then I think almost everyone will be on his case again.

I don't have any respect for the "agitator" role no matter who does it. It's not sports. Hockey is hockey. I really like Laps solid contributions in some games and am glad when he gets called for diving. Just because its pro league and money is involved doesn't justify cheap crap. Mugging isn't justifiable because its done for money. There aren't two moral laws. :puke:

Whats the difference between and agitator and someone who's borderline dirty like Richards. Richards gets away with sooo much shit, cause he plays with an edge, so much so that EVEN Healy on the CBC broadcast was calling Richards hits, late, blindside, dirty. I love the trashtalking, and chippy play. You're kidding yourself thinking it's not a part of sports.