Flyers @ Habs GDT: Game 4

bar

The flyers didn't change anything...yet the habs lost their heads...again. No more coming back for short passes, instead just waited at the red line for passes to be picked off.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there it is... Leighton.. 3 shutouts... unreal...

I know some people will defend them.. but I am very disappointed in Pleks and AK in particular.. the games get tough, they disappear.. Pouliot, MAB, Moen.. yup.. not good enough, but AK and Pleks are suppose to be our 2nd line.. and they have done nothing..

Cammy, Gomez, Gionta, subban.. they are trying at least, but I don't see anyone else stepping up with them..

and Healy.. shut up about Leighton.. I could have had a shutout for Philly tonight.

Well since you asked for someone to defend them, let's take a look out west. How many goals do Hossa and Heatley have? How about Thornton or Versteeg? None of them have more goals than either AK or Pleks, so I truly believe people are being harder on them than they should be... The playoffs are a tough ride. I'm not saying I'm pleased with their effort, but thank god we don't have any of the other players that I mentioned...

Terribly upset with the loss, but I do still believe...

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx

No one escapes this game unscathed...even the golden child PK, even though he showed more hustle than most, wasn't great. They all played flat...so frustrating.

Like the great Yogi Berra said, "It's not over, till it's over!"

There is another game Monday night at Philadelphia. All we need is an all-out effort and a little bit of luck, like what happened for the first Flyers goal this afternoon (Gorges' skate).

Anyhow, I won't blame this team. It's been a great run so far. It would be fun if we could go further, but if we don't I will give the credit to the Flyers.

Still, I support the team: Go Habs Go!

No one escapes this game unscathed...even the golden child PK, even though he showed more hustle than most, wasn't great. They all played flat...so frustrating.

I tell you, it's really a challenge picking 3 Stars plus an honourable mention in games like this. The good news is the Habs have a full 2 days of rest technically - if they were a little fatigued, hopefully they can use the slightly longer break to their advantage. If we can get Game 5 and force a Game 6 at home, it could be interesting.

I'm going to tip my cap to the Flyers. That was a complete ass-kicking. Total domination. SK must have really done something wrong, because, in my opionion he's a better hockey player than Pouliot. Is there a softer 6'3 man on the planet? Leighton is in rarefied air, 3 shutouts in the conference finals. They wanted it more, and they didn't play dirty like they usually do. The perfect road game...

Ah.. Heatley and Thorton are exactly like Pleks.. they don't show up in the playoffs.. so yeah, good comparison. :)

Well since you asked for someone to defend them, let's take a look out west. How many goals do Hossa and Heatley have? How about Thornton or Versteeg? None of them have more goals than either AK or Pleks, so I truly believe people are being harder on them than they should be... The playoffs are a tough ride. I'm not saying I'm pleased with their effort, but thank god we don't have any of the other players that I mentioned...

Terribly upset with the loss, but I do still believe...

Let's be realistic ... they can't pull another one out of the hat the way they are playing.

It was fun while it lasted , just put the kids to sleep now.

Yep the habs should definetely get 20% of leighton's new contract, they did they all the work

Edited by jrhabs

They can win three in a row if they play like game 4. Although it's not his fault, but Halak has to be way better. The good thing...is his recent play might temper his contract expactations.

They can win three in a row if they play like game 4. Although it's not his fault, but Halak has to be way better. The good thing...is his recent play might temper his contract expactations.

If they play like they did in Game 4, they're goners for sure. :) Not sure Halak's to blame here, you take away Game 1 and he's got a GAA near 2.00 for the series. That's the argument his agent will make at least, can't see it curtailing his contract expectations at all to be honest.

My argument is, take away the numbers, and the goals he has let in have been of the non-elite shots. For no reason am I blaming him for any loss, but the shots he would have easily saved against the caps and pens, he's letting in against Philly.

Edit: and I meant game 3...haha

Edited by bar

My argument is, take away the numbers, and the goals he has let in have been of the non-elite shots. For no reason am I blaming him for any loss, but the shots he would have easily saved against the caps and pens, he's letting in against Philly.

Edit: and I meant game 3...haha

In contract nego's though, you don't get to take away the numbers - the numbers say he's allowed 6 goals in 3 games. That's what gets taken into the contract talks, not the highlight of each goal (it'd be nice if it could be broken down that way though). If Halak coughs up 4 in the first period on Monday and gets yanked, I don't even think that will drop his contract value any - the first 2 series have sealed him a much bigger deal than any of us had expected.

Oh well. At least it's all elimination games from now on... Maybe the real Habs will show up for them.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

All I can say is: the Habs have em right where they want em. ^_^

Habs are 5-0 when facing elimination, and by the time they've won the Cup this year they'll be 11-0. :lol:

I don't think that stat will save us on Monday

But hey, why not

93 Habs had OT

Maybe elimination games are 2010 Habs' thing

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings, and I ain't hearing her yet. Still holding out for a 28 game cup, vs Chi.....

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings, and I ain't hearing her yet. Still holding out for a 28 game cup, vs Chi.....

At the moment she is clearing her throat and taking a heavy big breath in. I hope she can hold her breath for a little while longer.

I hope the guy will drink alot of red bull for the rest of the way and come out flying.